Status: Taking a break...

Paw Prints in the Snow

Goosebumps

"But, just as John was reaching to grab Stacy's hand....a tentacle came from the inky depths of the ocean and dragged her into the water, never to be seen again!"
Everyone around the fire gasped, except Dawn and Jinx, the ones who were getting tired of scary story night.
We'd all been siting around a little fire Ricky had made, late into the night, telling scary tales.
Shela had told one about the outback, how someone got lost in the desert, found a tribe of Australian natives, and was scalped from head to toe.
Red told a story about a dream date turn nightmare, when the date is really an alien from planet vagia, and all the aliens there are female, but to sustain life on their planet, they hunt for males on earth. At first the guy is like 'Ah, yea!' but then hes like 'AHHHAHHHHH! NO!' when they chop off his penis and eat it...
Red's story was a little more funny then scary.
But of course, the guys didn't think so.

Ricky told a story about this Olympic swim champion who got killed in a car crash by a lake.
He tells us how now, if you want to go swim in that lake, you'll get dragged by your feet, down to the very bottom, all the 18 feet down. They say it's the ghost of the Olympic swimmer, others say it's just a whirl pool.
My favorite, though, was Jinx's story. He told us a story about two lovers who were camping up in the mountains, and how they took pictures the whole time. But, when they went home, they started hearing weird moaning sounds. They went down stairs to look around, and heard it coming from the box of developed pictures. Jinx said how they flipped through the pictures, one by one, and his voice kept getting softer and softer.
"And, then, when they got to one picture...it-AAAAHHHH!" he screamed in our faces, making us all jump back.
After our little stories were done and over with, Ricky and Dawn set the fire out. I yawned
and stretched .
"Here, I'll take you to your room." Jinx said, coming up behind me, taking my hand.
I smiled as I let him lead me to my room. Everyone liked to hold my hand, for some reason. I've noticed that.

Jinx walked me back into the house and back to the hallway. At first I thought he was going to take me to his room, but he took me up stairs. I thought he'd take me to one of these rooms, but he didn't.
He grabbed a rope dangling from the ceiling and yanked it. A set of white stairs came out of the ceiling, revealing a neat little compartment. Jinx smiled and said "Ladies first." I laughed lightly, and took hold of the first step. As we both climbed up, I couldn't help but to notice, this was a cool, crisp feeling room. The lights were out, but I could feel the familiar-ness of it. Jinx was close behind me when he stepped up and flicked a light switch, revealing a white and black set room, with a huge bed, and many beautiful paintings set everywhere. I couldn't help myself, so I made my way around the paintings, looking closely at each one. There were around 20 paintings, all varying in size. The biggest was a painting of a beautiful white wolf, behind it, was a lake. The moon in the painting was full, creating a pattern on the water. The wolf...
It looked like it were almost smiling.

"You know that's you, right?" Jinx said, his head resting on my shoulder.
My eyebrows came up. 'Really now...' I thought. Is it Dawn who paints these? I have a feeling.
"C'mon, broken head. Get to bed." Jinx says, pulling me to the huge bed.
The wolf is my favorite painting.
Jinx guides me to the bed, setting me on the left side. That's when I realize this bed is...pretty big for just one person...
"Is this...Dawn's room, too?" Now, I start noticing things, like his shirt on the floor. Two dressers, one with a bit of makeup and lotion on top, the other, a comb and axe body spray.
Jinx laughs a little, and starts to nod his head. "Yea, pretty much. I mean, if you have a problem sleeping in the same bed as him, you could always bunk with me." he says, a sly grin across his lips.
I laugh, Jinx can be just right at certain moments. I don't know why, but Im a little nervous about sleeping with Dawn.
"Oh come on, it's not that bad." Jinx can see through my facade.
I shake my head, pulling back the comforter.
"But seriously, I can sleep on the floor, and you can take my bed if you want, that's no problem." he says, setting a hand on mine.
I smile.
"I think Dawn would be the one to offer that." I say. Jinx sighs.
"Yea, I guess your right." His little accent is so cute when hes sad.
I scooted over and kissed on the forehead, letting it linger for a few seconds, and then looking him in the eyes.
"Good night, Jinx." he smiles. "Good night, Love." he says, kissing my hand, and heading out of the attic room.
When jinx turned the light off, all was dark. I could hear him walking back down the steps and gently closing the stairs.
I lay in bed, wondering what tomorrow will be like... do we go to school? Do we have other friends? Do we go into town, have fun, like normal people?
All my questions can be answered tomorrow. But for now, I have to shut down my mind, and let myself rest. I have a feeling, tomorrow will be very busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(In the Juvenile Detention Center)

A boy lays on a thin mattress, looking up at the bleak ceiling, whistling a tune.
"Hey wolf boy! Why dont'ya shut up!" yells some other inmate.
A smirk crosses the boys lips.
"Only a matter of hours till I'm out." he says to himself. On the wall beside him, there's several scratch marks, representing the number of days he's been in Juvy. The white wall will have to be painted over again.
The boy scratches at his upper left arm, around the area where he has a tattoo. A tattoo of a dark brown and black spotted wolf, standing over a black wolf. The black wolf lay dead, blood dripping from it's mouth, gashes and wounds all over. The dark brown wolf, smiling, winks. At the bottom, the words 'Till that day' are in gold and black.
Many inmates asked him about the tattoo, where he got it, for how much, and what it meant.
He's always said it was a joke between him and a friend.
He was given the nick name Wolf boy.
'How fitting.' he thought. How little did his inmates know about him. That he could break out of his cell at any moment. That he could rip everyone of them limb from limb.
'All for appearances.' he says. If he did any of that the Fed's would be all over him and his pack. In the back of his mind he thought he should have never broken into that house.
He shouldn't have stole the car, and drove off.
Being spontaneous isn't really his best trait. He really hoped he could get pasted all this and really focus on the main mission at hand.
"Destroy Dawn..." he told his pack, when they first formed. His pack isn't one hundred percent sure what his ultimate plan is about, but they follow along with enthusiasm.
"What I would give for a watch right now..." he says to himself.
"Cravic!" says one of the officers crossing his cell.
"Shut up, and sleep! Your being released tomorrow!" he rumbles and passes by.
Cravic laughs to himself. "I know..."