Status: In major progress!

The Beginning

Chapter 2

"Dear lord! What is that?" Ma was shaking nervously. Her eyes didn't blink as she slammed on the breaks. Before I could ask her what was wrong my eyes noticed a gray wolf heading towards the street.

A wolf walks cautiously across the street in front of my mom and me. Paranoid, it looks around, sniffing the fall air. From the trees a deer jumps out, its hooves landing on the wolf's pelvis. A howl and snap ring through the air. The pelvis protrudes out of the wolf's right side, blood starts to stain the once gray fur. With its antlers, the deer flips the wolf over. Blood slowly flows from the new stomach wound.

The wolf howls again, as the deer bites at the stomach tissue, pulling it open and revealing the internals. From where my mom and I are, we could see the wolf's heart pumping in its chest, and its lungs expanding to let in air. The deer growls and lacerates a leg off. A doe and her little fawn come out of the trees to eat on the unadjoined limb. The buck eats at the intestines.

My mom lightly touches the gas to go in reverse. The deer family looks up, and snarls at us with wolf remains hanging from their mouths. A moment later the deer family was gone in the forest, leaving behind a dilapidated wolf and a blood trail.

My mom continued to back up until she reached the hidden dirt road. Taking a right, the car sped home.