Status: complete<3 (but should this be a story?)

Better Than Better Could Ever Be

1/1

Why did Stephen and Cady insist on having a benefit show on Christmas Eve?

The better question was why was it always outside?

I hated the cold weather more than anything. I grew up in Arizona and was here in Wisconsin, Stephen’s hometown supporting my best friend and boyfriend, as I did every year.

I was anxious this year; Cady kept telling me that she and Stephen had a surprise for me during the show. I didn’t have the slightest idea about what they had up their sleeves.

The show was starting, and Cady was up first. She was cute as a button in her little red coat and cowboy boots. She did her usual set, plus a few Christmas songs; nothing special yet. Stephen’s set came and was almost to a close, and I could feel that something was going to happen.

“So my girlfriend, Avery, is here tonight. And Cady here and I wrote her a song. Av, this is how I really feel about you.. and I’ve got a question after the song.” He looked uncharacteristically shy, and Cady took the mic.

“Well here goes y’all.”

“….You're the match to my candle.
You're the scrape to my knee.
And you're what makes it better than better could ever be.
Than better could ever be.
Boy, you got just what I want.
I'm not going a place without your heart, woah.
And girl, you're my sun shiny day.
You'd take my life away if you ever wanted to go.”

“Avery I mean that sincerely.. you’d take my life away if you ever left. Will you marry me?”

Tears flooded my eyes and I shook my head, since I was at a loss for words. He jumped off the stage, and came over to me and pulled me into a mind-blowing kiss.

“Merry Christmas, Avery. I love you. So is that a yes?”

I grinned up at him.
“Yes. And you know what babe? This is better than better could ever be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this. A LOT! <3

comments???
feedback is GREATLY appreciated.
xxoo Tyra