Status: *sigh* enjoy? ^-^

One Drop of Water

Chapter 1 – First Day

On the second floor a perfectly shaped drop of water fell from the ceiling into a puddle right in front of a black locker. Red and black Vans splashed in the puddle. Shanon was standing in front of locker 1313 saying, “Another day of middle school, another day of terror.”
Shanon Lola Lovely is a short, translucent skinned girl. Her eyes are a black abyss, and her straight hair matched the black night sky. Some say she’ the living dead. Her black shirt, that said ‘Devil Child’s Angel’, had red dangling sleeves. The silver chains on her black holey jeans were swinging against her legs. Shanon’s silver quarter moon necklace shimmered in the hall light. Her black and red Vans stopped hitting the tile floor when she reached the silver numbers 1313.
“Think of it as our last year of middle school. Next year is high school,” Peter added cheerfully.
Peter James Devilin is one of the hottest guys in school. Every girl swoons over him. But he isn’t the average jock hotty. One of his eyes is a lovely green while the other is a dazzling blue, and they go with his red hair and the bleached spot all over it. Just like Shanon he’s thirteen, but he’s a lot taller. He was in his casual baggy ripped pants, and his skin was still a peachy tan from the long summer. He’s bright, funny, and a little stubborn.
“Yeah, but we’ll still be going to the same school.”
“True.”
“Another Monday, Yeah!” Tenichi squealed. “Why are you so bummed?” she asked.
Tenichi Ann Miller had natural green hair with black highlights, tan skin, and cat like eyes. She pulled up her gloves.
Alexandra sighed, “I didn’t pass my martial arts testing and neither did Shanon.”
Alexandra Michelle Lovely is the younger sister of Shanon. She has light blue eyes, and bleach blond hair.
“Ooo, bummer. Better luck next time,” Tenichi said.
“Oh yea like that’s going to help,” Shanon said sarcastically.
“You know it could help you, Shanon. Especially how good your luck is.” Alexandra commented. “Tenichi how’s Hikaru?”
“He’s alright. I haven’t seen him since he left for camp. How’s the single life?” Tenichi answered.
“I’m sick of it. But at the same time it’s great. Last night Shanon kept me up with her phone call to Nick.” Alexandra smiled when her older sister hit her on the shoulder.
“Yea, well he’s out in California. It’s a little hard with the time difference. It’s not like we’re dating. So, you should just shut your mouth.” Shanon stated.
“My brain hurts,” Peter whined. His face looking uncomfortable, he looked down at his schedule. “Come on, we’re going to be late for gym.”
“Great! We have P.E.,” Shanon said, throwing her hands in the air. “Then Chorus, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science. Not to mention tomorrow’s schedule.”
“Some of us have orchestra not chorus,” Peter said.
“Whatever, I’ve had this schedule memorized in the first few seconds of looking at it and I knew the combination before I even looked.” Shanon said angrily.
“Well, that’s because your physic stupid,” Alexandra said quietly.
“I know that. Anyway, something weird happened yesterday,” Shanon stated.
“What was it?” Cara asked as she walked over with her arm linked to a dirty blond girl. She was dirty blond as well, and both of their eyes were blue. The blond girl’s name is Cathy, and she and Cara are the school’s twin jocks. They hate it when they’re mistaken for cheer leaders. If they didn’t have perfectly toned legs and tan skin it wouldn’t be a problem.
“Da ba de da ba die da ba de da ba die,” Shanon sang out loud.
“Oh my god! What was that all about?” Ai asked as she came up from behind.
“Oh, it’s that song about blue people. I can’t remember what it’s called,” Shanon discussed with Ai.
“Yea, I can’t remember either. You got it stuck in your head or something?” Ai asked.
“Yep. I can’t – “
“Shanon! Hurry up!” Everyone yelled at her.
“Okay! Dang, you don’t have to be all rude. I can make water . . . well it was . . . I made it . . .” Everyone was signaling for her to move on. “How should I put it?”
Peter sighed loudly while rolling his eyes, “Can we please get on with it.”
“Oh . . . it was dancing,” She finally finished.
“You get distracted way too easily. That . . . is weird.” Peter looked at her like she was crazy.
“I know!” said Cathy, “I mean it’s –”
“Unnatural. No one is able to do that,” Cara finished.
“I think it would be ‘could’ now since,” They all stared at Peter. “Never mind,” he ended and shrunk.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX~ODOW~XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On the gym floor next to the bleachers stood a group of kids and a short man that was five times the size of a pig horizontally. He had tiny eyes that were fixed in a glare. He was bald, and was the school’s P.E. teacher. “Today we walk two laps around the gym, shoot three hoops, do four jumping jacks, skip one lap – ”
“OMG! I love skipping!” interrupted Tiffany. Tiffany’s hot pink spiky hair said almost everything about her personality. She was out there, socialholic, spontaneous, and different. The only normal thing is her eyes, which are an earthy green color.
“Okay? Catch five tennis balls, do six serves . . . with a volley ball, throw seven footballs, and pass eight basketballs,” said Mr. Adams. “Oh, since there was an interruption, do ten pushups, and twelve leg levers. Ready?”
“Why did you have to interrupt?” asked Ai.
“Don know,” Tiffany answered.
“What on earth are leg levers?” Peter added.
“Go!” Mr. Adams shouted.
“What happened to –", Peter started.
“Just go!” he said evilly. All the kids thought he was pure torture.
Shanon thought he was going easy. But for her, took only fifteen minutes, at the least. Shanon had finished her skipping her last lap. Peter was on her heels. They tossed tennis balls at each other with camera flash speed. Shanon served the volley ball over the net. Peter jumped, and caught it a smile covers his face. “You trying to beat me?”
“Wouldn’t be the first time.” Shanon served again just as hard and high as the last. They moved on to the footballs. Peter’s throws were flawless. The football spun perfectly with each throw. Shanon’s weren’t even close, but they were good enough for the drill.
“You seem a little bit off your game today. Take any slow pills?” Peter teased. Shanon chucked a basketball at his head, but instead of hitting him like she planned, he caught it. “Testy are we?”
“No, I’m just trying to not cream you like I did last year.”
“Excuse me, but I believe I beat you by a minute.”
“More like a second.”
“Winning is still winning, Luv.” Shanon blushed a little, but not enough for Peter to see. Peter put the basketball down, and started doing pushups on his knuckles.
“Show off.”
“You’re just jealous, because I’ve got muscles.”
“Please.” Shanon secretly continued to watch Peter’s muscles ripple as they continued their exercises. Shanon got to the leg levers first.
“So that’s how you do those.” Shanon and Peter finished, and ran toward the teacher.
“How can you do this drill so fast and not past testing?”
“It’s called board breaking, and it’s a bitch. By the way I won.” Shanon said.
“No, we tied.”
“Fine, we tied.”
“I’m done,” Shanon and Peter said to the astonished P.E. teacher.
“Um . . . go get the matts out.” The shock of their speed was something he never got used to for the past three years.
Shanon ran to the storage room, grabbed a matt and set it up in one of the gyms corners. Shanon and Peter finished with the four matts when everyone else was getting ready to play. The girls played the boys in matt bal. the girls won the close match, thirteen to eleven.
“To the locker room people. Next time you will get to enjoy a mile run.” Mr. Adams smiled as the whole class groan. Everyone went to change, and left for their music class.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX~ODOW~XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Good morning students. My name is Ms. Jones,” said a blonde slender woman with green eyes. “Bring out Why We Sing, please.” Ms. Jones said. Shanon took her folder from underneath Tenichi’s chair. She blamed it on Alexandra who was on the other side of her.
Liz, Alexandra’s cousin, asked “Are we going to learn Popular?”
“Yes?” asked Ms. Jones mysteriously.
Liz just smiled. Like Shanon she could see the future. Bu Liz didn’t always do the right thing with the information.
Ms. Jones had each person the class sing to her in her office. Alexandra was put in Alto, and Tenichi was put as a soprano. Shanon, on the other hand, wasn’t given a spot. Ms. Jones wasn’t sure which spot Shanon would be helpful to the most. By the time everyone else was assigned a spot, the bell rang.
Shanon walked back upstairs with Peter, and Alexandra. They were heading to room 310, the English room. The room walls had posters of different celebrities. All the desks were facing the chalk board. The teacher’s desk was against the wall parallel to the windows.
“It was awful. Mr. strings was more than evil, he was evil itself! I swore I saw a pointed tail behind his back!” Peter exclaimed.
“Kind of like you and those pointed ears or the red horns on your head?” Alexandra smirked.
Peter opened his mouth to talk, but closed it. He opened it again saying, “Yeah, well that’s a different story. I’ve got it covered . . . Literally.” He pointed to the hat he was wearing to hide the horns.
“No hats on in school,” said the vice principal as he was walking by. He kept his bald head down, looking at his clip board.
Ms. Davidson was a very tall, young teacher with brown eyes, and blond hair.
“Please get out your writing books and turn to page 394,” Mrs. Tank said. “Do exercises one through five, numbers one through ten.”
“That’s a lot! Couldn’t you cut it in half or something?” Hannah blurted out. Hannah was one of those typical dumb blonds, popular, and a cheerleader. People usually called her Mrs. Prep. She had, what guys thought, mesmerizing blue eyes. Like, was in every sentence, and she hated work. “Fine. Add eleven through twenty. Any . . . questions?” said Ms. Tank.
“Yes, Ms. Tank,” said the whole class. Ms. Davidson walked to the front of the room with a big smile on her face.
“Just kidding!” Ms. Davidson threw her hands up in excitement. “All you have to do is numero uno, exercises one through ten, but that’s homework. So get out your journals. Write about the week end, summer, summer of your dreams, goals for this year, or anything on your minds. Be creative!”
The rest of class, Shanon spent her time writing about P.E., and what interested her from other people’s thoughts. She mentioned how Peter’s shoe went flying across the gym when he kicked the ball, and the fact that his shoe went farther than the ball. As well as a list of stuff she wanted to accomplish this year.
Peter slid a crumpled up note to Shanon while they were working. Shanon unsuccessfully tried to open it quietly.

Hey Shan,

Sorry about the ball to the face.

PJ

Shanon laughed in her head. She wrote on it, folded it nicely, and gave it back to Peter. He opened it louder than she did.

Hey PJ,

I forgive you. But you forgot
the hit to the stomach. No wait
that was Grace. My bad.

Shan
Peter laughed silently, and glanced at Shanon who was writing as fast as she could. Time was running out, and everyone was rushing to clean up. They couldn't leave until Ms. Tank nodded her head.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX~ODOW~XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“I can’t believe Hannah is in most of our classes,” said Shanon.
“I heard she paid the teachers to give A’s,” said Nami. Nami was an anime fanatic. She had short brown hair, brown eyes, and she always has a note pad of her anime drawings.
“Speaking of the devil.” said Isabella.
“Try to be nice to her,” Shanon whispered.
“Oh, like that could ever happen,” Isabella complained back.
“So soo sooo true,” Shanon agreed.
“Watcha’ talkin’ about?” Hannah asked curiously as she sat down right in front of Peter, and winked at him. Shanon jealously stares at Hannah.
“I can’t do this I feel like tearing her hair out,” Isabella whimpered to Nami, Alexandra, Shanon, and Peter.
“You think it’s hard? I’m not a very nice person. I got detention for pulling a prank on her in the third grade, and for punching her in the fifth,” Shanon muttered back so only the five of them could hear.
“So?” Hannah asked annoyed.
“Oh, nothing,” Alexandra said, impersonating Hannah’s voice with a smile and batting her eye lashes. Hannah didn’t look convinced, but left them alone anyway giving Peter another glance.
Once they were ignored by everyone, they told Alexandra a rumor that Hannah was going out with Nimrod; she was so surprised he fell completely out of her seat. Peter just narrowed his eyes, and slid back into his chair further. Her crossed his arms and rested his head on them, glaring at nothing. Nimrod was Peter’s biggest enemy.
“Hello, I’m Miss Krunk, your history Teacher. Or as you call it, Social studies. We’re going to do team pus ups to learn how to work together. If you don’t work together in my class, then everyone is at fault. So get into groups of three to five people.” said Miss Krunk. “After you’re in your groups get your legs on someone else’s back until your whole group is a part of the push up position.”
“What is the point of this?” asked Hannah, “I might break a nail.”
“Just do it. You should be able to make a human triangle, square, or pentagon.” Miss Krunk instructed.
“I’m getting the weirdest image.” Tiffany walked in and handed Miss Krunk a pink slip.
“Nice of you to join us Tiffany. I’m just telling them how to do a team push up. Please find a group. As I was saying, when you’re done choose a person to count to three. Then everyone lift your body up, and try to do a push up.”
A few minutes later Hannah’s team was able to do eight pushups before they fell over. Shanon, and her competitive side, wanted to do better than her. She, along with Alexandra, Peter, Tiffany, and Isabella, started doing pushups. They got to eight and were about to complete nine when Hannah pushed them over. Then the class had to make one big circle-square to do a class team push up. After they completed one, the lunch bell rang.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX~ODOW~XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Thank GOD! I’m starved!” Peter said rubbing his stomach.
Peter was sitting with Nami, Isabella, and Alexandra. Shanon squinted at the spaghetti, and poked the mashed potatoes. Tiffany sat down with her, Peter was ranting on about something and Nami was laughing her head off. Peter finally stopped talking and said, “I’m bored.”
He saw Miss Krunk passing by. He leaned closer to his friends. “Hey you guys watch this.” He slid out of his seat, in front of Miss Krunk, pointed at the pie and asked, “Can I have that pie?”
“Sure. Why do you want it?” Miss Krunk answered.
“No reason. What kind of pie is it?”
“Cherry,” Miss Krunk had a confused look on her face.
“Perfect!” Peter grabbed the pie, and threw it at the back of a kid, Troy’s head. When it hit him, his face fell into the mashed potatoes he was eating. His table just gaped at him.
Troy looked up, his face covered in mashed potatoes and gravy. He scooped the stuff off his face and tossed it at Peter. At the last second, Peter ducked and it hit Hannah, who was right behind him.
“Nice one Troy.” Peter gave him a thumbs up with a cheesy grin. Troy glared at him. Soon the whole cafeteria was throwing food across the room. “Didn’t I tell you today would be awesome?” Peter yelled over the screaming kids having fun.
“At least you ate your lunch. I didn’t eat anything.” Shanon said as she picked up her lunch try, using it was a shield.
“Shanon, you never eat!” Isabella yelled.
“True,” Shanon agreed.
“It’s the first day of school, and I started a food fight. And Troy hit ‘Mrs. Prep’ in the face. I am a genius.” Peter bowed. As he did, food flew right over his head. “Well that was close.” He turned to see who the unlucky person was to be standing behind him. Sadly, it had been Shanon, who was hit in the head. She had an angry look on her face while she wiped the food off of her. Peter started to laugh. Shanon stepped on Peter’s foot, which made him bend over slamming his face into the pie in Shanon’s hand. Peter was getting ready to throw another pie at her, but she had accidentally taken water out of the air and made a shield of water around her.
“Shanon! No water shields!” Peter said with big eyes, amazed that the water didn’t drip. “How did you? How does? Where does? How come?” stuttered Peter still staring at the sphere of water protection.
“I told you, I can do weird things with water!” Shanon said slamming at the shield trying to figure a way to get out. She smashed it really hard and fell forward. Before she hit the ground, Peter caught her. “Thanks.”
“Peter Devilin, and Shanon Lovely! Please come to the principal’s office!” the intercom announced.
“You guys got busted!” Alexandra whispered to them excitedly.
“I didn’t do anything but make a water bubble, or in PJ’s world a water shield,” Shanon said. Peter’s legs started to shake; he was getting nervous.