Status: *sigh* enjoy? ^-^

One Drop of Water

Chapter 2 – Doomed

Peter and Shanon were in the halls in front of the principal’s office. The door looked bigger and more intimidating then it usually did. They were arguing quietly about who would go first.
“Oldest first,” Shanon said.
“No, youngest,” Peter said back.
“No, tallest.”
“No, shortest.”
“No, me.
“NO, ME!”
“Okay, go ahead,” Shanon said. “You did say ‘no me’.”
Peter opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Shanon pointed to the door with an evil sneer on her face, “Fine.” Peter opened the door to walk into the office. There was a big, brown desk almost in the middle of the room, two chairs on one side, and one big, leather one on the other for the principal.
“Brother man, sister girl, have a seat. Now let’s get down to business,” the principal said. He was shorter then Peter, he had really gray hair, and gray eyes. The table started to shake, “What is going on?”
“It’s all Peter’s fault.” Shanon said pointing at Peter, with a ‘what’s the point of me being here’ kind of a look.
“He was talking about the table shaking,” Peter said glaring at Shanon for almost rating him out. “Sorry, I’m just nervous.”
“You shouldn’t be,” he lifted one eyebrow, and made an expression that said ‘what did you do now?’
“That’s a relief.” Peter sighed and slouched in his chair. “So why are we here Mr. P?”
“Well, Horned one,” said Mr. Plummcatt, the principal. Peter smiled and made sure that the hat was on and that no hole had been created from his horns.
“How did you know?” He slouched even more in the slippery leather chair that he was in.
“Because I’m Shanon’s and your trainer.”
“Trainer for what?” Shanon asked.
“To train you in your abilities. Here let me show you.”
“Hey, what are you doing?” Mr. Plummcatt was mumbling some weird words; there was mini lightning bolts around his finger when he poked Shanon in the forehead. At that moment, Shanon, grew black horns, a tail, and dark purple wings. She was the size of a three-year-old.
“Can I do that? Because if I could, it would make life a little easier,” Peter asked. Shanon started to suck on her thumb. “And how did she do that?”
“Well, for your second question, the answer is: I have no clue.” Shanon said, back to her normal self.
“To the first one; you can’t because Shanon is . . . .special.”
“Special . . . .ed?” Peter asked. Shanon smacked the back of his head. Mr. Plummcatt poked Shanon in the head again, turning her back into the baby creature.
“What I mean is she’s different. See you can decide if you want wings, and a tail. She has more to hide, so she has more of a choice on what she can hide. There’s other stuff that I can’t say until later on.”
“Why?” Peter asked with a serious face. Shanon poofed back to normal.
“I said I will tell you later, in a tear of so or you could find out for yourself,” he explained again, whispering the last part.
“Why?” Shanon asked.
“Because I was told to wait. And don’t ask why again,” Mr. Plummcatt exclaimed for the third time.
“Why – ?” Shanon started.
“Why are you doing this to me?” Mr. Plummcatt asked Shanon.
“Because it’s my job to irritate people, and its fun,” Shanon answered. Before she could bug him anymore, he poked her back into the baby creature.
“So, what’s our first lesson?” Peter said excitedly.
“Learning to . . .” Mr. Plummcatt started. He plugged his ears. “You will learn to breathe fire.”
“OH MY GOD! COOOL!” Peter screamed and then tried to blow out fire. The only thing that was half in, half out of his mouth was his blue, lizard tongue. “Ehhh. Nothing’s happening. Why is there nothing happening? WHY!?! Peter was shaking the principal furiously.
“You ask too many questions. Well, you have to unlock the power with-in you,” Mr. Plummcatt exclaimed, pushing Peter’s hands off of his shoulders.
“You sound like Yoda.” Peter said.
“Is me and Pweter gonna work together?” Shanon asked hopefully in a toddler’s voice. For the fourth time she went back to normal. “Why do I keep doing that?”
“You keep turning back because you can’t sustain magic for too long. You won’t be able to do that on your own for a while, which is why you won’t be working with Peter. Except for the first lesson. No matter what type of breathing it’s all the same; water fire, blue fire, and water breathing all use the same skills.” Mr. Plummcatt exclaimed. “You will learn how to breathe water fire eventually.”
“Next he’ll be saying there’s green fire,” Peter whispered in Shanon’s ear.
“There is,” Mr. Plummcatt whispered back.
“Freaky,” Peter whispered loud enough to echo through the hallway. “He’s so like Yoda.”