Status: *sigh* enjoy? ^-^

One Drop of Water

Chapter 3 – Lesson I: Never Trust A Man Who Looks Like A Woman

“You may go back to class now,” Mr. Plummcatt ordered them. “Lesson one starts tomorrow.”
Peter and Shanon were on their way to Science. “Thank god it wasn’t about the food fight!” Peter exclaimed.
“Yea, I thought I was going to get punished for something I didn’t do,” Shanon said. “PJ DUCK!” She tackled him to the ground.
“What the?” Peter said on the way down. He looked up to see a bullet go over his head. “You just saved me. Have you ever thought of being on the football team with me?”
“No, why?”
“Just wondering.” Peter noticed Mr. Plummcatt said.
“What if she didn’t?”
“You’d be dead.”
Shanon started rubbing her temples, and her face was scrunched up from concentration.
“Well, that can’t be good. Shanon, what are you doing?”
“Reading his thoughts.”
“Why?”
“To see if he’s the real principal,” she whispered into Peter’s ear.
“Of course he’s the principal. Why would . . . wait wasn’t there a scar?” Peter whispered back just because she did.
Shanon rolled her eyes. “Exactly it can’t go away in just two seconds.”
There was a puff of smoke and the guy turned from Mr. Plummcatt to someone else. The man was tall and had fair skin. He wore a brown leather jacket and brown slacks with an alligator belt. He had long, straight blond hair. If he wasn’t muscular, you would have mistaken him for a girl. Then again he or she . . . it could be a muscular woman. He pulled out a pink gun, it was actually brown but someone must have decorated it. At a second glance Shanon noticed it wasn’t an actual gun, it was a water gun. Which gave Shanon a picture of Gimli (from Lord of the Rings) with a machine gun, on his face he had a demented smile and glowing eyes. With the gun he was shooting orcs. Then, all of a sudden, a skinny, shaggy, brown haired guy came out of the girl’s bathroom. It was Peter’s enemy, Nimrod. He stared at the ‘man’ who had put the gun back in his belt loop under his jacket.
“Who are you?” Nimrod asked.
“The question is . . . what are YOU doing in the GIRL’s bathroom?” Peter said.
“Well, I was getting my jacket. A new girl threw it in the girl’s bathroom. So I went to get it,” explained Nimrod coolly. “Anyway who is that guy?”
“We thought he was the principal,” Peter said, noticing Nimrod didn’t have a jacket in his hands.
“Turns out he isn’t,” Shanon agreed.
“I’m Mr. Strings, but in Peter’s book I’m evil itself,” said Mr. Strings.
“Be, eh, you,” Peter stuttered while pointing back and forth between Mr. Strings and the orchestra room.
“I’m your orchestra teacher. That’s why they call me Mr. Strings.” he said slowly.
“Where’s the principal?” Peter asked.
“Well, Mr. Plummcatt is on vacation. And Shanon, it’s not a water gun, it’s a BB gun,” he answered.
Shanon’s mouth dropped. No one had ever been able to read her thoughts unless she wanted them to. “Why are you here?”
“I’m here to help train you.” He said shaking his head.
“So your real name is Mr. Strings?” Nimrod asked.
“My name is James Browne number 006. I was James Bond’s instructor.” James B. replies. “Ready for the lesson?”
“I’mnotreadyforthelessonyet,” Peter quickly answered.
“Shanon shook her head. “Let me get this straight. You impersonated the principal, and almost shot Peter with a BB. You did all of that, just to start a lesson.” She turned to Nimrod. “You were in the girl’s restroom to get your ‘jacket’. Which isn’t true because you don’t have it.”
Well, you’re right about everything.” James said.
“Everything?”
“Everything.” Nimrod answered blushingly, putting his head down. “I was trying to meet a hot girl, who said to go into the girl’s restroom. As you can see she never came. She tricked me.”
“Who wouldn’t? So, when does that training start?” Peter said.
“Now!” James B. yelled.
“Peachy. Now there’s one more thing I have to study. We are so close to having no more school.” Shanon said.
“Shanon, eight grade just started.” Peter pointed out.
“Whatever. Weird isn’t it. If we want to talk without him hearing, we better Mind Talk˚.” Shanon mind talked to Peter.
“I thought he could get through your barrier.”
“He did, but I was distracted.”
“We should head back to Science,” Peter informed.
“No, we should go to our lockers,” Shanon argued.
Peter started to say, “Why? The music isn’ –” Vampire Heart by HIM started to play. “Never mind.”
“I love this song,” Shanon commented.
Peter and Shanon walked back to locker 1313. After they got all of their stuff from the shared locker, Alexandra and Isabella ran into them. Behind them came a new kid, Sirhc. He was around Shanon’s height, short brown hair, and brown eyes. “Guess who has a boyfriend and a date for the dance on Friday?” Alexandra said.
“Well, it couldn’t be Alexandra. She’s ‘trying’ to stay single.” Peter joked.
“Well, you’re wrong. My boyfriend is – ”
“Sirhc.” Shanon said bluntly.
“Yea. How did you know?”
“One, he’s right behind you, trying to hold your hand. Two, you both have the same level of excitement. And three, I read your thoughts,” Shanon exclaimed.
“Oh, right. I hate when you do that. So , what did the principal want?” Alexandra asked.
“Well, the real principal is on vacation. His impersonator has a job to train us. Oh! Plus, we ran into Nimrod, who came out of the girl’s bathroom.
“Weird. Hey isn’t that Mr. Strings?” Isabella asked, “He looks like an ugly girl.”
“Yea, you’re right,” Shanon replied. James B. took out the gun, again. But this time it was an actual pistol. To top that off it was aimed at Shanon and her friends. “Guys, duck and head to the V.P.’s office.”
“Who’s?” they asked.
“The VICE PRINCIPAL! Smart ones!!! NOW HURRY!” Shanon yelled.
“Why?” Alexandra asked.
“Just look at Mr. Strings!” She said furiously.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬˚Mind Talk ~ when Shanon and another person ‘open’ their minds and let thoughts in to talk. Shanon is the only one who can start it.

“Oh! RUN!” Alexandra pointed to the opposite direction of the office.
“Other way ding-dong.” Isabella said grabbing Alexandra’s arm and going to the vice principal’s office.
“Shanon, you should have never trusted a stranger. For royalty you’re pretty stupid,” James B. said.
“Royal, huh?” she asked.
“Wow, you don’t know anything, baka˚. Just hand me your necklace and I’ll leave,” he said back. “Did anyone teach you anything? You’re supposed to be one of the smartest people in the world.”
“Look who’s talkin’. No way am I giving you my necklace, Mrs. Brownie,” she said back, while looking for an escape. “What’s important about it anyway?”
“That precious necklace of yours has very important information that it can unlock. And I, being very powerful, need it so I can be the best in the world.”
“Please. You sound like a villain from a corny movie. You could at least word it to confuse me. Like you said I’m a baka. So you probably could do it with ease.”
“So now you have a brain to be a smart-ass?”
“I have one more than you. I’m surprised there’s not a nut rolling around in your head.” Shanon dodged a fire ball. “Missed me, missed me, now I get to kick your ass!”
He threw another one catching her sleeve on fire. Her eyes grew big, trying to blow it out. When she finally smacked it out, the sleeve was singed to the shoulder.
“Shanon, duck!” Peter yelled. Blue fire slithered out of his mouth. It had almost hit Shanon’s other sleeve.
“Nice shot. Let me see what I can do. HUH!” Shanon let out a big puff of air. “Hey, Einstein! It didn’t work.”
“Try saying something. Like Alakazam or something.” Peter suggested.
“Waterkazam!” Shanon rolled her eyes when another puff of smoke came out. “It still isn’t working.”
“I didn’t mean it like that . . .” Peter said, head hung, sighing. James was slowly coming closer.
“Water blast?” Shanon questioned. Her hands were up, fingers spread. Her eyes were squinted as a blast of water came out of her mouth. It hit James square in his chest, sending him flying fifty feet. The air around him puffed up with smoke, and he vanished. “That tasted nasty. Next time you try to shoot someone, hit your target.”
“Sorry. It wasn’t easy. You almost missed too. But what you did was way cooler.”
“I guess. But it has a horrible after taste. I think it came up from somewhere inside of me.”
“Now you’re sounding like Yoda.”
“I’m not sure how I did it. But I think it has to do with the dancing water, and that shield I made earlier,” Shanon answered.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬˚Baka ~ Japanese word meaning idiot.