Status: Complete! Prequel to Unbound (The Wild Ride).

Second Heartbeat

Chapter Thirteen.

Image
Over the next weeks, I was broken down to the point of near death only to be built up into one of William's little servants. Every little will he commanded I granted as if I were some mere genie in a bottle and I could not do a thing to stop it from occurring. Zacky never cast his eyes on me in William's presence, but when it was just us minions hanging out, I could feel him watching me. I longed to talk to him, but earning William's trust was certainly not an easy task to come by and I wasn't going to risk any chances talking to him. Then my heart would go into instant depression just hearing him talking to the others and ignoring me when I spoke up. An every night deal of me being the last to talk before the night ended in complete and utter silence, can't say I blame them though, I am the intruder on their parade of manliness!

Of course, the nicknames did get on my nerves whenever I just wanted to sit down to a nice cup of sugar with my tea, but god forbid I have any peace in that!

“Hey Juju, how bouts you swing that fine ass of yours over here and pour us some tea!” a very drunken Billy snapped at me, because you know a drunk person has manners these days! I just continued to ignore him as he and the rest of their drunken band of idiots taunted me with their snide comments. Hell, even the “dear, sweet” Zacky was being a total prick since he was drunk.

“I'd rather not spoil your idiocracy with my mere presence.” I growled at them and lay back on the couch, which is a very venerable position if you ask me. And I was corrected by that when a cool body pressed up against mine and I opened my eyes to see Zacky on top of me. “Anything you need?” I asked, glaring up at him slightly.

“I need you to quit avoiding me.” He said, pinning my arms on either side of my head and I could hear the others starting to grow restless. They would enjoy if something happened to me all to well, but to give them that entertainment is to die.

“I can't avoid the person who in turn is avoiding me!” I spat back at him, letting the anger roll off of me. He glared down at me and sat up more so he straddled my waist and smirked evilly.

“The avoided and the avoider, how about we make this interesting? Since you are in such a vun…” he couldn't finish his statement once I had kneed him where the sun forgets to shine. He toppled over and I stood up and brought my foot down on his back multiple times, no way in hell is he getting out of this without pain. That's when I knew the wolf was taking over, she knows that I would let him do whatever he wanted to me in my vampire state, but the wolf state just doesn't take that type of shit.

“Didn't your mother ever teach you how to not take advantage of a girl? Especially one that can kill your ass in a heartbeat?” I screamed at him, finally backing off and in my voice, you could hear the different creature. My once crystal like voice was now as jagged as the ice frosting over the pond out back and as dark as the moonless night. Everyone's gaze was on me now and I coughed to get the beast back inside of me, to go back to normal.

“Am I interrupting something important?” William's sweet voice cut in, ringing with a little laughter in his voice as he seen me standing above a blood covered Zacky.

“Not at all Sir, just a little spat done and over with.” I giggled and sat back down to drink my tea. William sat on the back of the couch, twirling strands of my hair between his fingers as the minions waited for orders.

“Now, my dear gents and Justice, I have a surprise for you all and it will probably come as quite the shock, seeing as though I am a well known ladies man, but I have taken a bride!” he practically squealed in excitement as I literally fell off the couch, spilling my tea on me and the now sitting Zacky. Did I mention that it was still piping hot and scolded him right where I kneed him? Oh that boy can sing, but his screaming is ever so much more interesting to listen to. I jumped up and faced William, fire blazing in my eyes and death staring him down within that instant.

“So who might I asked is this lucky ladies name?” I asked, straining to keep my composure as a certain familiar energy was drawing closer to the room that we were in. William just smirked at me as the door knob opened, sending the guys into a defensive frenzy.

Just as I was about to speak, the wind was knocked out of me by this site. Standing before all of us was Killa, dressed in a backless, black dress that went to her feet, but had a long slit up the leg to her waist. She wore killer looking pumps that stood five inches tall so she'd be as tall as William and a extremely valuable chocker necklace with a red rose hanging from it. She looked incredible! And she flashed a smile that could reblind a blind man, if that makes any sense.

Of course, you place a attractive girl in a room with guys who hadn't been laid in a while (excluding Zacky), their manliness spikes an all time high. And Gerard was a great example of this with a high pitched wolf whistle that sent William off the charts. Oh, I had never seen him look so mad! Quite entertaining if you ask me…though you didn't…

“Justice, you know I'm not caught right?” she said, which made her sound like she was talking in riddles. I looked at her sideways and just nodded to have her continue. “He only thinks I'm under his spell, but on the night of our “wedding” he will end up with this through her heart!” she whispered excitedly to me and moved the slit part of the dress out of the way for me to see a knife attached to her garter. This nine inch blade had been undetected by even the great William?

Just then William turned his attention back to us and walked over to me.

“Justice, thank you oh so much, but your services are no longer needed.” He gestured towards the door and I glared at him.

“Is that so? On my way out, would you mind me telling everyone your little plan that you had set up? Why I wasn't allowed to be with Zacky?” I taunted with the information that is never given out to any other coven member and smirked, only to piss him off.

“Justice, I think you should….should probably stop while you're ahead!” Zacky whispered trying to defend me, though I didn't know why after our little episode. William started towards me and stopped dead in his tracks as the sound of a knife against a sheath sounded loud and clear. Within seconds, Killa was up against the ground with the very knife to her throat and I lunged at William, only to get thrown down by Billy.

“You two honestly think that a mere knife will kill me?” William laughed at us before having Billy and Ryan take us down to the dungeon and chained us to the wall, locking the barred doors while they left. It was silent for a few minutes and then Killa looked over to me and sighed.

“Well, any bright ideas that would help right now?” she asked, trying to crack her neck without the use of her hands. I laughed and smiled at her, waiting for a confused look to cross her face, which it did and I began to tell her about the master plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, i've always wanted to land in jail with my buddy!
xD!
Liacide XIII