Status: Complete! Prequel to Unbound (The Wild Ride).

Second Heartbeat

Chapter Sixteen.

Image
The run to the mansion seemed to not even happen as the excitement that I felt was overwhelming my emotions. Zacky by my side was sure reassuring as I jumped over the fallen tree that blocked our path. The giant gate in front of the mansion was wide open; did he know I was coming back? Leaving a door open, meant that the person was welcomed back with an open door and open arms, but that was the last thing I was looking for. I mean Justice did enjoy some of the things that have happened in this mansion with all the guys and all. The time Ryan and Brendon had her play strip poker and she beat them all, let us just say that those boys do not understand that she can read them like a book.

The mansion was really quiet and that was never a great thing around this place. I looked around the vast yard and when I turned around to consult Syn on this…everyone was caught. Killa was standing at attention next to Ryan and William, who licked his fang at the sight of me alive. It is to damn bad that he still thinks I am Justice, I mean can he not tell that I am different?

“Justice it is so pleasant for you to join us, with all these…delicious snacks!” he said walking up to me, touching my cheek with the back of his hand. His hand came close to my mouth and I snapped at it, he withdrew his hand fast.

“If they were snacks do you not think I would have eaten them already?!” I yelled in his face, not caring if the spit got on him. He stepped back, whipping his face and growling at me as if I was afraid of a freaking vampire! Hell I had to live with one of them!

The wind was picking up as the storm clouds started rolling in, the wolf part of me was picking up this and realizing how much more vulnerable they are when the rain comes. I felt the rain start to fall as I looked around to look at my friends whom I care for and Zacky, who was struggling to get out of Billy's grasp. William motioned Killa forward so she was standing directly beside him and then to the guys holding Synyster. They brought him up to right beside me so that we could both see the fear in his eyes, then William did something I never expected him to do.

“Now Killa, for you final test…the test to show your true reliance to me. You must kill your true love!” he exclaimed almost happily as he gestured to Syn, who screamed no and earning a punch to the face by one of the guys.

“William, he is nothing to me, why must I kill someone who is nothing?” Killa asked, hiding the pain in her voice. I placed a hand on Syn's bleeding face and growled at William and his cronies. This was an all new low for him, especially to get a girl and one that has a child on the way, marriage on the line, and a life to live out before she dies.

“Then it should not be that hard to take the life of a mere human!” William yelled at her, pushing her forward. Sadistic thoughts ran through my head, wanting William to make the mistake of turning his back on me while I was alert and focused. She looked as though she had been stabbed through the heart multiple times and had it ripped out of her chest, fully aware of what was going on. William handed her a knife and she took it, looking down at it with full sorrow that I began to feel my heart stop beating.

“You can not make her do this, she is not yours to have and you know this as well as all of us!” I did not realize that I had began to speak and immediately got scolded by my two other parts.

“You of all people should know of my plans for this world, seeing as though you lived here for all of those months!” he exclaimed getting in my face, which might I add, I was slowly losing patience with this horrible excuse of a man.

“Why do you act as though I am supposed to care about a parasite such as yourself? You mean nothing to me!” I screeched at him. I am tired of this bloodsucker ordering me around like I am some loyal subject of his!

“Oh my, dear little Justice has gone insane!” Billy stated patting me on the head, earning himself a nice, sized bite on the hand. He withdrew his hand and went to punch me square in the mouth when I caught his hand.

“I am NOT INSANE!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and felt my body start shaking rapidly and out of anyone's control. Then the transformation started, first in my bone structure, then with my hair and nails, then the teeth and ears formed and then I was a full wolf. Fangs and fur! I looked down at my fur which was a deep blood red and yet I could see in the reflection of Billy's eyes that my eyes were an electric blue. I took one of my claws and sideswiped Billy across the face, watching as he flew ten feet to my left and knocked Ryan and Mistique down.

Then the fight began.

Syn was battling it up with some of the random people that fell under William's control as Killa fought beside him. Mistique was taking Ryan on solo as The Rev flanked her while serving Billy a roundhouse kick to the teeth. Jimmy was fighting anyone who dare cross his path (mind you, not his own men) and doing a hella good job at it. M. Shadows was helping Olice out with a straggler who decided to jump her while she was least prepared and so they were killing him off. Zacky stroked my ear softly and reassured me on everything as I came into William's eye of sight.

“So, you actually are a little bitch eh?” he laughed mocking me, but that did not last long when I felt Val lend me some of power and red bat wings protruded from my back. I was not any normal monster of the night, but a triple threat that would not back down.

“William?” I asked ever so sweetly.

“What?”

“Never underestimate your opponent!” I yelled as I flew at him with such force that my wings penetrated the meaty part under his collar bone. He screamed out in pain and pure shock from this movement and tried pushing me of, only to realize that the end of the hilted wings had a sort of hook figure to them, only causing more pain. My front paws were placed on his chest, proudly standing my ground, as the back kept his feet from coming up and kicking me off. Nails dug into his flesh and I felt the fear in him start to penetrate the air as everyone was circling us, the good fending off the bad so that this could not be interrupted. Then I noticed something quite strange about these wings and realized that the blood that it was causing William to lose was actually working it's was into my system. I was growing more powerful!

“You think bleeding me dry will kill me, you stupid mutt?” he screamed, though his voice was growing weaker by the second.

“No, but dear William, this will!” I exclaimed and I bite down on the crook of his neck, injecting the wolf venom into his bloodstream, letting go of him as I felt the poison hit his heart and it instantly stop along with his blood curdling screams. I stepped off of his mangled corpse and looked down at it, the pools of blood that did not make its way up my wings, lay around him.

The next few moments everyone seemed to go into a blind frenzy, as blood and fists flew everywhere in sight and I was being bombarded with punches and kicks, hell even bites. The fighting went on for about another twenty minutes before a high pitched whistle came from somewhere around us. We all looked up to see Killa standing on the huge statue in the front yard, two fingers in her mouth and then she looked up proudly.

“Knock it off everyone! Don't you know what the hell this means? We are free from William's reign!” she yelled at the top of her lungs and jumped down into Syn's arm, kissing him passionately on the lips.

“LET BREAK OUT THE BEER!” Jimmy yelled and we all ran into the mansion, not caring about the fact that blood was still dripping…it would dry soon! I transformed back into my human form and let Justice take back over. “Hah, let's get some clothes for the party animal over here first!” he yelled pointing at me, which then I realized I was naked…again!

Killa led me up to the room William had given her and she picked me out a red top that had a black rose on it and black pinstripe pants, along with a fedora. One of our specialties! She hugged and kissed me on the cheek before letting me get changed in her bathroom. I felt my cheek and realized that it was wet with tears, but not my tears. Had Killa been crying? I finished dressing and walked out of the bathroom to find the room completely empty and a single red note lying on the pillow of the bed. I picked it up to read:

Kiddo,

Words cannot express how proud I am of you. You've done what no one, not even I, was able to do. You've might have noticed that the vampire strain did not originate with William. I know I should have told you this sooner but due to certain circumstances I had to put it in this letter.
These are going to be difficult times, kiddo, not just for you but for the others as well. I have taken William's coven with me in the hopes that I restore the humanity William forced them to take away. I need you to be strong, kiddo, our band needs a leader right now and you've proven to me that you can do it. Even though we are far apart the music and the bond between us will never die.

I'm sorry for leaving you like this; I know our reunion was short lived. Being away from you is breaking my heart. I know I'm never going to feel complete again until I see you again. There is one thing you should know kiddo, a secret that I've been keeping for quite a while now. I'm sure you remember the day I adopted you as my sister, what you don't know is, is that we are actual sisters. I know the look on your face must be of disbelief but in your heart I know you've always believed it was true.

Time is running out for me kiddo, soon William will figure out what I'm up to and attempt to put a stop to it. Just now that I will always love you kiddo, both Brian and I made you our children's godmother for a reason.

Your sister,

Killa

P.S. I had a vision before the big showdown and I found the source of the strain. I leave you with this. I know, it's not much, but I know you'll be able to figure it out.

“At night, I feel like a vampire, it's not right, but I just can't give it up.”

I felt like I could not breathe, tears of blood fell down my face as I realized two things. One, I had lost my best friend who ended up being my sister and two, the curse was not lifted.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end.
There is a sequel!
Love you readers!
Liacide XIII.