Status: Complete! Prequel to Unbound (The Wild Ride).

Second Heartbeat

Chapter Five.

Image
The voice was the one from my head and yet something was a lot familiar from it, making me want to know who it was even more than before. I didn't know what to say to the voice, knowing that the most over asked question with these types of phone calls was “Who is this?” so I decided to just go along with the phone call and hide the question behind my breath.

“It's rather beautiful, I do have a question for you?” I stated hearing him sigh in announce.

“What is that?” he asked a little hesitant and I could hear voices in the background, that to sounded familiar to his.

“Why unforgivable love?” I asked glancing at the rose and its bow, wondering about everything it might mean.

“You figured it out?” he sounded surprised and that angered me just a little bit. He must have heard my breathing become heavy, because he spoke again. “It's not that I think that you couldn't…I merely thought, you'd just think it was pretty” he said half heartedly.

“Well actually, Killa figured it out within minutes and told me that the meaning. It is a very beautiful meaning for the rose, but the lace is what I do not understand” I stated cracking my knuckles like the bad habit it is, but hey it's that or chewing my nails.

“Hm, no wonder Syn likes that girl so damn much” he mutters, thinking I wouldn't hear him.

“What was that?” I asked a little too loudly, causing Killa to come into my room.

“Shit” I heard him curse and then the line went dead, leaving me dumbfounded with the phone in my ear. My whole body seemed to be frozen when Killa came and pried the cell phone from my dead grasp. I was starting to realize everything, but it was stuck in the back of my head refusing to move forward and I knew it was important.

“Justice Marie, snap out of it” Killa stated shaking me ever so slightly to wake me from the bank in the back of my head.

“The voice…called…” was all I could really get out, even though I really wasn't scared. The fact that I actually might know the person on the other line scared the hell out of me.

“What? Kiddo, I was on the phone with Syn and I heard you yell so I got off the phone and ran in here” after she mentioned the name Syn, everything clicked.

Syn was Synyster Gates and he likes Killa and the one who is the voice in my head and the caller has to be…no way, I mean the two really odd things have been time stopping with him being there and then the next him not and him talking to Mr. Brightside and then I end up with a rose in my room. Ok that's three, but you get my drift. Something about Zacky Vengeance was not normal and I'm not just talking about his personality, but humanity.

“Do you member that story you did for my fifthtenth birthday?” I asked her, eyes widened by the fear of what my mind was coming up with. She nodded and I sighed, remembering that it was based off Zacky Vengeance being a vampire that had been changed by Billy Martin from Good Charlotte that fell in love with my character. There's a lot more to it, but you'd have to check it out for yourself. “I think Zacky might be a vampire” I burst out, choking out the last part as though someone was holding it back.

“Justice, you seriously need to hang off that story some and all those vampire books you read. Do you remember what my story Saints of Los Angelis did to me? The dreams I was having from working on it so much, that demons were attacking me and how much it worried you. To assume that the Zacky Vengeance is an actual vampire is insanity you know that.” She explained to me and she had this look in her eyes that seemed to believe me a little bit.

“Yeah I know must have been my imagination catching up to me and I'm sorry for interrupting your phone call” I said hugging her. She left my room after she kissed my forehead lightly and I stared at my cell phone, wondering if he might call back and explain things to me. To think that the first thing that came to my mind about Zacky was that he was a vampire shocked even me, knowing that is what I actually wanted him to be. I snapped out of my thoughts to Mr. Brightside grunting in his sleep, his little legs moving around rather fast. I giggled a little bit and softly petted him, hoping it did not disturb him from his sleep. Gratefully, it didn't and I sat back again on my bed and stared up at my ceiling, letting my eyes wonder. The knife I got from my mother's boyfriend from the fair caught my eyes and I stood up on my bed and grabbed the key out of my pocket and took it out of its glass case.

The knife it's self was at least 9' long and it of course was illegal to carry, but it was mostly for looks. Seeing as though the handle had a picture of a white wolf and the end had a wolf head on it. The sheath for it also had a pack of wolves running and to me, it held a lot of beauty for a knife and the thought of using it to cut myself would be ultimately stupid. Even though I have had quite a few thoughts about doing so, my will power was not even close to being high to hurt myself. I sat it on the pillow next to me and got under the covers; hoping that sleep would take me once more and I let my eyelids drift shut.

It has been a month since the guys had left and I had gotten the phone call, still yet the rose had not died. Killa stated maybe the love was strong enough that it wouldn't allow the rose to die, knowing that I might mention some power involved she just shook her head and left for the kitchen. Olice said it must be a fake, even though she was wrong and even she knew that. And Mistique was simply too lost for words and was to busy preparing the rest of her stuff, since she procrastinated instead of packing everything a week before. Olice and I were the only ones in the living room when the doorbell started ringing, while someone was doing a rhythmic tune on the door. I practically ran over to the door and opened it with such hast that all of the guys jumped a bit. They all greeted me, except Zacky who wouldn't even meet my gaze and came in to greet everyone else.

“Where's Mistique?” M. Shadows asked as he sat down on the floor next to me and poked me in the stomach. My eye twitched as I looked over at him and that made him laugh, causing me to blush. It's not that I like him or anything, thing make me blush to easily and it makes me mad.

“She's finishing up her packing since she procrastinating till the last second” Killa stated as she came in and hugged all of the guys, hanging on a few extra seconds with Synyster. Olice made a gagging sound and Killa sent her a death glare from hell, which caused me to laugh. That caught everyone off guard since I had been so quiet, thinking about things and all. I looked at everyone and my eyes caught to Zacky's and they were an odd color red and then I blinked and they were normal again.

“I'm finally done guys” she yelled as she came down the stair with four suit cases in her arms. She was failing epically as she tried getting down the stairs and then The Rev got up and grabbed two of the bags, making sure that she didn't fall on her way down.

“I thought we were all going to die of old age before you got back down here and we just got here” Johnny Christ said jokingly as he set her bags down and hugged her, catching her off guard and making her blush. I laughed at the face she made and glimpsed over at Zacky, who had a rather stern face on and looked over at me and I swear I heard him growl. Syn must have heard it too, because he gave Zacky what looked like a playful hit on the arm. Zacky flinched some and rubbed his arm as he made a pouting face, which was yet rather attractive.

“Are we going to go yet?” he asked when he finally stopped rubbing his arm. His beautiful voice sounded so drained and yet seductive that it made me want to reach out and touch his face. Sadly though, I had to hold back the feeling and waited for the answer to come.

“We're ready whenever you guys are” Mistique stated, totally cutting The Rev off from talking.

“I'm all set” Olice said spinning her drumstick in her hand. I as the front man wanted to answer last and to avoid talking the longest. Killa defiantly noticed this and talked for me.

“Justice and I are beyond prepared for this tour, know that nothing is gonna scare us off,” she said proudly glancing at me and then everyone in the room. She stood up from her seat on the couch and I tossed her black Fedora that she loved so much. “Thanks Squirt!” she exclaimed as we all piled out of the house and I looked the door behind me, putting my keys back in my pocket. I went to grab my stuff, but a pair of hands got there before me and I looked into the eyes of Zacky. This time they were the normal color, but I knew that was only for a short time and if I was right I would have to be on my guard at all times. He picked them up, giving me a half smile and took them onto the bus while I whistled for Mr. Brightside, who met me out front and I clipped his leash on and he scampered after me.

The bus got rather noisy with everyone talking all at once and I just to the back room and put my blankets and comforter on the bunk, letting Mr. Brightside get up before me. I had been up at almost three in the morning and fell asleep only to be woken up at nine in the morning. Enough time for me to get a shower, eat breakfast, double check everything, and eat lunch before we had to wait for one o' clock to roll around. I decided to take a cat nap and then I felt a presence watching me. I opened my eyes to light blue eyes and they belonged to Zacky, who had his arms crossed on the bunk rail and he realized I was awake. He picked up the sleeping puppy and placed him on the bottom bunk and he crawled up into my bunk when I scooted over. I looked past him and everyone was asleep except us, making me a little uneasy.

“Killa said you would be hungry when you woke up and I told her I'd be awake when you woke up,” he said as he got out of my bunk and helped me down. We quietly made our way into the kitchen part of the bus and he turned to me as I sat up on the counter. “Anything you might like to have to eat?” he asked biting his lip, making me have that feeling from before.

“Popcorn?” I asked sweetly, hoping that there was and he laughed a bit and opened a box from one of the cabinets and popped one into the microwave. The aroma started to fill the room and made my mouth water, then Zacky handed me bottled water.

“It's a lot better for you then energy drinks all the time” he stated smirking a bit at my shocked reaction. Defiantly didn't see that coming, especially coming from Zacky and yet I took it and took a sip of it. The microwave started beeping and he got a bowl and took the popcorn out, handing it over to me.

“Thanks for this Zacky…from the look you gave me earlier, I thought you were mad at me” I said before putting popcorn into my mouth. He cocked his head and stared at me, moving closer to me which made me a little more uncomfortable than before. He took the bowl out of my hand, placing both of his hands on my knees and his face came closer to mine. I felt my heart kick into over drive as I felt his breath on my face, instinctively I wanted to kiss him and yet my morals told me to turn my head. I listened to that part of my head and turned my head which made Zacky get extremely confused, trying to make me turn to face him with his hand. I decided to put eight years of karate to good use and I used all my might to push him backwards, making him hit the refrigerator and this gave me time to grab my popcorn and start towards the bunk area. I turned around remembering to tell him something.

“Oh and Zacky?” I said trying to get his attention. He looked up and his eyes were black with fury, making me frightened a slight bit and I shook that feeling off. “Thanks for the rose!” I exclaimed before heading to my bunk and picking up the still sleeping puppy that slumbered on Zacky's bed. I climbed onto my bunk as I heard the door shut, identifying that Zacky was probably going out for a midnight snake. If he was a vampire, he was a very, very new one that hasn't fully unleashed his full self in this life. I finished my popcorn and waiting for the sun to rise over the horizon, listening to the sweet song of The River by Good Charlotte.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy lovelies!
Liacide XIII