Status: Slowly Active.

Only If You Promise.

Home.

I had a strong believing that I wouldn't return. Yet, here I was, sitting on the same wooden bench I had a few months over a year ago. This place hadn't changed, though I had plenty enough. The castle walls were still dirty and grimy, the smell still reminded me of home. A home I missed greatly.

Unfortunately, this place was too much the same, and for that, I dreaded my final two years. With a scowl on my face and a glare directed at no one in particular, I sat by myself surrounded by my former peers. Could I see past their snarly ways, I didn't know. It was always a wonder to myself why I had been placed in this lot of people.

Apparently the talking Hat knew something I didn't, and was quiet on letting me know exactly what. Difficult as returning was, I found that I hadn't fit in with any group in my 'family' and when trying to do so, the end resulted in a terrible mess and unhappy past on my behalf. I had belittled myself, and my family name. And for that, the Slytherins swore that I would pay for the damage done and for the lies spoken. And, then, when it was all said and done, when I finally began a new routine and found a place, I was thrown into the midst of being rejected by my one and only friend.

Draco had always been a large part of my life at Hogwarts. He had found a way to my weakness, and didn't use it against me, but tried to help me instead. He spoke great things about me, defended me, was there when I needed him most, and just when I thought that it was going to be okay—he wanted nothing to do with me.

Confused and scared, I left.

I didn't expect my sudden disappearance to cause any trouble for anyone. Fortunate on my behalf, it hadn't. With my problems behind me and my mind set narrowly on just finishing school so I could disappear again, I had high hopes that maybe, just maybe I could find myself once more.

A passing group of Slytherins stared down at me as I let my dark hair fall over my shoulder, creating a thick curtain.

Merlin, just kill me now—

"Hello."

Startled, I looked up quickly, eyes wide with curiosity. To my surprise, a tall bronze haired male sat down across from me and tossed me a perfect smile. His bare arms and neck revealed thick, glowing scars. Still at loss for words, I gaped quietly and cocked my head to the side.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded slowly, folding my arms on the table. "I-I'm fine." My voice gave nothing away; not my uncertainty, not my tiredness and not my surprise, "Who're you?"

He smiled, "Roman. Roman Fuentes. And you're Charlotte King?”

Again, surprised, I nodded. If justice served me well, I had hope that he would leave. When he didn't, I took it upon myself to bring the conversation to an ending. Trying to be as monotonous and blunt as possible, I said, “Yes. But I would think it wouldn't mean much to you.”

“Why would that be?”

Unbelievable. First, he had the audacity to sit with me, then he makes conversation—this was going against everything I had planned! My entire set-up was ruined, and I had Roman to thank. “Why are you here?”

He smiled like it was obvious, “I attend school here.”

I sighed, “No, why are you here? Sitting with me?” I'll admit, I wasn't angry at all that he took it upon himself to sit with the outcast. Nobody did that, and I found a great honor that he had. “No offense, but you're probably making a huge mistake.”

He leaned forward on the table with his arms, “And your suggestion for that might be—”

“Leave.”

His reply was cut short. He caught his breath and stared at me for a moment, before releasing my gaze and moving his eyes elsewhere. A moment ago, he seemed invincible, but now I was certain he looked merely tired and unwound. Satisfied, my eyes ventured towards the large, elaborate double doors.

Coincidences are such a pain in the ass.

I settle my gaze on the beautiful male. His platinum blonde hair was alive with a brilliant white, grey eyes sweeping the room without hesitation. He was strikingly handsome. I knew from looking at him, that he was overly confident, that he ruled without confrontation. He lived without fear, because he was capable of that. Why he had befriended me, I had little idea about, but I was still grateful.

Even if he was a sworn enemy.

“Funny how that happens,” Roman's words held a distaste, as if the thought of the seductive monster burned his tongue, “He's a complete fraud, and takes others for granted.”

“He only needs you for his own convenience.” I meant for it to be a final word on the matter, not a invitation for an open chat.

I had then apparently become a happy, welcome part of Roman's life, because from that moment on, I found myself more involved with the laid back ways of a nobody, then the independence I had my hopes set on from day one.