Status: Newbie;; short story for your enjoyment(: Comments appriciated(:

Forget Me Not.

Hate Me, Love Me, Save Me, Remember Me ...Please.

"Do you know how absolutely ridiculous you look in that outfit?" Starr scolded me as I walked backwards towards the doors of the Great Hall.

"Starr, she looks fine." Lux replied, laid back and mello.

"Please, you only say that because the almost only difference between your outfits is that you're wearing a fishnet top over a black and blue corset with tutu. She's just wearing her leather jacket." Starr now scolded Lux.

I groaned. "Can you two please not embarass me that much this year? It's bad enough that I have to put up with Lacey and Jennifer, but I do not need you two arguing the entire time like we will most likely be."

Lux and Starr exchanged glances, and remained silent. I continued walking backwards. "You know, I don't even see why I need to be here. Scropio has taught me plenty!"

"She's taught you uses of your magic. Not how to control it. You. Need. Control." Starr scolded me. Well, isn't she being a total fun-sucker today.

I stuck my tongue out at her, earning another scolding because of my tongue piercing, and continued to complain when I found myself at my destination...and I wasn't paying attention.

"...please welcome miss Kaity McKnight!"

"But I don't see why - the doors totally opened on me and I'm in the Great Hall, aren't I?" I said. Lux and Starr nodded.

Two shrieking screams came from my left. Awh, Jen and Lace do recognize me after all this time. How loving. Not.

I turned, smirking at the both of them and proceded up and sat on the wooden stool to be sorted into a House. I swear, if I was in Gryffindor, I would stab myself.

"Another McKnight girl, hm?" The Sorting Hat said.

"So than I take it you remember my disfunctional family?" I said, poison dripping from my every word.

"Oh quite well. You're so much like your aunt. What is it she goes by now...Luna, correct?"

"Yeah, what of it? 'Cause of my idiot of a father her and the good chunk of my mom are fucking dead."

"I remember her very well. And you're so much like her. I know where you're going for sure." If I'm like my aunt, so do I. I thought, smirking. "SLYTHERIN!"

The Hat was taken off my head of precious onyx hair and I hopped down, walking over to Slytherin's clapping and cheering table. I heard Lacey say, "Tch, of course she'd be in the same House our deranged aunt was."

I turned on my heel quickly to bitch at her, and heard a clanking on the floor that absolutely broke my heart to hear. My lips parted slightly, my jaw still together, and I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Lacey stood up in her Gryffindor uniform to confront me but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw what fell on the floor and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Why do you keep that thing with you?" Starr asked me in a hushed voice.

I swallowed hard, trying not to cry. "Because it's all I have left of him..." I choked out.

The entire Hall was dead silent as my brother's Leaf Village ninja headband lay on the floor, scratched metal part facing up.

"You said no more." Starr said.

"And then I ran away, didn't I?" I clenched my fists. "I ran, trying to look for him, Starr."

"Just leave it to--"

I turned back around to face her, "No, dammit! I will not leave the job of finding my brother to that...that...that knuckle head!" I yelled.

"Kaity--" Lux said, pointing at my hair.

"It's spiking up, I don't care! My eyes can turn onyx for all I give a damn! You don't get it, nobody does, and nobody ever will!" I yelled, shaking my head furiously. "I have to find him before our bond breaks. Because if that breaks, than I won't know if he's okay or not. He's my brother, dammit. He's all I've got left."

"Kaity, you have me." Lacey said in a small voice.

I scoffed. "As of when? You left me all alone back home. Did you forget how abusive dad was? Oh of course not, that's why you fucking left." I turned and glared my worst at her. "You traded your own bloodline in just so you wouldn't get killed. Itachi may be an ass, and Sasuke may be a dumbass, but they've all I've got left of that half of my bloodline since Aunt Luna is dead because of dad!"

Lacey's eyes welled up with tears. "Kaity, fucking listen to me!"

"No!" I nearly screamed at her, using my magic to get the headband back in my hand and turned to face Lux and Starr. "You cannot keep me prisoned here, I will find him dammit. And you fucking know that."

I closed my eyes, biting my ruby lips to hold in the tears just a little bit longer, and ran out and to the dungons. I knew all too well where the Slytherin Common Room and such was.

"Password?" The portrait asked me.

"Pureblood." I replied. That hasn't changed in centuries. The door opened and I ran in, running to the room with "Silver Fang" etched on the door. It was my aunt's old room, and by the looks of things, it was nobody else's.

I flopped on the bed of black and green and cried, my eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow all running down my pale face.

I found my backpack next to the bed and began sifting through it, only crying more upon seeing one of my old pictures from my sketch book that I drew from the good old days.

Then a picture Lacey and Naruto took from the Chunin Exams...

And one from my twelveth birthday.

I wiped my face enough to see but not hard enough to get all the make-up off, and went into the bathroom to look at myself. Tears started falling once more upon seeing my eyes had shifted to onyx and my hair had flared up.

I went back into my room, broke a vase and smashed a picture of Naruto, Lacey, Sasuke, and I, and flopped back on my bed.

"I swear, Sasuke, I will find you..." I said, falling into the darkness of sleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter.
Dunno about second or anything yet.
Comment?
:)