Status: Newbie;; short story for your enjoyment(: Comments appriciated(:

Forget Me Not.

Oh I've Gotta Turn and Run, From Faces That You Never See.

"Where the hell is he?!" I barked at Lacy as we ran through the corridors.

"The Astronomy Tower!" She shouted back.

Figures, the place I wanted to pitch myself off of when I first met the buttmonkey.

"But Kaity, how are we supposed to beat these guys?" Lacy asked me.

"How else?! We have kick-ass magic they don't!"

"...No we don't..."

"Sister say what?!" Now was not the time to hear this.

Lacy shook her head. "Our crests are bumped! I have no clue what's going on but I don't have mine! That's why I couldn't defend myself earlier."

"Lace, you can't defend yourself period." She didn't like that much. "But--"

"Look at your palms and you tell me!"

I rolled my eyes, getting pissed, and slid my wand into my outfit's sleeve, and looked at my palms. I swore furiously upon not seeing my blue crescent moons etched into my skin and clutched my wand tightly.

"I tol--"

"SHUT THE HELL UP." I did not need 'I told you so's right now. If I did, I'd get Starr's ass down here. Speaking of Starr, where the hell was she?

I shook thoughts of Starr away, only to be plagued by Lux. Those two are supposed to be my Guardians and no where to be seen. What the fuck?!

I grumbled to myself and pushed myself harder, sending hexes and curses and what-not flying at the Death Eaters. I felt my eyes begin to tingle and knew what was soon to come.

No...not now...I don't need this right now! I thought.

"Sis, I don't feel right." Lacy said, shaking her head around. "I keep feeling so strange...and when did it get so cold here?"

"We'll get to that later, right now, we just need to make it to the Astronomy Tower!" I replied, blinking back tears of blood and trying to forget those horrid memories...

Image

I walked backwards down the street. It was completely silent. I knew living in London would be a bad idea.

Is mama okay? I thought. Where is everyone?

"Mirror on the wall, frame the picture, reflect this kiss to wish us all..goodnight..." I heard a voice say in the shadows. As I went to ask who was there, a cackle of laughter erupted from behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks, clutching my little stuffed cat, Shadow, to my chest.

"Well, well, well," A woman said, "it looks like none of them had to die because here you are."

D-die...? I thought, panicing. Was my family...dead...?

"Now turn, my dear, so I can see your scared little face." She cooed.

I felt tears falling down my cheeks. This was it, my moment of death. I was only ten years old and about to die.

I turned and faced the mad woman. She looked a little taken back.

"Tears of blood, eh? You're so much like Luna..." She grinned evilly, and pointed her wand at me. "Avada Kedavra!" There was a flash of green, and blackness took over.


Image

The Astronomy Tower was just up ahead. Bloody tears streamed down my pale white face, frightening Lacy. However, she knew not to ask.

We ducked just under where Draco stood, scared as shit, about to kill Dumbledore, who seemed calm like he was high as a kite. Lacy rushed over when she saw Harry Potter down here as well. I never liked him much, but we had a peace treaty thing from last year when we were against Umbridge.

Once Lacy was preoccupied with Potter, I made my escape to get the Power I needed. I changed into the McKnight bloodline costume, and stood on the ledge of the Tower. All fell silent.

"What if I wanted to break? Laugh it all off in your, face. What would you do?" I sang. "What if I fell to the floor? Couldn't take this anymore? What would you do?"

"That voice..." A woman, Bellatrix Lestrange, said. I cringed, recognizing that voice.

"You...it was you..." I barely said, turning and removing my hood.

Bellatrix's eyes went wide. "You're...you're supposed to be dead!" She shouted.

I chuckled. "Do I look dead to you?"

"I watched you die!"

"But you didn't watch me come back, now did you?"

Image

Rain drops dripped on my forehead, waking me up. My eyes unstuck themselves and opened slowly. Why was I laying in the middle of a street?

People peered out of their windows at me, whispering amongst themselves.

"Wasn't she dead?" One woman said to her friend.

"She was hit with the killing curse, she should be!" Her friend replied.

I sat up, the rain dripping on my onyx hair.

"Such a little girl...she's all alone too..."

I glanced up at who was talking and they gave me looks of pitty. What was going on?

I stood up and began walking, clutching Shadow to my chest.

"Where are you going?" Someone shouted to me.

"I need to find my mama!" I yelled back, running towards home.


Image

Flashes of seeing my parents and aunt dead on the foyer and kitchen floor passed through my thoughts. Then running upstairs and seeing my sisters dead either on their beds or floors shot through as well. If it wasn't for me, Lacy wouldn't be as alive right now.

Draco was looking up at me, stunned and crying. What a pussy.

"Like you've never killed anyone in your life?" I snapped at him. "Oh that's right, you haven't. I have." I glared at him, and looked up. Perfect, the moon was coming out.

"She draws Power from the moon!" Bellatrix shouted at the other Deat Eaters. "Don't let her get that Power!"

I closed my eyes, letting my cloak slip off of me, and held my arms and hands in the Libra stance. Something ran through me, and my eyes shot open, blood running down them.

"She has the Spirit Eyes!" Someone yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still no comments on Minutes to Midnight :/
I also have another only Sasuke one up - The Runaways.
I'll only update if I get comments. If I don't, well, maybe I'll just stop writing :/
Chapter title creds goes to Broken Pieces by Apocolyptica feat. Lacey Mosley of Flyleaf