Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 14

“Man, calm down. We’ve been dating in high school, I think that the feelings are still there.” Ryan said as he held me close and I had my arm around his waist.

“So that’s why you were upset with me being in love with you. And that’s why you don’t give a damn about me.” Brandon spat and I closed my eyes trying to hold my emotions back.

“No, not at all.” I said softly.

“Forget it. I won’t bother you anymore. I’ll leave you two alone.” He snapped yet again and disappeared.

Ryan and I waited a couple of seconds for Syler and Pete reach us.

“Well that went well.” Syler said and I shook my head. “Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be fine.”

“No it won’t. He hates me now.” I whined.

“Now you’re acting like Pete, honey.” Ryan said softly and I elbowed him in the guts and he laughed in return.

*****Two Days Earlier*****


“Are you sure you set up a meeting?” Pete asked me and I nodded in return. I looked around the dark bar and looked around the dance floor trying to find a tall, lanky, dark haired boy. I didn’t find him. I looked around the booths and only found some drunken idiots with harlots on their laps. So disgusting. I shook my head trying to recover from the dirty images that I heard from the men’s thoughts and turned back to Pete.

“I don’t know why he’s not here. I specifically said to meet us here.” I hissed in anger. I looked around the dimly lit bar in another attempt of finding him. Then I looked to my right and jumped from surprise. There he was, cleaning the martini glasses and putting them in their proper places.

“Took you long enough.” he mumbled.

“Well you could’ve saved us all some time and revealed yourself half an hour ago.” I snapped at him and motioned over to my glass so he could add more rum in it.

“You cranky little drunk.” He mumbled back making Pete snort in order to hide his laughter.

“Well at least I’m not a horny drunk.” I smiled at Pete and then Ryan started laughing. “Don’t you dare.” I pointed at him and he raised his palms up in defense.

“Now what’s going on? I hear that Will’s been trying to get you on his side and he’s been acting like a little bitch about it too. Punishing everyone left and right. We’re lucky that there’s no blood whores around, because last year it reeked of brothel from a mile away, I swear.” Ryan complained and my eyes were wide in shock. William is so lucky that I wasn’t there to kick his ass.

“Okay, well I decided to try and pretend to be on the dark side.” I said simply trying not to crash my glass with my hand.

“What?! Are you insane?!” Ryan hissed at me as he came closer so only Pete and I could hear him.

“No, that’s the only plan the two idiots could come up with. Or to be more precise, an idiot and a cat.” I said with a roll of my eyes.

“Yeah, meaning it has ‘bad idea’ written all over it.” Ryan insisted.

“I know, but it’s the only plan we’ve got.” I said “And in a couple of days I’m going to the mansion—try not to kick Will’s ass for almost turning our house into a brothel—tell him that I’m basically on his side now and from then on I will find a way to take him down.” I explained and took a sip of the burning liquid in front of me.

“Okay, well that sounds like a good plan, but why do you need me?” Ryan asked and I smiled sheepishly. “This ought to be good.”

“Well since Beckett senior—” Pete started.

“Call him that again and I will have to castrate you.” I hissed at him and his eyes widened as Ryan shook his head in amusement.

“As I was saying,” Pete continued “since the other living Beckett knows that Avery is in love we need to find someone who will be convincing enough to play the lover part, and I have no fucking clue why she picked you for that part.”

“This is like high school all over again.” Ryan groaned and I nodded with a sympathetic smile.

“What’s going on?” Pete asked turning to me.

“I went out with Ryan back in high school to make someone jealous.” I explained and he nodded in understanding. “He was quite the kisser.” I smirked and Pete rolled his eyes.

“Better than me?” Pete smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“Pfft, you wish.” Ryan said and I laughed. “But I’m in, it’s time to take William out. He’s gaining too much power and the human population keeps decreasing with the rate of Dandies rising.”

“I know.” I said nodding. “So when I’ll get to the mansion I’ll talk to you more, but right now all I need is your cooperation. Some feelings might get hurt in this but no matter what happens we cannot tell anyone.” I said looking at Ryan and he nodded. He put another glass in its place and added more rum in my glass.

“Well, I’m with you, my room is one of the guest rooms there. On the second floor next to the library.” Ryan explained and I nodded already knowing the route that I will take from William’s office.

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you in a couple of days.” I said and he nodded. I snapped my fingers and made our drinks disappear as I started to get up.

“Thanks man, we appreciate it.” Pete said as he shook Ryan’s hand and he nodded in return.

“Whatever it takes, man. Just don’t be reckless.” He turned to Pete and pointed his finger at him “And don’t you dare to pull any of your stupid stunts, I know you too well.” He said and Pete just nodded.

Then we walked out and disappeared to the warehouse where we met up with Syler and discussed our future actions.


*****Back To Present*****


“Let’s just hope no one suspects anything.” Pete said and we all nodded. Then we all disappeared into our own ‘homes.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!!!!!!