Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 18

“Avery, open this door, please!” Brendon kept pleading but I ignored him for the past two hours. I also put a force field around the room to make sure that no one who doesn’t have my blood would come in.

“What the heck is going on?! I’m trying to get some rest!” I heard Willy yell as he walked into the room.

“She won’t open the door.” Brendon said and I heard Willy sigh.

Then he was standing in front of me with a smile as he pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and let him take us into the bedroom.

“Why did you lock the door?” Brendon asked as he ran towards me trying to look into my eyes in order to find some answers.

“Well I’m going to go now, have fun you kids, there’s some protection in the nightstand drawer.” Willy said as he kissed me on the head and I just sent a fire ball into his direction hitting him in the ass. He yelped and ran away.

“What?” I said as Brendon looked down at me. “Brendon?” I asked trying to get his attention but he was too deep in thought. “Okay, see ya!” I said and started walking way till he turned me around and crashed his lips onto mine. My eyes widened from shock as I pushed him away.

“Why did you push me away?” he asked out of breath with hurt in his eyes. “I thought that you love me.”

“Do you really think it’s that simple?” I asked looking him in the eyes and he nodded.

“Isn’t it?” he asked and I shook my head.

“There’s a reason why I couldn’t forgive you. There’s always a reason for me to do something. You broke my heart. I can’t trust you.” I said and I could feel how broken he became and I instantly wanted to take my words back. The next second I know he was gone.

I just stood there in the middle of the room trying to keep the tears from falling.

“Go talk to Anna, she’ll know what to say.” I heard Willy say and I nodded as I disappeared into the warehouse.

I appeared into the living room which was fully occupied at the moment. I saw Syler look at me and he instantly pulled me into hug as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Shhh, It’s alright, it’s alright.” He kept soothing me but it didn’t work.

“What are you doing here?!” Patrick bellowed and Pete hit in on the head with a pillow.

“She went to become a Dandy as a spy you idiot! Do you really think that she would betray us?!” Joe yelled and everyone looked at him in surprise. “There’s a bug installed in the basement just in case I miss something.” He smiled and we all laughed.

“I’m sorry, Avery.” Patrick said and I nodded.

“It’s alright, and Willy’s not that evil anymore, so you don’t have to worry about him. He installed skylights in the dungeons so the Dandy population keeps decreasing.” I smiled and everyone’s jaws dropped. “I know right!” then I remembered why I was here and started to cry again.

“Oh no! Not the waterfalls again, not the waterfa-” Joe was about to yell.

“Shut up you idiot and do something!” Pete yelled while jumping around in panic and flailing his arms around. “Can’t you see she needs help?!” he yelled frantically.

“Yes but not nearly as much as you need a tranquilizer gun shot in your ass.” Syler said and Pete instantly snapped out of his panic mode and started charging at Syler.

“What did you say?!” Pete growled baring his fangs.

“I said calm the fuck down! You look like you have rabies!” Syler yelled.

“Said the cat who’s probably more prone to getting rabies than any other animal on this planet!” Pete yelled back and I just took a deep breath and let out an earth shattering scream. After I stopped I look around to find everyone looking at me wide eyed.

“Stop fighting! I need a fucking hug damn it!” I yelled as more tears flowed down my face.

“You guys are such idiots.” Anna said and limped over to give me a hug. “It’s going to be okay.” She said with a soothing voice.

“What happened anyway?” Pete and Syler asked at the same time and then glared at one another. “You read my mind you bastard!” they yelled.

“I can’t read minds you dumbass!” Syler yelled with a roll of his eyes. “Ave, what happened?” I looked at him a proceeded to tell him.

“And why isn’t it that simple?” Anna asked in confusion. “I mean it’s pretty clear that you two love one another, why can’t you just be together?” she asked with an expression as if she was watching Titanic.

“Because I can’t trust him? Because I’m afraid he’s going to hurt me again?”

“Well then all you gotta do is hurt him the same amount of times, stab him, and then you’ll live happily ever after.” Syler said smiling. “Oh, can I do the stabbing please?” he volunteered.

“No! I wanna do the stabbing!” Pete yelled.

“And if you don’t shut up, Anna will do the kick you in the groin with her cast!” Anna yelled and I laughed. “See, she loves me the most.” She smiled holding her chin high.

“Do you wanna go upstairs?” Pete smiled to her.

“No.” she said.

“Then shut it!” he yelled and she raised her eyebrows raised.

“You really want to go there?” she asked and he just looked down. “That’s what I thought.” She said and I laughed.

“So basically you ran away?” Patrick asked.

“No, he disappeared first.” I frowned.

“Then go look for him! You two need to talk!” Syler exclaimed.

“Wait, does this mean I can date William?” Anna asked out of nowhere and everyone’s head snapped in her direction.

“No!” all of the guys yelled.

“Why not?! Avery said that he’s good now! And he’s gorgeous! And he likes me!” she yelled.

“And he’s also a lot older than you!” Pete, Syler and I said at once.

“Avery!” she yelled.

“Well excuse me for not wanting you to suffer from an old guy sex!” I replied causing everyone roar in laughter and Anna open her mouth in shock. “Sorry, but you set yourself up for that one.” I shrugged.

“You’re mean.” Anna huffed.

“I’m just honest.” I replied.

“Well your honesty is mean.”

“Anna, don’t ask me if you can go out with Willy, ask your brother.” I said and then looked at Patrick.

“Hell no.” he said. “Just because he put some skylights in the dungeons, it doesn’t make him a saint.”

“And the brother has spoken.” I said widening my eyes a bit for a dramatic effect.

“I see you’re not upset anymore.” Syler smiled and I frowned again as the tears started flowing. “Just go talk to him!” he yelled and literally pushed me out the door.

“Wait, Syler, no!” I yelled as I started banging on the door. Wait a second! I feel so stupid right now.

Then I just reappeared back in the main floor of the warehouse.

“Okay, so now that I got rid of her,” Syler started and then stopped when he saw me, “I really didn’t think this through.”

“Not the first time, and I’m sure it’s not the last.” I smirked. “But I am going to go talk to him.” I said and came over to hug everyone. When I got to Anna I sent a smile her way. “I’ll talk to Willy.” And she nodded with a smile. “Peace out, losers!” I yelled and disappeared into Willy’s office.

“Hello Avery.” He said not looking up at me. “I heard that you and Brendon got in a fight.” He said still not looking up.

“Who did you hear it from?” I asked.

“Me.” I heard and turned around to be faced with Brendon.

“Really? You told my brother on me?!”

“I didn’t know what else to do!” he yelled back and then gulped as his eyes flickered to my lips and then away from me.

“You two are a serious pain in my ass.” Willy groaned and I rolled my eyes. “Just kiss already!”

“Been there, done that.” I said waving my hand around a bit and then Willy raised his eyes to look at me.

“Then why are you two fighting?” he asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Because she says she “can’t trust me” which I find ridiculous.” Brendon said using air quotes.

“She has a point though.” Willy said and I nodded in agreement.

“What?! You made me do everything by threatening her life!” Brendon yelled.

“So nice of you to care now.” I mumbled looking at my nails. I need a manicure. Pronto.

“I’ve always cared!” Brendon yelled. “My entire life, my whole afterlife!” he kept yelling and I just rolled my eyes and took a seat in a chair in front of Willy’s desk. “If only you loved me half as much as I love you maybe you would understand.”

“You did not just say that!” I screamed at him. “You kept hurting me! Over and over and over again! And after all of that I never stopped loving you!”

“Then why can’t we just be together?!”

“Because I can’t trust you!” I yelled and stormed out of the office just to crush into someone I really did not expect to be here.

“Avery?” he asked with wide eyes.

“How?” was all could let out before I heard a crash back in my brother’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :)
Please comment and subscribe!!!