Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 19

“Jon!” I nearly shouted in shock of seeing his face again. “I thought you were dead.” I said looking over his features making sure this isn’t a dream, or considering the fact that Brendon and William are standing right behind me – a nightmare.

“Well, technically, I am.” He responded with a new sound in his voice that seemed to be a lot more melodic than I remember. He was smiling at me showing me his bring pair of fangs.

“How? Did Will do this to you?”

“Why must you always blame me for such things?” said the walking nightmare with a sense of sarcasm in his words.

“Because you have developed an unhealthy habit of turning my friends. I just cant believe this. Why must you keep hurting me? What satisfaction does that bring you?” saying that I was furious seems like such an understatement right now.

How could someone who used to be my world and my guardian angel turn into such a horrendous creature? How can someone who used to be so shy and kind create a whole dominion destroying every aspect of life in its path?

“I just keep hoping that if I have more of your friends here it would make your stay here more enjoyable.” Another smirking statement, what else could I possibly expect from such a monster.

Looking at an emotionless statue I realize that he isn’t good. He doesn’t have any sense of good anywhere in his entire being. This man is evil and I will never be able to forgive myself for trusting him again. For attempting to trust Brendon again. My love for them dies now.

Silence. Nothing but gorgeous statues standing closely within one another’s range. This is all I can see. A bunch of lifeless creatures who lost sight of everything that is important. Forgetting what it’s like to love. Forgetting what it’s like to feel.

“You win. I give up.” I finally stated still trying to gather up my scrambled thoughts.

“About damn time.” William damn dearly spat at me causing me to start hissing at him.

“Just watch out. You might lose something very dear to you.” I could feel the pressure in the pit of my stomach that keeps me from killing him right here and right now.

“And what might that be?” he smirked back look as if he’s untouchable. Wrong.

“A young lady named Anna-Marie.” I noticed his loss of composure for a slight second before he went back to being emotionless.

“I just pretended to like her so I could get to you and as you see, it worked out in my favor quite well.”

“Awe, that’s too bad. She will be so devastated to find out that a vampire that she grew to like so much is simply using her.” I could feel the power shift in the room making me in charge of the situation. I could see William break down simply by looking into his eyes. A little mind reading helped as well.

You lost your composure and revealed your thoughts to me. Game over.

This is far from over. You did not win, unless you want Brendon dead of course. You might’ve fooled him, but I am not blind. It also helps remembering your charade from school.

What charade?

The one with you dating Ryan to make Brendon jealous.

What are you talking abo-

Enough! Did he just interrupt my thoughts? Don’t you remember that it was I who gave you that idea?

My eyes widened at the thought that I had just heard and I didn’t even bother to try and hide it. I failed at masking my true emotions but I still have enough ammo to keep him down from his throne.

You do know that that was actually the cover story so you would be okay with me dating Ryan, right?

Now that’s just a load of bullshit right there and I know it.

Shit, shit, shit. I have got to get this idea out of his head. I have to convince him that I have Brendon.

Think what you want William, but Ryan is the only thing that makes my stay here tolerable if you would know me as well as you claim to, you would know who I love and who I loathe.

“Think what you want. I don’t care. I love him and it’s all real. It’s the only real thing that is in my life right now!” I shouted dramatically hoping and even praying that it would make him believe every word that I am saying.

“How am I supposed to trust you?”

“Considering the fact that you’re the one who’s been manipulating everyone to make my life miserable, you’re the one who doesn’t deserve being trusted.”

“Fair enough.” He said disappearing right after. What a wimp.

“The show is over, move along!” Ryan yelled to everyone except Jon and the Dandies slowly left the hall.

Brendon wasn’t so nice with his leave. He made sure to walk right past me and hit my shoulder with his.

“I know you’re lying.” He whispered with a smirk that I did not understand the point of at all.

Why would he smirk at me and how is he not convinced of my story? I see Ryan looking at Brendon’s back and really focusing on it. I hope he can get some answers because I have a feeling that Brendon might be up to something. As I’m about to leave William appears before me and I roll my eyes not knowing what is about to come out of his nasty ass mouth.

“Just as a little insurance, you and Brendon are still sharing a room.” And with that the mighty queen was gone yet again.

I looked around making sure the hallway was completely empty then looked over Jon and Ryan. Ryan nodded and put his hands on my and Jon’s shoulders. In a split second we were standing in a deep forest. If I was still human this would be a little spooky, but being who I am right now I find it peaceful listening to all of the night creatures waking up for their hunt.

“Brendon didn’t buy the story.” Ryan started interrupting my thoughts.

“Before we get into that,” I then turned to Jon “how are you still here?” I asked smiling.

“Well obviously, Will changed me not too long after he changed Ryan but I had to be kept a secret for god knows what reason.” He replied leaning on a tree and pulling his hat down on his eyes looking like he was about to doze off.

“Yeah, I mean I’m the talented one!” Ryan scoffed and I looked over at him urging him to continue. “I can read anyone’s thoughts. You can’t block me. I can reach into all of your memories and feelings no matter how deep they’re buried.” At that my head started to spin.

“That’s why William has you.” I groaned banging my head on a tree across from where Jon is standing.

“William doesn’t know. He thinks that Jon is supposed to be the special one. That’s why he’s keeping him secret. He’s waiting for his powers to basically bloom.” He explained and I was starting to understand it. I get it now. Except why does William need so many vampires that are so much stronger then him? “For me it’s just a safe place to stay, well not anymore thanks to this,” he pointed between me and him “and it’s fun to read your brother’s evil plans.” He smiled saying that sentence.

“Alright that makes sense I guess. Can you read my mind?” he shook his head at that.

“For some reason you’re blocked. I think it’s because of your powers. I’m glad that I can’t read it though, I don’t want to look at all of the nude images of Pete and Brendon in there.” He said sounding extremely disgusted.

“I don’t think about Pete that way!”

“So that means you think about Brendon that way?” he grinned and I sighed because there’s no way of me winning this argument anytime soon. “I really hope that one day you two will end up being together.” He started looking down at the ground and eventually sat down on one of the stumps.

“No way. He betrayed me so many times Ryan.” I sat down on the leaf-covered ground in front of him.

“It wasn’t him. I know his mind inside out. William is the reason he did all of that stupid stuff to you.” Maybe Ryan was right. “Right Jon?”

We both turned over to look at Jon and he was sound asleep leaning onto the tree.

“He is such a great conversationalist.” I said looking over to Ryan and he just shook his head at his friend’s behavior.

“But in all seriousness. Brendon didn’t want to do any of it. William threatened his life if he didn’t do what he asked.” Ryan kept explaining but honestly, I didn’t want to hear it.

“He could’ve stood up to him. Brendon can take William on, why was he hesitating to do so?” I almost yelled getting really frustrated about the subject.

“Because that’s the only way Brendon could ensure your safety.”

“By stabbing me in the back?!”

“By doing what your brother tells him to do.” He rolls his eyes at my anger which doesn’t really put me in a better mood. “That was the deal between them. From the moment that William turned him. That’s the reason he turned him too. Not just because he needed another Dandy. Because Brendon agreed to protect you and this was the only way.”

“Wh-why would he do that? He ruined his whole entire life to protect me when I can already protect myself!” I pulled my knees up and laid my head down trying not to think about all this. “I’m the reason he’s a vampire. It’s all my fault.”

“It’s not your fault. Brendon’s just a really amazing guy who would do absolutely anything for you. And he would stop at nothing to make you his whether it’s by your own will or by his force.”

“You’ve got to be joking.” Ryan just frowned and shook his head.

I should me mad right now. I should be livid but instead I have butterflies in my stomach that want to fly my body closer and closer to that mindless fool who kept trying to save me and I never even noticed.

“You love him. I know how much you do, just don’t let William catch you two.” He said and my eyes widened at the ridiculousness of the words that he just said.

“Catch us? There will never be an us!” I screamed jumping off the ground and looking down on Ryan who was just smiling at me.

“I know how much you want him back in your life without my powers.”

“I can’t have him back. I never even had him.”

“Avery you had him from the moment he laid his eyes on you.”

No! I can’t have him back I can’t take him back he will keep betraying me.

“Avery you need to talk to Brendon.” Ryan kept insisting.

“How can I talk to him after all of the shit that was said between us? After so many times that he has seen me kiss you.” I could feel tears starting to fall down and Ryan pulled me into his chest trying to soothe my heartache.

“Go talk to him.” He smiled and I nodded taking a deep breath and then disappearing back into the mansion.

This is it. I am finally going to tell him that he’s the one. He’s my soulmate. He’s my everything.

I keep walking through the dark long halls trying to calm my nerves down and trying to get all of the negative scenarios of me talking to him out of my head. By the time that I was standing by the door taking deep breaths. When I finally reached my fist up to knock on his door it flew open without my help and some vampire walked out nearly bumping into me.

“I’m so sorry!” she laughed and I just furrowed my eyebrows. She just gulped and started walking away.

This is where Brendon flew out of his room with something in his hands. I didn’t even notice what he was holding. I was more focused on his unbuttoned shirt, messy hair and lack of socks or shoes for that matter.

“Mona you forgot your gloves!” he shouted and she quickly ran back to grab them from him.

“Goodbye handsome.” She purred and placed a kiss on his check. After that she was gone.

I could not move. I could not speak. I don’t even know why this should affect me in any way. While I was still pondering about all of the reasons why this should have or should not have affected me Brendon noticed my presence and his eyes widened and he was obviously lost just as much as I was.

“Avery nothing happened.” He started nervously not sure where this would go.

“Just as I thought something could be changed.” I mumbled and he just looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

“Avery I can explain.”

“Explain what? I’m not yours. I never have been and nor will I ever be!” I screamed for I don’t even understand what reason.

“Then why did you come here?!” he screamed back and then it was just silence. “Avery I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.” He started moving closer to me trying to place his hand on my cheek and look me in the eyes but I swatted his hand away just in time.

“Leave me alone. Don’t look at me, don’t think about me, don’t talk to me. Erase me out of your life Urie.” I responded before walking away and disappearing I don’t even know where.

~Brendon’s POV~


I know she doesn’t love him. She can’t.

I keep getting mad at myself for being such a horrible human being. Why can’t I just tell Will off and be on my own? I have to fix this.

The walk back to my room was quiet but nowhere near peaceful. I can’t stop thinking about her.

Her eyes. Her smile. Her voice. Her thoughts. Her.

Thinking of her makes me smile but as soon as I do that I hate myself even more. Why did I wait so long to try to be with her? I know she belongs to me. She is mine. No one deserves to hold her in their arms. Come to think of it, I don’t even deserve to hold her in my arms.

Agh! She makes me insane!

I barge into my own room throwing my shoes and my socks off. I’m so disappointed in myself. How could I let this happen? How could I let her slip out of my life so easily? At this point I just started kicking everything in sight and then I just broke down. I ripped all of my bedsheets up and just fell to the floor grabbing my head trying to calm down. All of a sudden I hear my doorknob twist.

“Go away!” I yell throwing the lamp that was lying on the floor next to me at the door.
“Whoa. No need to be that frisky Urie.” Ugh. Mona.

“Didn’t you read the sign on the door? It says no sluts allowed!” I kept yelling and she just kept smirking and proceeded to take her black gloves off and throwing them on my chair. My chair!

“Must’ve missed it.” she said in her sickly sweet voice. Such a harlot.

“What are you doing here?” I demanded.

“Well I figured since you and Miss Beckett aren’t really working out I thought we could have a thing.”

“In your dreams.” I spat.

“Well don’t you want to make my dreams come true?” she purred getting closer to me and I just snarled at her showing my fangs.

“Get. Out. Now.” I growled at her and I could see fear in her eyes. That’s what I thought.

“No need to be such a dick about it Urie.” She snapped back and left the room. Thank god. Wait, what in hell is that fucking stench?

I looked around the room and my eyes fell upon the chair that was still contaminated with the whore’s gloves. I roll my eyes as I grab them and get out the door.

“Mona you forgot your gloves!” I yelled waiting for that bitch to get them. After waiting for some long seconds she finally walked over and took them out of my hands. I will need at least three bars of soap to get this stench out of my hands. Great.

“Goodbye handsome.” She replied too sweetly leaving me a kiss on my cheek. What the hell? Are you fucking kidding me? Before I could flip out on her she disappeared. So typical of her. I don’t understand why she got changed. I begged Will so many times to let me kill her but no, he had to be an asshole and keep the slut around for “entertainment.”

I shook my head trying to get her disgusting image and smell out of my head and just before I turned to go back to my room I noticed the love of my life standing there. I was about to smile until I saw her expression. Pure hurt. I didn’t understand why at first then I looked down on me and then I glanced over where the slut just disappeared off to and it dawned down on me. She thought I was with her.

“Avery nothing happened.” I tried explaining hoping that she would listen to me.

“Just as I thought something could be changed.” She responded and I couldn’t handle it anymore. How can she not see how much I care for her! How can she not see that I didn’t do anything with that harlot?!

“Avery I can explain.” I tried again but she literally pushed me away. I am actually getting accused of cheating without even being in a relationship. She does care.

“Explain what? I’m not yours. I never have been and nor will I ever be!” She started yelling at me turning this conversation into a scene and I could not do anything to stop her. She said it herself. She’s not mine. I can’t just run over to her and hold her and kiss her no matter how much I want to. No matte how strongly I am being pulled towards her.

If she feels like I’m not important what is the point of this conversation anyway?

“Then why did you come here?!” I wasn’t trying to be mean or angry, I’m simply upset because she would not give me the time of day and she can’t even forgive me for something that is not my fault. As soon as I saw her look down I felt heartbroken. “Avery I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.” Without even thinking about it I moved closer to her to try to comfort her but she pushed me away with more force that ever.

“Leave me alone. Don’t look at me, don’t think about me, and don’t talk to me. Erase me out of your life Urie.” And she was gone.

Did I really just lose her without even having a chance of having her for a second?

I stormed back into my room and continued destroying everything in sight. I was screaming my lungs out not caring who would hear me.

“What the fuck happened here?” Will asked looking around the room and I started hissing at him. “Whoa. Don’t get your panties in a twist there” he chuckled.

“This is all your fault.”

“Ah, what’s my fault this time?” he sighed sitting on the contaminated chair.

“If it wasn’t for you she would’ve been mine. You took everything from me. I let it go. But now you took her away from me. I will kill you!” I screamed launching at him ready to rip his jugular out.

He didn’t see me coming so he took the first hit. I kept punching him till he pushed me away making me crash into the wall behind me. Before I could charge at him again Will snapped his fingers and I had four vampires holding me down.

“Now, how shall I punish you for attacking your creator?”

“Death would suffice.” I hissed.

“Too easy my friend, too easy.” He smirked. “Find Avery.” He said and my eyes widened as I tried to wiggle out of the vampires’ holds but it was no use.

“What are you going to do to her?!” I screamed.

“I’m just going to lock you two up together. I feel like that’s punishment enough for you two. She hates you. You hate yourself. At least you guys have one thing in common.” He laughed and disappeared and I could feel the block that he put on the door that would prevent me from leaving.

The only words that kept going through my mind as I waited for Avery to appear is she hates you.

~Avery’s POV~


“No way!” Anna yelled with her eyes almost popping out of her sockets and I just nodded. “Yeah they actually started getting along can you believe that?”

“Fuck no! Who knew a vampire and a pussycat could actually ever get along.” Alright so I couldn’t tell her about the whole Brendon thing. I don’t want any pity. I just want to be distracted right now.

All of a sudden I felt a strong pull back to the mansion I didn’t understand it. How is this possible?

“I think something is wrong.” I looked over at Anna and she just gave me a puzzled look.

“What do you mean?” was the last thing I heard before I involuntarily reappeared in what looks like a trainwreck of a room. Brendon’s room.

I looked around trying to find that traitor. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and it was him sitting against the wall looking completely broken down. I feel my heart ache as I move closer to him. Literally ache. It’s like I’m feeling what he’s feeling.

Without even thinking about it I sat myself down in front of him. It seems like he haven’t noticed my presence yet. Not even realizing it I reached over and started running my fingers through his dark locks.

He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips kissing it softly and apologizing into it. Then he raised his eyes to look into mine and I can see that…

“I am in love with you.” He whispered pulling me closer and closer. His gaze has got me so hypnotized I could barely think, let alone move. “I never had any desires for anyone but you Avery. Everything I do is for you. I live and breathe every second of each day just to see you. I don’t care if you glare at me. As long as I get to see you.”

He cannot do this. He cannot just confess his love and expect me to forgive him.

“No.” I said almost inaudible. “Not here Brendon.” I whispered.

He looked so hurt I couldn’t stand it anymore. That’s when I gathered up all of my power and made us disappear to the remainings of my home.

“I get it! You can’t forgive me, just let me speak. Please.” He begged.

“I love you Brendon.” I said and his whole expression changed. “I’ve always loved you. I need you. I can’t live without you.”

He was too dumbfounded to say anything so I did the only sensible thing I could think of.

I put my hand on the back of his neck and started pulling myself towards him while he kept talking some nonsense apologies. When he was done babbling I just pulled his face down to my level and connected my lips with his.

Nothing could ever compare the feeling of his soft lips against mine. How his fangs occasionally graze my bottom lip trying to suppress the sounds of pleasure. At this moment I knew that he is mine and I am his. And no one can take that away from us.
♠ ♠ ♠
And we're back!

Let us know what you think!