Status: Continually ongoing

Seventeen Forever

I know it's hard without a vice

Vice, a moral depravity or corruption; a physical imperfection, deformity or taint; a blemish or defect. These are textbook definitions of the word "vice" provided by the ever-ubiquitous Merriam-Webster Dictionary. However, vices are not necessarily always as such. They are associated in our minds with negativity, and rarely do people see how a vice can be an important aspect to someone's personality. The vice itself may hinder a person's true potential, but, in the end, may add positive aspects to the same person's character. I am apathetic. She is critical. He is overprotective. I don't mind what people say about me; rumors and forged criticisms go over my head like water off of a duck's back. She sees people for who they are, instead of sugar-coating them with false realities. He is deeply concerned about everyone in his life, to the point where he is hurt if someone else is. It is unfortunate that the general population does not think this way. Is it obligatory to think of vices in such a negative way? Certainly not. Think of the implications. Take the vice with a grain of salt. She is self-deprecating. She is humble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Can't Finish What You Started by Motion City Soundtrack.