Status: I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get this story started.

Between You and I

33

It had been two months since Mattie had left. I had gone and visited him. I was now at home cleaning the house and wait for the first of next month when he'd be back. I walked out to the mailbox and got the bills out.

"Hey sis."

I turned around and saw Zlinda. I glared at her and continued my way into the house.

"Jase please, I just want to talk to you....I won't be long."She begged. I sighed and motioned for her to come inside. I put the bills on the counter and fixed her a glass of tea then I took a seat at the island across from her.

"Go on."I spoke. She looked nervous at first but it all faded.

"I want to apologize for my childish ways. It was unacceptable I knew Matt was yours from the start. I was the reason you broke up the first time because I was jealous of the love you had so I filled his head with lies. And I know that was unforgivable. I'm sorry for everything I've done that was horrible and ruined your life in any way. I just have to get that off my chest first..."She took a sip of the tea then continued.

"I came to tell you that I'm pregnant,but it's not Matt's its Justin's. And I don't want to be with him but I want to keep the baby. He doesn't know about it yet and I don't want him to ever. Ever since I got mixed up with him all he's done is compared me to you and beat me for the things I did that you wouldn't, I do not want my child being around someone like that and I don't care about him at all. I have no idea what I'm going to do Jasey he's crazy, no he's fucking insane! I don't know if I should go to the police or just leave town..."she trailed off.

I let it all register and thought it over. I would have never thought Zlinda,my baby sister, would be in my kitchen telling me the things she just said. Even though we 'hated' each other it really irked me that Justin would lay a hand on her.

"Okay first you are to stay away from that sick bastard, he won't touch you ever again, I'll handle that shit I'm friends with every cop in this town so I will make sure that fucker is locked up. Second you're going to have to get a place to stay cause I know Mom and Dad kicked you out after I left and all but my niece/nephew will not be raised on the streets. I guess I can call Matt and ask if you can stay here till you're on your feet again but no funny business,got it?!"I said sternly. Zlinda began crying and nodded before she tackled me in a hug. I would have never thought this would have ever happened.

"Thank you so much Jasey Rae I know I've been a terrible person and I really want to change."She sobbed. I awkwardly patted her on the back and showed her to the guest room.

I walked out to call Matt and explain it all to him and he said it was fine. I sat down on the fluffy couch and turned on the T.V. I flipped through the channels until I found A Walk to Remember I smiled and watched the sad movie alone until Bella came trotting in and watched it with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay they're kinda getting close...