Time Will Tell

One and done

               Time will tell.  
      
Jonathan was walking downtown Chicago. When a beautiful young lady came out from a small shop along the street. He kept walking but always kept an eye on her. He thought I have to get to know her and hoped that he would meet her some day soon.  

That day could a come sooner. As he was walking back from his car. He bumped into someone.  Little did he know that was the girl he kept dreaming and talking to Kaner about. He said sorry and asked if she was okay.  She of course said that she was fine and wasn't hurt.  As she turned around. He gasped to himself. It was the girl from the shop. She said her name was Shane and said he didn't need to tell her his name because she is a big fan of the hawks. He smiled at her. 

  As time went on Shane and Jonathan started to go out on dates. Shane slowly started to tell her story of how she got to Chicago. She came from a small town but a big family. Everybody knew everyone in this town. One unforgettable night ruined her chance at staying in her home town. Her and friend were driving home from a  party when a drunk driver was on the wrong side of road. It hit them head on. She lived and only got a broken leg and some scratches. While her friend died in the accident. It just about killed her when she heard her best friend had died.  Jonathan did know what to say so he stayed silent. After she was done. Jonathan told her about his life before pro hockey.   

Months later 

Everybody in Jonathan's team loved shane. Adam  thought she was the greatest thing that ever happened to his friend.  On the one beautiful night in Chicago, Jonathan asked Shane to marry him. Of course she said yes. All of the guys on the team where happy. Even Kane although he was happy for his friend he would miss the guys night he had with Jon.

   Many many years later Jon was telling his grandkid how they met and how it was love at first sight.