Status: nearly done

Falling For

Oddly Downhill

It was nearing the end of summer and I had just gotten my apparition go-ahead. Fred and George had gotten their's before me, the latter always appearing in my house with a sharp crack whenever he felt like it. That morning he had appeared in my kitchen.

"Mignon!" My mother's voice wavered from her study. "Your boyfriend's in the kitchen!"

"I gathered that." I mumbled, shoving some dirty clothes under the bed and apparating to join him. He grinned at me as soon as I appeared, still a little dizzy from the travelling but I felt it was well worth it. He gathered me in his arms and he sighed loudly, his eyes trailing over our simple kitchen.

"I had to get out of the house. It's like hell shoved into a four-bedroom apartment."

"Sounds horrible." I stared at my fingers that had curled up in his shirt. "I can't see your family in a house like that…" I finished and his chest burst in a short scoff.

"We've moved for the summer." He rolled his eyes. "I'm hoping we'll be back home by Christmas, but I really doubt it."

"That sucks." I breathed, tugging the cotton on his shirt between my two fingers. "On a lighter note, George, would you like to come to my bedroom so we can discuss this matter further?" Grinning softly, I stared up at him. His eyebrows quirked and he grinned as well, letting me take his hand and guide him up the stairs.


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I pushed his sweat-matted fringe off of his forehead and smiled as he rolled off, taking a glance at the ceiling before sniffing. He sat up and stretched, looking back at me with that classic Weasley smile before flopping back down beside me.

"What do you say I take you out to dinner tonight, Min?" He rolled onto his side, running his rough fingers down my chest to my navel then figure eight'ing back up. I bit my lip and looked at him, grabbing his hand and holding it between my two palms and nodding.

"I think that's a beautiful idea." I chirped, thoroughly impressed at his sudden action. We had been a tiny bit awkward after the whole Cedric encounter; him not knowing what to say if he turned up to find me crying, and me not knowing what to say when he asked if I wanted to talk about it.

"Maybe we could go see a Muggle movie or something." He put in. "Get that extra credit Burbage is always banging on about.

"That'd be brilliant." I perked up. I had been wanting to see a Muggle movie since I was a child, but since my father had always been 'busy' with work and mum just didn't like going outside, I had always stayed at home instead.

We lay there for a moment, soaking up each others curiosity with our fingertips while our breaths mingled on my pillow. Until an owl hit the window.

"Merlin!" I sat up with the blanket, darting out of bed to leave him full splay on my bed. Tying the end of the sheets together to form a horrible makeshift dress, I wrenched open the window to see a rather disheveled owl coming straight towards me. Stepping back, I watched as the owl skimmed past me and skittered along my vanity table; spilling the contents of my make-up all over my wooden floor.

"That'd be mine." George said dryly, grabbing his wand to retrieve his clothes from the floor around us. I coaxed the owl over with some jelly beans and gingerly removed the letter from its leg, tossing it to George. With his leg in one side of his pants, he gave up only to skim his eyes over the parchment.

Then his face fell and he rolled his eyes, scrunching the parchment up before setting it alight. The ash fell all over my bed-sheets and he got rid of it straight away, smiling at me and returning to pull on the other half of his pants.

"I have to go. Family business." He tugged on his shirt and kissed me on the nose, smacking my backside before claiming his jacket that had crumpled right near the door. "I will see you when I see you, you lovely woman."

"What?" I asked, following him as he picked up his shoes. "Weren't we going to go out?" He let out a sigh and swooped down to kiss me on the forehead, wrapping his long arms around my lower back and burying his face into my neck.

"I have to go. Fred just owl'd me and told me to get home because mum's in a right state about something the elf has done. I'll take you out another time, okay?"

"…" I frowned at him and folded my arms and he tsk'd before kissing me on the lips again, giving me a soft look before squeezing my bicep and disapparating out of my room. My eye twitched and I stood dumb-struck on my bedroom floor, feeling naked without the presence of my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited: 20/07/14