Status: nearly done

Falling For

Meeting a Phoenix

"Now, I know it's all a bit much at first, darling, but we're fighting a big fight here." Molly sat with her hands pressed into her lap. "And you don't have to do anything you don't want to do, okay? The only thing we must ask for is that you don't tell anyone about our little congregation here, alright?"

"That's fine." I nodded, looking at all of them. Basically what they had told me was something I had had a slight inkling for in the long run. Dad had always told me that you-know-who was going to come back and it had finally reached its peak. I must admit, the whole prospect scared me but I admired the Weasley family and the others that had filed in around the table. George had my hand on his knee, stroking it lovingly to let me know that he was there. "When do you think he'll be back?"

"We don't know." Moody grumped, making me pull a face and look at my lap.

"And he killed Cedric?" My voice wavered. "Just because he could..?"

"He needed to get him out of the way so he could kill me." Harry put in gravely and I shut my eyes.

"But you didn't die." I finished.

"I got lucky, Mignon." He looked at me and I bent my head up to catch his stare. I held those green eyes against my own before shutting them, nodding my head to shake up the information spinning around in my mind. "I can't get lucky forever. We have to fight to stop him, or else others will die too."

I let out a breath through my nose and I nodded again.

"I'll help." I straightened up. "I don't care what I have to do but I'll help. I'll never forgive myself if I stand back and watch."

"Maybe you should talk it over with your parents first," Arthur interjected "just to make sure it's okay."

"I'm 17." I told him. "They can't stop me anyway."

They looked gravely at me before Moody leant back in his chair and shrugged.

"Well, now you've met the Order of the Phoenix."
♠ ♠ ♠
edited: 21/07/14