Status: nearly done

Falling For

Disappearing Act

I had propped myself up on the carpet of the Gryffindor common room, my boyfriend's weeping hands in my own as I looked over them. One was scarred heavily from the scratch of a quill, the deep red that swam through the letters almost as dark as my lividity towards a certain teacher. I could not believe that she had caused that much pain to someone I loved dearly, let alone his brother or even the first years that had cried on their way back to bed earlier that night.

George sighed at my touch as I stared blankly at the welts that were inflicted to his hands that so often ravaged my body. I was horrified that she could hurt something that was so obviously mine. Not hers.

Chewing my lip, I looked up at his sad smile and sighed rather loudly, dropping his fingers into my lap before I leant into him; those same fingers lacing their way around my waist as I kissed his forehead quietly. And I hugged him, the heavy air confirming my suspicions that that woman could easily destroy everything I held close to me.

There was something off about her from the beginning, but I had set it down to the fact that she just didn't love anything but herself. It turns out it was more than that; she was a sadist, and had a macabre way of expressing her long locked-away teenage angst that so often exploded onto her face. Holding his head to my chest as the night shifted to morning, we found that we were the only ones there. We found the carpet under our backs as we slowly left for slumber side by side, each wondering whether the pain was real or if it was just a horrible, horrible dream.


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I hate that woman." I hissed at George as we entered the hall that morning. I was freshly changed from a quick shower a couple of minutes before, George napping in my bed while I replaced yesterdays clothes with a pair of jeans and jumper. After I had crawled back in with him we had dragged ourselves to the hall for some breakfast, hoping that it would be quiet enough for us to realise our plans for the day.

Fred was off with Angelina for an hour or two, and Lee and Alicia were somewhere else I can't remember. And once it hit midday, they all had quidditch practise while I would sit in the stands and feel good about life. Though, I suspected that today wouldn't be as bright as it usually was. I hated being gentle with George, his hands sore and bloated from the carvings the previous night has caused. I begged him to be more careful around her but he promised nothing; that mischievous Weasley smile brighter than the sun itself, though still cold and scared of the inevitable classes he would share.

"I know you do." He mumbled quietly as we both took a spot at the Hufflepuff table. It was quieter there, so we felt we could talk easier. He then smiled. "I think we should go see that Muggle movie Christmas break." He piped up, trying to lighten the mood. I had forgotten the thought entirely and the idea brightened my life.

"Can we go get lunch at a Muggle restaurant as well?" I asked cheerfully and he nudged me with his knuckles.

"Anything you want, sweetheart." He winked and helped himself to some French Toast. I kissed his shoulder and took a bowl of porridge, feeling better about the passed events so much that everything softened into a beautiful Christmas glow.


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I ran into Angelina the next day.

"Hey." I greeted brightly, her cheeks pink from the cold. "Are you going home for Christmas holidays?"

"I don't think so." She frowned quietly, scratching her cheek before yawning. I raised my brow in question. "Merlin, I'm tired. Fred left early this morning and I don't know where he's gone."

"Oh?" I questioned curiously.

"Did George say anything about leaving early?"

"No?" I bit my lip. "Have they gone?"

"I haven't seen a Weasley all morning. Haven't seen Potter either." She deadpanned, staring at me blankly while I tried to piece it all together. "Fred didn't say anything. I just felt him get out of bed."

I was too concerned about George to even get the fact that she was implying a blossom in their relationship. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I was being a terrible friend; but if it was you in that situation and your boyfriend had slipped off the Earth you would probably be the same way.

"Oh." I looked at my feet. "Would you like to get some breakfast with me?" I asked quietly, forcing a smile at the suddenly abandonment of my love. She smiled tightly.

"Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
edited: 21/07/14
(i promise the chapters get longer as the story progresses)