Status: nearly done

Falling For

Highschool Baking

And with that he was gone.

I had never a feeling like that before just race out the windows after interrupting the entire school's schedule. Standing on the balcony as they flew off into the odd Scottish hills, I felt proud of them, regardless of my fleeting heart and the tears on my lips. But I survived, because this time it was mutual.

So I finished my end of year testing and I graduated from school with decent grades. My hair grew longer and my eyes wider and my fingers still gripped a feathered quill that wrote wishful words to my love that sat above his new life in a little rickety chair that creaked whenever you sat.

He had convinced his father to teach me the way of the muggles, which left little to the imagination and much at hand. I grew more fascinated with the thought of being a teacher – studying ‘normal’ people like they were test subjects. We, as equal beings, were so different because of some genetic mutation that had spread like wild fire. A whole world of squibs, in a way.

And thus I was standing in a tiny kitchenette, combining chocolate and dough with my wand. Fred was lurking in the doorway, gripping the doorframe with his long fingers - awaiting the chance to snatch up the finished bowl. George, however, was sitting on the bench beside me, reading through my research notes.

“What’s a computer?” He asked curiously and I grinned lazily at him, flicking my wrist to shake the excess milk from the dough.

“Some sort of machine the muggles use to preserve files and write things down with. I can’t exactly see them taking off as a necessity.” I pointed my wand at him and shut my book. He grinned, leaning down to kiss my head.

“Stop being gross in the kitchen and give me the bloody mixing bowl.” Fred groaned from the doorway and I laughed, levitating the thing towards him. Snatching it out of the air, he stalked off to the small lounge room.

Fred had been a little touchy because he had broken it off with Angelina in some fit of ‘moving up in life’. It was a Fred thing to do, always dropping the things he loved to climb up that ladder. He and George were an odd pair, only ever getting hurt when alone but staying unscathed when together. And that’s exactly what had happened when he decided to break it of with Angelina without the careful consideration of the man that knew him better than he did himself.

Crisping the biscuits with my wand, I looked up at my boyfriend who grinned back down at me, hands in his lap almost innocently while he let my thoughts wander.

“If you keep looking at me like that, I will probably leave here pregnant.”

“We wouldn’t want that.” He tsk’d, slipping off the bench before wrapping his arms around my middle from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. I sighed and burnt a biscuit, earning a chuckle from him as I quickly replenished it back to its soggy, gooey state.

“That one’s yours, jerk.” I deadpanned back at him and he suddenly picked me up, twirling me round in some fit of ticklishness. I shrieked and laughed, crisping the counter top with my burning wand. He turned me around and kissed me on the nose, pulling me into him as I ditched my wand on the counter so I could twirl my fingers through his hair.

“WE HAVE SEPARATE BEDROOMS FOR A REASON!” Fred cried from the lounge room, making me laugh as I was picked up and carried towards the other side of the house. As we walked past Fred, I smirked quietly at how huffed he seemed, drifting towards the soft sheets of his brother's bedroom.

I had obviously taken Angelina’s side.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited: 22/07/14