Status: nearly done

Falling For

Bill's Spill

That night in bed, I was curled up against George – reading the wizard law book my father had sent me the Christmas prior. Our legs were twisted together, his arm lazily around my waist as his nose rested in the crook of my neck. It was cosy, being curled up like that, something of a security blanket against the thoughts that had followed me home from the Burrow. I had been trying to blank it out since we had gotten home, but it kept gnawing away at me like some ravenous beast that just would not stop. Gritting my teeth, I shifted uneasily, causing George to do the same.

“Since when do you read those books?” He yawned from my hair, obviously half asleep. I smiled at the touch of his fingerprints on my bare hips.

“Well he’s really been pushing them, hasn’t he?” I muttered back, stretching my back a little as he readjusted his arm.

“Turn the light off and sleep with me.” Hidden beneath my pale blond hair, he groaned tiredly as if I was disrupting the single most important moment of his life.

“And the ‘Most Romantic Man of the Year’ award goes to…” I mocked him, leaning over to place my book on the nightstand before dimming the light with my tired wand. Something of a throaty laugh sounded from beside me and I rolled over to face him, entwining my legs back around his, pulling him closer to feel the heat that I could have found if I had opened my window. But his body heat was much sweeter than the sticky summer air.

“Shh.” He mumbled into my forehead as I smiled tiredly into his neck. “I can’t help how amazing I am.”

“So amazing.” I told him. “In the ‘talking yourself up’ department, I mean. Can’t say the same for the foreplay floor.”

His eyes shot open and I snickered at him. He sat up a little, staring at me with a grin on his face.

“The ‘Foreplay Floor’?” He snorted at me, pushing me over onto my back so he crawl on top of me. “Are you some sort of sick analogist now?” He asked me as he delved quietly into the soft spot between my collarbone and my neck. A breath escaped my throat and I bit back a moan with my teeth almost breaking my lip.

“I figured someone had to be professional.” I pushed him off of me, making him laugh as I crawled away. He laughed at me again; grabbing my hips and sliding me back beneath him, looking down at me with wide brown eyes and finally cocked his head. His staring softened my face and I let my toes drag alone his calves. “What’s wrong?”

“What did Fleur say to you today?”

“What?” I blinked at him. “Hang on a second, you’re asking me this now?”

“Better late than ever, I suppose.” He collapsed on top of me, resting his head on my chest. I scoffed, running my fingers through his hair, feeling his breath tickle my almost bare chest. “But seriously…”

“Ah, well, she was talking about the wedding, Bill, um, Cedric, the fact that we all could die soon, um…” I thought. “That’s about it.”

“Well, she’s lovely isn’t she?” He deadpanned, tucking his fingers under my body. “Want to talk about it?”

“I know she means well, George. I just wish she wasn’t so straightforward about it.” I pushed my head back into the pillow, stroking his hair tiredly. “I mean, it’s a good thing sometimes but when she outwardly came out with like that it shocked me.”

“Mmmm.”

“Go to sleep.” I muttered back at him, looking down at his closed eyes with bleary eyes.

“I’m not sleeping.” He opened his eyes. “It looks like it, but I’m not. I’m listening, Min, keep going.”

I rolled my eyes before closing them as well, resting my breathing before speaking again.

“She wants to know what would happen to me if I got into trouble.”

“And what would happen to you?” He asked me and I closed my eyes tighter.

“I’d be dead.”

“Well that’s nice.” He cheerfully burst out and I giggled a bit, his head bobbing with my chest. “But I think she has a point.”

“I know.” I shot back. “I just didn’t take any of those defensive classes at school, so the only way I’m defending myself is reading star maps and talking about muggle culture.”

“Well I’m sure when you chose your classes you weren’t preparing for a wizarding war, then.” His brows rose and I looked down at him suddenly.

“Maybe I should start practicing stuff. I’m starting to regret not turning up to those secret meetings your friends held.”

“Yes, you basically dropped out.” He snorted at me; his voice soft on the edge of slumber “Didn’t even get to write your name down. It’s like you were avoiding it.”

“Wasn’t really a fan of Potter.” I yawned, flexing my back again. “Hey listen, I’ll go check something out tomorrow after work. No use in worrying about it now, right?”

“Right.” He smiled. “I’m hungry.”

“Well that’s nice.” I grinned at him, giving his hair one last brush with my fingers. “I’ll make you breakfast tomorrow morning before work, then.”

“Lovely. Goodnight, Min.”

“Night George.”




Sitting at the table at about 8am, I was kicking back in an old shirt of George’s and my underwear, sipping on a cup of tea while some pots and pans scrubbed themselves in the sink. The boys had finished breakfast in record time, leaving me to go work out something in the staffroom downstairs. I had another two hours before I had to be at work, having woken up to an owl from Mr Weasley about a meeting at ten about something important. So, taking advantage of my small break, I relaxed into the rickety chair that had come with the apartment.

My break was not all it stacked up to be, because a CRACK caused me to sit forward suddenly, emptying the contents of my mouth onto the soft white table. Bill Weasley was standing in our living room, carrying a stack of books and staring at me with a blank face.

“Well that looked fun.” His face finally broke into the Weasley grin. “Where are the twins? Still in bed I presume.” He watched as I jumped up, quickly cleaning up the mess on the table, leaning over it and soaking my shirt in nice, lukewarm tea. I groaned in annoyance, looking up at him after wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

“Downstairs, actually. They were up early planning something in the office. You’re welcome to go down and see them, just remember to knock first or else you’ll get zapped by the doorknob.” I cleaned off the shirt with my wand while he watched me blankly.

“Ah, no, I’m here for you.” He gestured to the books. “Fleur wanted me to bring these around.” He placed them gingerly on the table, away from my spatter of tea. I cocked my head at him, pursing my lips for a moment before frowning.

“What are they?”

“They’re her old defense books. They’re in English, don’t worry.” He patted them. “She doesn’t need them, so take your time.” He smiled. “So there you go, I’m going to go see the twins. Good luck with your mess.”

“Bye Bill.” I watched him swirl out of the room and down the stairs, leaving me to stand awkwardly at the table. The stack of books looked looming and awful, but after a while in thought I realised, as a smile crawled onto my face, that Fleur wasn’t so ‘useless’ anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
i now have a tumblr for this story (and my account etc)!
here!
basically it's there so you can get actual updates rather than mibba's system, because we all know it's being horrible as of late. so i'll be posting links to updates, pictures, and music that go along with the story. what's it gonna hurt if you follow ;)

oh and 5 points if you can guess my country of origin :)