Status: nearly done

Falling For

Partnership Press

Bella was an irritating fifth year who fought for the attention of Cedric Diggory. With her sleek brown hair and emotionless eyes, Bella was able to charm everyone else but him. Seeing as he had his eye on the Chang girl, she has no hope in hell towards catching his eye. When he asked for my assistance during dance practise at the announcement of the Yule ball, she was almost successful in her task of glaring a hole through my head.

His face was still a little pink from his healed burns, Cedric had taken my hand and waist and led me around the room; a Hufflepuff's ability to practise dancing much more evolved than that of any other house. And thus, we all swirled in our school robes around an empty room, avoiding other sets of feet and laughing at our innocent mistakes.

"Who are you going to take to the ball, Mignon?" He asked quietly in good-nature, his hand on my side rather wet from the nervous sweat. To be honest, we all know who I was thinking about from the moment Professor Sprout mentioned the ball, but being the bashful girl I was I was going to wait for him to mention it.

"I have no idea…" I lied. "Maybe myself. I don't know." Smiling, I looked up at him as we moved to the right. "And you're off with Cho, I believe?"

"I still have to ask her first." He blushed softly and I grinned.

"That's very good then." With a burst of brilliant smiles, we continued to waltz around the room, practising lifts and preparing for falls; giggling at inappropriate dancing and timid forth years. "Hogwarts champion." I winked and he let out a very content grin.

"Along with Harry."

"Well of course." Slyly smiling at him, I readjusted my grip in his and sighed. "Figured out your egg yet?"

"Nope." He deadpanned, a little disappointed with his empty bag of ideas. "I've tried everything."

I thought about it quietly, taking the two quick skips necessary to keep in time with the music. This is a proud moment in my memories to be honest with you - I know I helped him out with this. "Have you tried to boil it?" I asked curiously.

"Why would I boil it?"

"Well, considering it's an egg…" Trailing off, I finished with a smart look and his brow creased together in a sudden realisation.

"… Of course."

We both grinned at each other and he lifted me - our natural eye-contact reminding us that everything was going okay.


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"You're going to the ball with me, right Min?" George asked me one day as I brushed passed him on my way to charms. He stopped me in my tracks, grabbing my shoulder and dragging his palm down my arm as we pulled each other into a mutual gravitation.

"… Pardon?" I played dumb, reaching to touch the hand that grabbed me. He snapped at mine first, our fingers entwining in a strange kind of friendship that made my fingerprints tingle with happy fizzes. Fred and Angelina were waiting up ahead along with that ruffian boy in my potions class, probably watching us with stupid grins that thought we were cute`.

"You're going to be my date to the ball." He said cockily and I leant back with a very questioning look on my face.

"That's too bad," I replied wickedly, giving him a very guileful grin. "Someone's already asked me." His brows rose and shot me a very breathless look.

"You shouldn't lie to me like that." He sighed, leaning forward to tap me on the nose before I swatted his hand away. "We'll talk about it more in class, right?"

"But I already have a date!" I frowned deeply in his and he rolled his eyes.

"What's his name, then?" Mockingly, he folded his arms and I was struck for words, staggering out with sounds before ended finally with an;

"… George Weasley, I guess."

He beamed at me in triumph.

"I can't wait for Muggle Studies." He winked as he started to back away. "I'll see you then, date!"

I stood and watched him turn to catch up to his brother and friends, blushing and fiddling with my skirt hem while I cooked up romanticised ideas and lustful goals; filling my body with a rush of something warm and light. He had me wrapped around his long, quidditch fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited:16/07/14