Status: nearly done

Falling For

Yule Tides

Pushing my hips down, I smoothed the silk of the dress before stepping out into the hallway. The rush of brilliant murmurs from my friends made me brighten, my top lip slipping between my teeth and my eyes squinting down at them - silently begging for some kind of compliments.

"So all my work paid off?" I asked, turning around - basking in the glory of a job well done. Gwen nodded and grinned, Markus giving me a few quick claps to stroke my ego.

"You could be a proper seamstress, Mignon." He complimented and I blushed with pride.

"I'm glad you all like it." Gushing, I adjusted my toes in my heels and joined the pack of Hufflepuffs as we glided through the halls. My dress was nowhere near as frilly or intricate as Gwen's or Florence's, but I really did feel beautiful in it. The idea of putting so much effort into something finally paying off is probably up there with 'first love' and 'third orgasm in a row' on the intensity scale.

Cedric was stalking quietly alongside us, quick-footing his steps to keep a nice pace. I struggled to keep beside him as I was rather interested in his lack of date.

"Where's Cho, Cedric?" I finally asked, flushing under the thin layer of makeup I had applied for the night.

"I have to go pick her up." He smiled tiredly, his hands behind his back as if he would have fancied a stroll. He was in a sharp suit like the rest of the boys, his light brown hair combed back out of his face unlike it usually would be.

"That's nice." I grinned. "Are you official yet?" I continued to pester him and he blushed a royal red.

"No, not yet." He sighed. "But I will ask her tonight." He added, his lips parting to show his brilliant teeth. I brightened again, the smell of the kitchen fading from our senses. "And what about you and Weasley?"

"We're brilliant." I looked at the ground and smiled. "I'm very excited for tonight."

"Aren't we all?" He smiled that champion smile and then looked up, perking instantly at the pretty Chinese girl that stood at the bottom of the staircase. He grinned back down at me, bid me a good-bye and fluttered off towards his date. I felt happy for Cedric; he always did deserve the best.

"Min!"

The voice of Alicia made me stop, avoiding Gwen who nearly barrelled me over with her pastel pink puff of a dress. The Hufflepuffs nearly stopped, but as they saw who had called me they continued, saying goodbye and continuing towards the hall.

I started off towards the group of Gryffindors, greeted with a heavy arm around my shoulder and a kiss on the top of my head.

"Don't you look lovely, Min." Fred complimented me with a cheeky smile, Angelina under his arm like a lost puppy. "Not as good as Angelina though, sorry." He continued with a wink, gaining a blush from the girl below his arm. She then smiled at me enthusiastically, giving me a thumbs-up while Alicia and Lee made some sort of sarcastic retort.

My boyfriend pulled me closer with one arm when we started walking, bending to bury his face in my hair before sweetly whispering into my ear.

"You do look very, very beautiful." His breath on my neck made me goose-pimple, my teeth lightly clamping on my bottom lip. He kissed a bare spot on my shoulder and I grabbed his hand (on my left shoulder) to let him know it was a bad idea. A public reaction from me was not necessary; our antics were best kept behind closed doors.

"Thank you, sweetheart. You look rather ravishing too." I then pointed out and he snorted, breaking away from me to twirl.

"Thank you." He gushed over-dramatically, causing his brother and friends to turn. They burst out laughing as he fawned over himself, pouting and making posing prettily for me. I winked and laughed, taking his tie and tugging him into walk again. "I made these robes myself." He continued on after I had let go of him. He adjusted it with a grin, making me roll my eyes but smile all the same.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I spent hours on end making this damn thing," he licked his lips in thought, "and I finished it, regardless of the fact that my girlfriend didn't stop bothering me the entire time."

"Oh wow, she must be a real pain in the bum." I sighed sarcastically and he mumbled a laugh, pulling me back into him as we finally reached the doors of the hall. He took my hand, leading me into the beautifully decorated hall with his soothing hold. I was easily pleased with the fact that he offered me a drink, leaving me to adjust my dress while I scoped out the scene.

Tonnes of Beauxbaton girls had 'dressed up' for the occasion, their veela breath mingling with that of the red-clad Durmstang boys that fawned over their every word. The Hogwarts students were shoved in the middle, taking everything as it came as the ball had not officially started yet.

"You see my brother over there?" George returned with my drink and I sipped it eagerly, following his line of point before sputtering like a loon. "Yes. Ronald." He grinned and continued. The younger red-headed boy had found the misfortune of old, daggy dress robes; maroon with frills and horrible musty dust patches. Some of the lace seemed to have been hacked off. "You're lucky I don't look like that."

"Oh, but I think it's kind of sweet." I let out a disconcerted noise. "... We might have to break up, George... I think I love your brother."

He snorted and pulled me towards him, my head suddenly cradled by his chest; leaving me the only option of wrapping my arms around him and letting out a sigh. The throb of hope that I felt when I was with that boy drowned out the blow of physicality; something stronger than a little fling or a stand. I really did like George Weasley, irrespective of the aspect of our relationship at that time.
♠ ♠ ♠
next one is sexually explicit. read with caution.

edited: 16/07/14