Teenage Dream

Teenage Dream

So I was awoken by the car door slamming shut.

Justin groaned and came over and buried his face in my shoulder.

I laughed still not quite awake.

“I love you too,” I said sarcastically.

He mumbled something but I couldn’t understand with his face in my scarf.

“Sorry what was that?” I asked.

He tilted his face up and his eyes were closed, “I’m tired and you smell good.”

He really was tired. We had managed to get only 3 hours of sleep last night and you could see the dark circles under Justin’s eyes that had attempted to be covered up.

I wrapped my arms around him his head managed to lay on my chest as I reclined our seats.

He sighed, “I love you!” he said happily, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I ignored the butterflies in my stomach from his touch and just laughed.

Almost in the blink of an eye Justin was fast asleep.

I smiled. The feeling of his head right under my chin made me feel loved.

Knowing Justin, he was listening to my heart beat in his sleep.

I felt him breath in my arms and my body warmed from the inside out. In all my comfort I fell back asleep as well.

I safely drifted off into my dreamland of oceans and beaches and big shining light lighthouses.

Justin was there and we played on the beach like we did when we were little; before he got famous.

In some ways I missed the old days; but the new ones made him so happy so how could I not be so happy?

I miss it when we were more care free and worried about the normal things like who was dating who, when a project was due, and how much he hurt himself when he fell off his skateboard. Now we worry about things like when is the photo shoot, we have a concert that night, and oh the VMA’s are that night.

But in a way, it was all a lot more fun. I mean I get out of school, I get to be with my best friend 24/7, and I get to meet famous people!

And what makes it all worthwhile is seeing his face light up when he gets on that stage and gazes out on an arena full of devoted fans. His eyes light up, his energy is restored, and the world seems to move in slow motion as I watch him sing and dance his way into pure happiness.

I stand on the sidelines and watch my best friend in the entire world live his dream. And just being able to be with him, along for the ride, is enough of a dream to make me feel more than happy.

My dreaming ended when I was awoken by Justin waking up.

We were at the arena and Justin needed to go and get ready for the show.

“Ok, ok,” he started sitting up. His head left my chest much to my disappointment.

“We are up,” he said rubbing his eyes.

He looked down at me and smiled.

“Good morning,” he said sweetly.

I laughed, “It’s more like evening now.”

He laughed too, “I know.”

And we climbed out of the car and walked into the building avoiding the screaming fans and going to Justin’s dressing room.

I sat back and relaxed as Justin went and got changed and then I followed as we went to the sound check and rehearsal.

I sat in the front row watching Justin dance and practice and mess around like the child he is.

I sat there and laughed as he pulled jokes and messed around. I threw my head back and laughed and looked back up to see him smiling down at me.

He winked.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

He went back to dancing and rehearsing.

It was little moments like those that made me wonder.

They made me wonder if there was hope for me and my feelings for him.

There was no denying it. I’m almost totally in love with the boy and no one knew except me because I’m just that awesome at hiding what I really feel.

After rehearsal and after we had gone backstage again, I stood and followed the group of performers as they made their way out onto the stage for the actual show. I couldn’t even really hear myself think with the screaming fans out in the arena.

“Good luck,” I told him before he had to walk out onto the stage.

“Thanks,” he said and he turned to walk out but, he changed his mind, came back to me, and placed a kiss on my cheek.

He smiled before running out and saying into his microphone, “Hello Los Angeles!”

I, on the other hand, stood there; pondering about what had just occurred.

I glanced down at my shoes then back up and turned on my heel to head back to the dressing room.

Was that kiss just a ‘thank you best friend’ kiss or an ‘I really like you, thanks’ kiss?

I opened the door to the dressing room and shut it behind me.

I then proceeded to flop down on a couch and fall fast asleep.

The dream I had was definitely bizarre. Justin, of course, was in it and we were in a tour bus. One minute we were in Wisconsin the next we were in, like, South Carolina or something.

But the weird thing was the whole back of the bus was Justin’s wardrobe and we played hide and seek in there. The dream somehow ended up with me being kissed by him.

The next thing I know I’m feeling myself being lifted from the ground like gravity magically stopped working.

I was too tired to open my eyes and whatever was happening covered my right side of my body with warmth.

Then I felt something soft underneath me and something wrapped around my waist.
Soon I drifted back into unconsciousness and sleep overwhelmed me; leaving me in nothing but darkness for a hard earned rest.

What felt like two minutes later but was actually hours later, I began to break free from my sleep because something (or someone) beside me was moving.

I rolled over and came face to face with a sleeping Justin.

I smiled and yawned; then decided to snuggle in closer to him just for the heck of it.

I heard him chuckle.

“Good morning,” he said in a raspy voice.

I giggled but didn’t look up at him.

“Good morning to you too,” I said, the end of my sentence being extended by a yawn.

I buried my face in his chest which smelled amazing; the scent of cologne, laundry soap, and Justin’s own special smell filled my nose and lungs.

“Has it ever occurred to anyone how absolutely amazing you smell?” I asked.

He laughed, “No I don’t think so.”

“Well, it should; because it’s true,” I wiggled my face against his warm chest and kept breathing him in.

He laughed, “Well thanks.”

I just smiled and stayed still enjoying the moment.

“You, make me, feel like I’m living a, teenage dream,” he began to sing out of the blue, “The way you turn me on, I can’t sleep, let’s run away and don’t ever look back, don’t ever look back.”

I smiled listening to his voice.

“My heart stops, when you look at me, just one touch, now baby I believe, this is real, so take a chance, and don’t ever look back don’t ever look back.”

“Imma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans, I’ll be your teenage dream tonight,” I sang too, “Let you put your hands on me, in my skin tight jeans, Imma be your teenage dream tonight.”

He chuckled, “Your voice gives me goose-bumps.”

I laughed, “You sure it wasn’t just the thought of me letting you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans?”

“Ha, yeah, I’m sure it wasn’t that,” he kept his hands wrapped around me.

It got silent for a while, well, except for Justin’s heart beat in my ear.

Right there, on that bed in the tour bus, lying with Justin, made me realize, I really am in love with him. Head over heels, don’t bother going after me, I’ll run away if he told me to, in love.
I looked up at his face and he looked back down at me with his soft brown eyes, “I think I’m in love with you.”

I hadn’t realized what I said until it was too late.

He stared at me and fear rushed through my veins.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that,” I looked away and tried to move away.

“No, no, no, no!” he said pulling me back into him.

“What?” I asked. I was tearing up because thought I had ruined everything.

“I’m in love with you too,” he smiled.

I stared at him unable to comprehend what he said.

He laughed.

“Wait,” I spoke up, “Are you sure you’re in love with me and you don’t just love me?”

“Ha, love me,” he laughed at his own lyric moment, “But yes I’m positive I am in love with you.”

I began to smile.

He smiled too and kissed me.

My arms wrapped around him again and if it was possible, Justin pulled me in closer. Our lips fit together like missing puzzle pieces.

“I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece, I’m complete.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? :)