New Life, Major Complications

Chapter 4

“How much did mom explain to you?” I questioned my brother after he admitted he knew I was pregnant.

“Not much, just that you’re about 8 weeks along,” Zacky responded.

“Yeah, I just found out a few days before all this madness happened,” I whispered.

“Where’s the father?” Zacky asked.

“He’s out of the picture,” I said harshly.

“Woah, ok,” Zacky said holding up his hands. “I didn’t mean any offense.”

“Sorry, I just don’t want him near this child,” I said wrapping my hands around my tummy.

“Ok, then he won’t get near you or the child,” Zacky said. “The guys are very protective if you haven’t noticed. They won’t let anything happen to you and neither will I.”

“Thanks bro,” I said smiling a little.

“Anytime sis,” Zacky said reaching over to give me a hug. “You know the girls are going to have a blast with this.”

“What do you mean?”

“Buying all the baby stuff and helping you set up a nursery. They will love it.”

“I will get a job as soon as possible and pay for everything. I would love the help picking out everything.”

“The girls won’t allow you to get away with that. Plus the guys are going to want to spoil the child, so best learn to just let them.”

“I can take care of myself and my child Zacky.”

“I am aware, but I’m telling you they won’t take no for an answer. Nor will I, for that matter. I can imagine Val will want to take you shopping the moment she hears about this. She will probably call Leana and Michelle to come along too. You girls are going to be spending hours and hours at the malls in the near future.”

“Zacky, I’m not one for spending hours at a shopping place. Plus I will never have that much money to spend.”

“Do you realize who we are Ali?”

“What do you mean? You’re my brother.”

“Does the name Zacky Vengeance ring any bells?”

“The left handed guitarist from Avenged Sevenfold? What’s he have to do with anything?”

“I am Zacky Vengeance. The other guys make up the rest of the band.”

Ali felt her face flame up as she looked back towards the pool with the deathbat painted on the bottom. She shook her head not believing that she didn’t put everything together sooner. Thinking back to the conversations she had on the way over embarrassed her even further.

“Oh my god,” Ali whispered and placed her hands over her red face. “I can’t believe I missed that.”

“Don’t worry about it sis,” Zacky said with a little laugh. “I’m sure the guys won’t tease you about it for too long.”

“This is going to be great,” Ali said looking over at her brother. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“Well we had fun with you not knowing yet liking the band,” Zacky said. “It’s rare we meet someone who is a fan but has no idea who we are.”

“Glad I amuse you guys,” Ali said laughing a little.

“Come on, let’s go inside. Val is getting dinner ready.”

Ali stood up and followed her brother inside knowing that everything was somehow going to be ok. Life was turning around for her and she knew these people were going to be there beside her through it all. They were family and Ali had been graciously accepted in. She couldn’t be happier.