Status: Adding more chapters soon.

Home

Cinq.

Jimmy watched intently as Kendra opened the box. Upon seeing the content, he noted, her eyes lit up.
She cradled in her hands a snow globe containing a scene from the movie Frosty the Snowman, complete with a little Frosty figurine.
Kendra smiled, and her eyes stung.
“I talked to your Dad about the things you liked,” Jimmy explained. “He said you had an enormous snow globe collection back at your old house. I decided then that I would find you a snow globe both to help you heal and to, well, keep a part of your home with you here in Denver.”
Kendra gave him a watery smile and, carefully placing the fragile glass globe on the coffee table, wrapped her arms around his neck. Jimmy hesitated for a mere moment before hugging her back tightly. Here was the stepsibling who had locked herself in her bedroom for months and battled it out with his mother, hugging him, thanking him for everything he had done for her over the past weeks.
He whispered softly to her, “Merry Christmas, Kendra.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Fifth and final chapter.
If you made it this far in the story, congratulations on sitting through such boring material!
Either way, I hope you enjoyed this story. I think it's a bit rushed, but other than that it has a different perspective than romance---family.
Thank you so much for reading my story, I truly appreciate it. It means so much to me.

- Lucy Anathema.