Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Eleven

It's now August 13th. My senior year started on the 6th. Jamey and I have been at odds for the last couple of days. She's changed more than ever now. Dad is still on the Family Values tour. Slipknot is suppose to start writing new material in October which I'm really excited about. They'll probably be in LA so I know by the time Christmas rolls around I'll get to go out there for break.

I'm sitting in my English class right now. It's finally 4th period, but then after school I have to go to work..bleh.

My phone vibrated in my purse. I looked at it and I had a text message from Jamey.

Are you coming out with me tonight?

No. I have to work remember..

A minute later I got one back saying sucks to be you. I rolled my eyes at that one. All she's doing tonight is getting drunk and high then fucking Kameron or Alan. It's been both here lately. I won't even have anything to do with Alan after the whole Jamey coke thing.

"Ms. Jansen, please pay attention." Mrs. Hodges said.

"Sorry." I replied. I didn't like her all that much.

After school I got into my car and drove down to Subway.

It was so busy tonight that I didn't really have time to think about anything like I usually do. I got home around 11 that night.

"Hadley, Jamey called the house a few minutes ago because your cell was off or something. You need to go get her. She sounded so messed up." Mom said.

"Ugh, okay." I put my shoes back on and then drove to Alan's.

"Jamey, get your drunken ass into my car now." I said pulling on her arm.

She laughed, "No."

"Jamey."

"You're not my mother. Get your fucking hands off of me." She yanked her arm out of my grasp.

"FINE!" I yelled, "I've had enough of your bullshit Jamey."

"I don't see why you're being a bitch. You party as much as I do."

"Not anymore. Oh and I also don't snort coke."

"Whatever."

I threw my hands up frustrated with her.

"You know what? Call me when you come back to reality. Life isn't about partying all the time and fucking nameless guys. I'm graduating this year and going to beauty school to make a name for myself. You'll still be here getting drunk, high, and fucking Kameron or Alan."

She stood there shocked as I stalked off to my car and then drove home.

"Where is Jamey?" Mom asked. She was still sitting on the couch.

"At Alan's." I said simply.

"You left her there? Hadley."

"Mom, she was being a total bitch. I mean, yeah, she's suppose to be my best friend, but she's changed for the worst and I don't know what to do." I said and cried. My mom pulled me into her arms and I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning when my mom poked me.

"It's almost 6." I nodded and started getting ready for school.

I was sitting in Economics when Jamey walked in right after the late bell rang. Her face looked washed out and she looked skinnier than usual. She sat down in the desk next to mine.

"Jamey, I'm sorry." I said.

She shrugged, "It's alright. I'm trying to stop."

I nodded excepting her answer.