Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fifteen

"Hadley, get up. You need to go to school." Mom said as she shook me awake.

"Ugh.." I groaned. "Why can't I just quit?"

"Hadley Marie, get your ass up now. Jamey would not like you being this way."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine."

Mom left my room and I got up to take a shower. An hour later I was ready for school and out the door.

Dad and the guys left a couple of days ago. It's been eerily quiet at my house. I hate it. Jason has hung out with me a lot since Jamey's funeral. We're not dating, but we do like each other.

I got ready for school and then left. I stopped by a gas station and got me a French Vanilla Cappuccino. Then I went to school.

"Welcome back Ms. Jansen," Mrs. Sanchez said as I walked into Spanish. I handed her my note and sat down in my seat. I looked over at Jamey's empty seat and then swallowed a lump in my throat. This was going to be rough.

Most people left me alone in that class. I had lunch next so I was excited about seeing Jason.

"Hey." I said as he hugged me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked.

I smiled, "Better."

"Good."

We walked on up to the lunch room. There were four cops standing in the middle of the lunch room.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked. Jason shrugged his shoulders.

One of the cops went over to Alan and put handcuffs on him while another one got Kameron.

I raised an eyebrow.

They left the lunch room and everyone started talking about it. I walked over to the pizza line and stood by Ally, one of the girls in my fourth period.

"Hey, why did they arrest Kameron and Alan?" I asked her.

"Oh hey Hadley. We missed you." She replied, "Um, rumor has it, they had drugs and other shit on campus."

"Wow..and I really hate those guys. They gave Jamey the drugs that killed her.." I said.

"I didn't know that. Everyone was saying she just..I don't know." Ally replied.

I shook my head no, "She went into Cardiac Arrest because of all the drugs."

"Oh.."

I got my food and then paid for it. I walked back over to the table and sat next to Jason.

"So what are you doing today?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Do you want to hang out?"

"I'd like that."

Later on that day, Jason and I were on the couch at his house.

"So, are you going to the Winter Ball in February?" He asked.

"I don't know. I doubt it."

"Aw, why not?"

"I don't have a date and it's just weird not having Jamey here.."

"Oh, same with me, um, do you wanna go with me?"

"Jason, thats like three months away.."

"So?"

I laughed, "Okay. I'll go with you.."

"Yes!" He said excitedly, "I mean, yeah okay."

"Let's just get through the rest of this semester though, okay?" I asked.

He nodded and then leaned over and kissed me.