Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Seventeen

My mom called about an hour after everyone had woken up and told me to come home.

"Ugh..I gotta go Abbi. My mom wants me home and she told me to bring Reese with me.." I said.

"Okay. I'll walk you two outside." She replied.

Before I pulled out of the driveway, Abbi kissed me again..in front of Reese. That was awkward.

"So, are you like lesbian or something now?" She asked disgusted.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I'm bisexual."

"Gross."

"It's not gross." I said pulling into my driveway.

She scoffed, "I'm telling your mom."

I looked at her in surprise, "Why would you do that? I thought you were my friend."

"Whatever." She ran into my house before I could stop her.

"Piper, I think you should know that Hadley is bisexual. She made out with Abbi.." I heard Reese say as I walked into the living room. My mom, Johnny, Jason, and a couple of other people were there. I have no idea why Jason was there

"What?" Mom asked, "Hadley?"

"Yeah, mom. I'm fucking bisexual. What are you going to do about?.." I replied and ran up to my room. I slammed the door and started crying. A few minutes later someone knocked on my door.Then it opened.

"Hadley.." Mom trailed off. I looked up and Jason and Johnny had followed her.

"Mom, I'm sorry, this is just how I am. I hope you'll still love me."

"Oh hon, of course I still love you. You're my daughter. It just shocked me..thats all." She replied. I smiled through my tears.

"Jason, I'm sorry."

"Its okay. I'm sorry too.but I've gotta go. I'll call you tonight and we'll talk things over." He said hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Okay..bye.." He walked out of my room.

"Hadley, do you know that you being bisexual is wrong and also disgusting?"

I rolled my eyes, "Johnny, do you know that I do know it's "wrong and disgusting", but I don't care."

He sighed.

"Hadley, um, Johnny has told me about these camps..they can turn you back straight."

I started laughing my ass off as soon as that sentence came out of my mother's mouth.

"Me being bi is not a disease. You can't "turn" me back straight. Johnny, you're turning my mom into a religious nutter. I'm glad I'm going to live with Dad.."

"Hadley, you aren't going." Johnny said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because your mom and I are engaged. I'm pretty much the man of this house now, and I say you can't go. You will go to this camp. You can finish out your senior year there."

I choked on my own spit.

"ENGAGED? WHAT THE FUCK?!!!" I screamed.

"Get the hell out of my room. NOW!!"

They silently obeyed me. I heard them arguing all the way back down to the living room.

I picked up my phone and dialed Dad's number. I got his voice mail so I figured he was working on music or something.

"Dad, I need you call me back ASAP. Can you get me an early plane ticket? I'm coming out there earlier than expected. Love you."

Then I hung up and started packing my clothes. I had pretty much everything I was taking with me shoved into about four or five bags.

I was almost done when Jason called me. We talked about our relationship...non existing relationship anyway. I told him about mom and Johnny and then about me leaving early. I was going to talk to mom about my transfer papers for school tomorrow.

"Hello?" I asked answering my phone. I had just gotten off the phone with Jason about five minutes before, but this time it was Dad calling me back.

"Hadley? I got your voice mail. What happened?"

"Stupid fucking whore Reese. Okay, so you remember me telling you that I thought the new girl was cute?"

"Yeah.."

"Well, her and I are friends now and I stayed at her house last night. Reese and her other friend Liza were there. Dylan, Reese's brother is dating Abbi's sister. Anyway, after Reese and Liza went to sleep, me and Abbi made out. It wasn't weird or anything. Well, before I left this morning, Reese saw Abbi kiss me and freaked out. She told mom and now Johnny and her are supposedly sending me to some stupid "turning" camp...whatever."

"I've got you a plane ticket already. It leaves on the 18th at 8 am."

"Mkay, I've got everything packed. I just need mom to get my transfer crap from school."

"Okay. Um, we don't officially start recording until January. So if you want, you can go to school out here in LA and then if we're done before school lets out then we'll stay until you graduate."

"Okay, sounds good."

"Okay. I'll call your mom tomorrow and talk to her about everything."

"K. I love you dad. Bye."

"Love you too."

I shut my phone and put it on charge then I went to bed.