Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Eighteen

The next morning when I woke up there was a note next to my phone.

My mom wrote that everything was straightened out at school and that she had the papers I would need to start school in LA.

She also said she was sorry. I smiled at that one. I knew she was sorry. I was also.

I got dressed and then went downstairs.

"Jason? Hey.." I said. He was sitting on my couch.

"Hey...your mom told me you were leaving on Tuesday instead of Friday.." He replied.

"Yeah, it has to do with everything that went down last night." I replied.

He looked down, "We aren't ever going to be anything, are we?"

"No, I'm sorry Jason. I wish all of this could be different, but it can't be.."

"I know. Its okay."

I sighed, "I'm not going to school tomorrow because I've already withdrawn.."

"Okay. Come here." He said.

He pulled me into a hug and then kissed me.

"What about that girl?" He asked.

"I like her Jason, but not as much as I like you."

He laughed, "Really now?"

"Yeah, really." I took his hand into mine.

"Come with me." I said pulling him upstairs to my room.

"Wow, everything is pretty much gone."He said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss it here, but at least I get to hang with my dad and his band. I really don't get to see him that much." I replied.

He smiled at me.

"I miss Jamey too,sometimes I'll be singing a song that we both liked and I'll cry..thats normal..right?"

"Of course it is Hadley. She was your best friend."

"Yeah.."

He leaned over and kissed me. We started making out and then one thing led to another. I think you can figure that we had hot mind blowing sex. Seriously, he's definitely better than Alan..by like a bazillion.

Anyway, when I finally woke up from my nap it was almost 5 in the afternoon. Jason was still lying beside me with his arm slung over my stomach. I kissed his cheek to wake him up.

"Jason,wake up. My mom will be home soon." I said.

"Ugh..okay, I'm up." He replied.

We got out of bed and then got dressed. I heard my mom walk in the house about five minutes later.

"I told you she would be home soon."

He laughed, "Good call."

"Yeah.."

"I need to go anyway..I'll miss you Hadley. Call me when you get to California, even if we're on different time zones."

"Okay, I will.."

I followed him downstairs. Mom and Johnny were sitting on the couch.

"Has he been here this whole time?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, he's leaving though." I replied.

I hugged Jason and then kissed him.

"Bye, I'll come back to visit." I said.

"Okay, bye." He replied. I watched him walk out to his car and then drive off.

My mom looked at me funny.

"Did you have sex with him?" She asked.

"No, why do you think that?"

"Never mind. Just go upstairs and finish packing." She replied.

"Okay."

"I can't believe you're still letting her go after what happened. She's not abiding by the Bible." Johnny said.

"News flash Johnny, I don't particularly believe in God. My dad isn't really into that and my mom has only gotten into it because you two are engaged. Oh and I don't like anyone in your family anymore. Reese is backstabbing whore. Now I will go finish packing." I said and turned on my heel. Johnny was sitting there with his mouth agape. He probably couldn't believe that I had just told him off.