Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Nineteen

Aiden's The Last Sunrise blared out of my phone. It jolted me awake and I looked at the clock. It was 5:10 in the freaking morning.

"Ugh.."I grumbled, "This sucks major ass."

I walked into my bathroom and then took a shower. When I got out I wrapped a towel around me and then one around my hair. I walked back into my room and slipped on underwear and bra before I tracked down my jeans. I pulled them on and then put on a tank top before slipping on my Paramore shirt.

I did my hair and make-up then went downstairs for a pop-tart and Mt. Dew.

"Mommmmiieee," I whined.

She rolled her eyes, "What?"

"I'm tired."

She laughed, "So am I."

"Go get your things and we'll drive to the airport."

I nodded and then went upstairs to get all of my shit.

We put all of it into the car and then we were on our way to the airport.

"Are you sure you packed everything you'll need?" Mom asked as I walked to the gate. They had just called my flight out to LAX.

"Yes, mom. I have my clothes and junk. Anything else can be shipped to us or Grandma. I love you and I'll call you when I get there."

"Okay. Love you too."

I hugged her and then readjusted my carry on bag. I slowly made my way to the lady checking the boarding passes. Then I walked onto the plane. It was in First Class. What can I say, my dad is fucking awesome.

I got a window seat and then some guy sat down next to me. There were two guys behind us and two across the isle.

"Haha, Pete, you get stuck by the little girl." One of the guys behind me said. I turned around and glared.

"I'm Pete by the way."

I turned back around to see Pete Wentz sitting next to me. I noticed that it was Joe who called me a little girl and Patrick was sitting with him. Andy and Dirty were across the isle.

"Hadley." I replied, "And I'm not a little girl Joseph. I'm 17 years old."

"So? You're fucking short." He replied. I rolled my eyes.

"You can blame that one on my dad. He's only about 5'3...something like that." I said.

"So why are you heading to LA?" Pete asked.

"My dad is writing and recording with his band out there and I just needed to get away from my fucked up family." I replied.

"Really? Who is your dad?" Patrick asked.

"Joey Jordison." I simply replied.

"No way! Are you serious?" Pete asked.

"Yeah, seriously."

"I don't believe you." Dirty said.

I laughed and flipped open my cell phone to go through my pictures. I handed Pete my phone and then he showed Dirty.

"Thats really cool." He said.

"Yeah, it is..I can basically get away with anything."

"I imagine so." Andy said.

I finally got tired of talking to Fall Out Boy and started listening to my MP3 player. I loved that thing.

The next thing I know Pete was shaking me awake.

"We're landing in a minute." He said. I nodded and then sat up.

"I'm so ready to get off of this damn airplane." I said.

All of the boys agreed with me. Yes, I say boys because they are..haha.

As soon as everyone got off and into the baggage claim area, the guys were basically mobbed. I got my three bags and sat them down.

"Hey, can I get your number?" Patrick asked. I nodded, but wondered why he would want it. I'm not really into boys like Patrick.

I grabbed his phone and put my number into it and he did the same with mine.

"My number is under Hads." I said,

"Okay, I'll call sometime and you can come hang out with us. You're pretty cool." Patrick said and then blushed.

I smiled, "Mkay, you're pretty cool too."

I hugged him and then he walked off. I called my dad to see where he was.

"Dad, where are you?"

"I'm down by Star bucks."

I rolled my eyes, "You expect me to carry three suitcases plus my carry on by myself? Are you fucking crazy?"

He laughed, "Okay, Corey and I are coming. Are you still at baggage claim?"

"Yes. I'll be looking for you." Then I hung up on him. I do that all the time.

About ten minutes later Dad and Corey finally emerge from the crowd.

"Took you long enough." I complained.

"Well, sorry, Ms. Hadley." Corey said drawing out the sorry, "We stopped to talk to some fans."

"Go figure." I replied. Corey smacked me on the head.

"Ouch, you loser. What the fuck was that for?"

Corey shrugged. I pouted at my dad and then hugged him.

"Corey, stop being mean to Hads. Okay? You'll have time for that later."

"HEY! Y'all are mean."

"We have to get rid of your accent." Corey said.

"NO. I happen to like my accent. At least I'm not a fake like these California girls. Ick." I replied. We had finally gotten out to the car.

"We're going to the house and then to find food. School isn't out yet here. They don't get out until the 24th so you can start back after Christmas break."

"Okay. What school am I going to and when day do they start back?" I asked.

"You're going to Whitney High School and they start back on the 7th of January." Dad replied.

"Okay, cool. Are we almost there?" I asked.

"No..we're getting stuck in traffic." Corey replied.

"Ugh..its hot.." I said, "I'm never gonna get used to it being this warm here."

"If you can stand it in Georgia then you can here." Corey said.

"Yeah, but its warm or hot here all year round..its not like that back home."

"Quit whining." Corey said. I rolled my eyes. I don't know what's wrong with him today.