Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Two

We drove around for a few minutes before pulling into Olive Garden.

I made a face.

"Why out of all the nice places, someone chose Olive Garden?" I asked.

"Johnny chose it. I'm sure Aiden isn't working tonight." She replied. I crossed my fingers so maybe luck would be on my side.

We walked inside and mom quickly found who she was looking for.

"Johnny, this is my daughter Hadley."

I slightly smiled. There were also two guys and a girl at the table.

"Well, Hadley and Piper, these are my kids, Dylan, Keegan, and Reese." Johnny said.

"Hello Hadley." Reese said. I smiled. I knew I'd get along with her so I sat down in the empty chair next to her.

"So you like Cobra Starship?" She asked.

I looked down at my shirt because I had momentarily forgot which band shirt I threw on.

"Yep, definitely a fave of mine."

She grinned, "Me too."

Everyone was seated and Keegan and Dylan kept shooting glances at my mom and I. Keegan looked to be about 19 or 20. He had short blonde hair and these beautiful hazel green eyes. Dylan looked totally opposite. He was about 18 and had short dark brown hair and brown eyes. Reese looked about my age. She had long blonde hair and hazel eyes.

"What can I get you guys to drink?" A familiar voice asked.

I looked up and there stood Aiden.

"Coke." I said not looking at him. Dylan, Reese, and Keegan got Dr. Pepper. My mom and Johnny got something else that I didn't hear. Aiden left the area.

"Oh yeah mom, you jinxed me. As you can see, Aiden is working tonight."

"I'm sorry hunny."

I shrugged, "Don't worry about it"

"Who is Aiden?" Dylan asked.

"Our waiter and my ex-boyfriend. He practically slept around on me when we were dating."

"Ouch."

"Yeah, pretty much."

He came back with our drinks and then we ordered our food.

Dinner was pretty uneventful after that except that Reese and I got along really well. I don't think Dylan and Keegan like me or my mom very much.

We all walked out to the parking lot together.

"Reese, do you have a cell phone?" I asked.

"No. Why?"

"Oh. I was going to get your number, but never mind."

"Dad says I don't need one. He thinks the whole technology thing is seriously whack."

I laughed.

"I've got a laptop and yahoo though. My SN is hazeleyes16."

"Mkay. I'll add you when I get home then. Mine is zombiexx."

"Okay." She hugged me and then walked to her dad's car. Mom and Johnny hugged.

"I'll see you tomorrow night for our date."

Mom nodded.

"Mom, I'm driving us home."

"Okay."

I hopped into the front seat while she was talking to Johnny.

One of my mixed cd's was in the player. Wait and Bleed blasted from the speakers. I know my dad is in this band, but I only like a couple of their songs. This happens to be one of them.

Mom finally got into the car. She turned down the volume to where I couldn't even hear it.

"Please don't play Slipknot in front of Johnny."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why? Are you afraid Dad's music is going to drive your lover away?"

"No. He just hates Slipknot."

I shrugged and pulled out of the parking lot.

"So do you like him?" Mom asked as we walked into the house.

"He seems alright. I mean, I got along with Reese. Keegan and Dylan don't seem like they like us all that much."

"Eh..give them time."

I nodded, "I'm going to my room to talk to Jamey on yahoo and then I'm going to bed."

I hugged my mom good night and walked upstairs.

I signed onto yahoo and saw that Reese had added me. Jamey wasn't online so I texted her.

I figured she was probably asleep since she has to work early in the morning. She works at IHOP. I work at Subway, oh joy.

I talked to Reese for a little while and got to know her better. I think she would probably become one of my best friends. Although I really hope that mom and Johnny don't ever get married. I always hold out hope that my dad and her will get back together.