Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty

We finally got to the house. It was beautiful. The house was three stories and it was in a gated community.

"There are five rooms and three bathrooms. You're room has a bathroom built into it." Dad said.

"YES!" I exclaimed. Corey and Dad laughed at me.

"So, where do the other guys stay?" I asked.

"They all have houses scattered through out LA. Mine is next door." Corey said, "I like it out here more than I do in Des Moines."

"Oh.." I replied. I went inside and up to my room. My jaw fell open as I saw how huge the room was.

"You can paint it later if you want. I'm sure you don't want white walls." Dad said. I nodded in response.

"Can I change before we go get food?"

"Yeah, we're going out with some other people for dinner." He said.

"Okay."

I pulled out a Dirty Saves t-shirt and then changed into it. I put on my plaid skirt and thanked God that I shaved that morning. Then I threw on my Clandestine flip-flops. I love Clandestine Industries. Its definitely my favorite clothing line.

I re-did my hair and make-up and then I was ready to go.

"Dad?"

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I'm ready to go when you are.." I replied.

"Mkay. We're going to go have dinner with an old friend." He said.

I nodded and then I followed my dad out of the house. I climbed into the front seat of the car and I popped in a mixed cd before my dad could say anything. I turned it to The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls. I saw my dad cringe and I laughed at him.

"They suck."

"Whatever. These boys are awesome."

About thirty minutes later we pulled into this big beautiful house. We got out of the car and a blonde headed woman met us at the door.

"Joey, how are you?" She said.

"I'm good. Oh this is my daughter Hadley. Hadley, this is Shannon Tweed."

My eyes about popped out of my sockets and dad laughed at me.

"Hi." I said. She hugged me and then we followed her into the house. We went into the kitchen where my eyes landed on the most gorgeous boy in the world: Nick Simmons.