Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-One

I kind of stood behind my dad because Nick made me shy. I've had a crush on this boy since I saw Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

"Nick, Sophie, this is Hadley, Joey's daughter." Shannon said.

"Hey." They both said. Gene came in a few minutes later and I was introduced to him.

We all sat down at the table. I was in the middle of Nick and my dad. Sophie was beside Shannon and Gene.

"So what grade are you in?" Sophie asked.

"I'm a senior." I replied.

"Wow..that must suck moving here during senior year." Nick said. I shrugged.

"I wanted to move out here...a lot of bad memories back home and my mom is marrying a jackass." I replied.

"Oh.." Nick said.

The rest of dinner went by and then after dinner I went outside and sat down on the steps. I heard the door shut after me and Nick sat down beside me.

"So.." He said. I cracked a smile.

"So.." I mocked him.

"Where are you from?"

"Georgia." I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, can't you tell from my stupid accent? Corey hates it."

Nick shrugged, "I think its cute."

I blushed.

"What's your favorite band?" He asked.

"Um, Boys Like Girls and All Time Low." I replied.

"You don't like your dad's band?"

I shrugged, "I like some of their stuff, but not all of it."

"That's cool. So what really made you want to come out here?"

"Well, for starters, I don't ever get to spend time with my dad and my best friend Jamey died a couple of months ago. She went into Cardiac Arrest because of the different drugs she had in her system." I replied. I let a tear fall and I hoped Nick didn't see it.

"I'm sorry." Then he pulled me into a hug. I really think I'm going to like it here if I hang around with Nick and Sophie.

Dad and I hung around for a little while longer and then we went back to our house. I got my laptop out of my bag and then signed onto myspace. I had a message from Jason. He said he missed me and that he loved me.

I exited out of Firefox and then turned on some music. I had Mayday Parade blasting from my speakers and I started putting my stuff away. I kind of wish school would start back so I could get it over with. I've never actually been a "new kid" before, so I was kind of nervous. Okay, scratch that I was terrified. I didn't know anyone here except Nick and Sophie. Nick graduated and Sophie goes to a different school. Oh well, I guess I'll worry about it when school starts back.

When I finally got done with everything is was almost midnight. I was dead tired. I turned my computer off and then turned the TV on. I couldn't sleep with out it on anymore.