Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Five

No one came and woke us up for dinner or anything because it was 9 am when I woke up. Nick was gone. He left me a note saying his mom came and got him. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and then got up from my bed.

I went and jumped into the shower and when I got out I put on a jean skirt, a long AE shirt and my red ballet flats. I did my make-up and hair then I sat down at my computer to draw my tattoo out so I could show my dad. I ended up drawing this kick ass heart with pins and needles stuck into it. It also had patches on it and Jamey's name in the middle with the year she was born and the year she died.

I was satisfied with the way it looked so I got up and walked downstairs.

Wednesday looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, "You look like a skank."

"Well, um, thanks?" I replied raising an eyebrow.

"Dad, I need to ask you something."

"Okay.."

"Can I get a tattoo?" I asked biting my lip thinking he'd say no.

"Thank god that's it." He replied. "Yeah, you can, as long as you pay for it. What are you wanting?"

"Cool. I drew a tattoo dedicated to Jamey." I said. I gave him the paper.

"Wow, this is amazing. I really like it." Dad said. I smiled.

"So when can I get it done?" I asked.

"Soon. Like after school starts back." He replied.

"Okay, cool."

Days went by and it was finally New Year's Eve. I was getting ready to go to a party with Nick. I didn't want to get too drunk though. I think one of my resolutions would be to stop partying. I don't want to end up like Jamey.

"Nick is here." Dad said. I walked into the living room.

"You look hot." Nick said. I blushed and laughed. I was wearing a black and white polka dotted dress with a long sleeve black shirt underneath it. I also had on white heels.

He took my hand into his and we walked out to his car.

"So what party are we going to?" I asked.

"Brian's. Its not to far from here." Nick replied.

"Okay." I said. We were quiet until we got to Brian's house. The music was loud and it was only 10 pm and it was packed.

"Stay with me, okay? I don't want you to get lost or anything." Nick said.

"Okay." I took his hand and we walked into the house.

Nick got us some drinks and we started dancing.

About hour later, I had lost Nick. He went to get something else to drink and then disappeared.

I sighed.

"Helloo, pretty thang." Some guy said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Ron. Let's go upstairs." 'Ron' said. He grabbed my arm and started to drag me with him. I hit him.

"Let me go damn it!" I exclaimed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nick.

"Nick!!" I yelled. He heard me and ran over to me.

"Dude, let her go." Nick said.

"No, she wants to go with me." Ron said.

Ron wouldn't let me go so Nick punched him.

"Come on, Hadley, let's go." Nick said helping me up from the floor.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked as we got to the car.

I nodded and then a tear fell from my face.

"Hey, its okay." He pulled me into a hug.

I finally stopped crying and looked up at him.

"Thanks Nick."

"You're welcome, baby girl."

I smiled and we both kind of stood entranced with each other. Then he leaned down and kissed me.

I wasn't tipsy anymore so I enjoyed it.

"Let's get you home." He said after we pulled away.

"Can you drive okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, it'll be okay."

I just nodded and prayed the whole way to my house. I let out a sigh of relief when we got into my driveway.

"Stay here with me tonight, okay?" I asked.

"Okay."

We walked into my house and to my room. I changed in my closet and then laid down on my bed. Nick laid down beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Happy New Year's Hadley." He said kissing me again.

I smiled and then fell asleep.