Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Its finally Friday. I'm so glad it is, because I get to see Nick. He's going to help me find a job. I really like him, but its too soon for us to actually be official.

Madison, the girl that called me a redneck, is in all four of my classes. She is freaking crazy. P.E is my last class and we played volleyball yesterday. The stupid bitch served it so it would hit me. I have a little bruise on my face. She's going to go down one day.

Anyway, I just pulled into the driveway and my dad was sitting on the porch.

"Hadley, do you wanna go get your tattoo today?" He asked.

"Hell yeah." I replied shutting my car door.

"Okay, let's go get Nick and then we can go."

I looked at my dad, "He can come?"

"Yeah.."

I just smiled.

I ran into the house to put my stuff up and then got my drawing. I ran back outside and got into the car. Dad then drove us to Nick's house.

"I'm nervous. Is it gonna hurt?" I asked.

"Yep." Dad replied.

Nick and I were currently sitting in the backseat. He was holding my hand for "moral support". Pshh, moral support my ass, but I wasn't complaining.

"We're not going to Kat's. She's out of town." Dad said.

"Mkay, as long as it's someone who is good." I replied. I really wanted Kat, but I don't even know if she'd do it. I'm not 18 yet.

We pulled into a parking space. The shop was called Dragon's Lair. We all got out and then walked inside.

"Joey, hey man." Some guy with dreadlocks said to my dad. They did that man hug thing.

"Hey Lex."

"What can I do for you today?" Lex asked.

"Well, my daughter wants a tattoo. I figured we could come to you."

"Mkay, and I didn't know you had a daughter." Lex replied.

"Yeah, she just turned 17."

I rolled my eyes, "Hello, I'm still here."

Dad smiled and Lex chuckled.

"She's just like you."

"Yeah, its very sad." I replied. Nick just kind of stood there and didn't say anything.

"So what can I do for you?" Lex asked. I handed him my drawing.

"This is nice."

"Yeah, um, if there is anything you think of to add to it or take away, then go for it." I said.

"Okay, come back in about an hour and then we'll start on your tattoo." Lex said.

"Okay. Thanks." I said smiling.

"No problem." Lex replied.

That hour went by fast and before I knew it I was walking back into the shop. Lex showed me what he had drawn and it was amazing. The heart with the stitches I had drawn was basically the same except he moved them around so Jamey's name could fit. He also fixed it so her birth year and death year could fit.

"So, Hadley, where do you want this?" He asked.

"Right here." I replied lifting up my pants leg and pointing to my lower leg. Lex nodded and then put the stencil drawing on my leg.

"Mkay, see how it looks."

I walked to the mirror and gasped.

"It's amazing. Dad, Nick, look." I said.

"It's beautiful." Nick said. Dad just smiled.

Lex motioned for me to come sit down so he could start.

"So what's the story behind this one?"

"Well, Jamey was my best friend. I had known her since I was little and we were inseparable. We started partying and everything at the beginning of junior year and then by the time senior year rolled around she was out of control. On Halloween, we went to my friend's party instead of going to the one we were suppose to go to that night."

I bit my lip from wanting to cry about Jamey and the pain in my leg.

"Anyway, Jamey got bored because there were no drugs or alcohol at the party so she left with her boyfriend. That night when I got home my mom told me she mixed a bunch of drugs and alcohol together."

I let my tears fall and Nick was wiping them away.

"She went into Cardiac Arrest and they couldn't revive her. She's part of the reason I moved out here with my dad."

"Wow." Lex said. "You have a really sad story behind your first tattoo, but it's great that you're remembering your best friend through a tattoo."

I slightly smiled.

"And you're also done." He said.

"Yay! I wanna go look."

It's even better than I thought it would be.

Dad took out his phone and took a picture.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Sending it to your mom." He replied.

"Dad! She's going to have a cow." I said.

He laughed, "That's the point."

I paid for my tattoo, hugged Lex and then we drove back to my house.

Nick and I were about to walk to my room when my dad stopped us.

"I have to leave for a little while. No funny business, okay?" He said seriously.

"Okay..geeze."

Nick just nodded. My dad might be shorter than Nick, but Nick is still afraid of him. I don't know why.

"So, do you think you'll be getting more tattoos?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, Lex did an amazing job. I love it."

"I love it too."

It was silent for a minute.

"Hadley, I really like you."

"Nick, I like you too, but we barely know each other." I replied.

"Well, let's get to know each other then."

"Okay.."

We ended up playing ten questions.

"Nick, there is something else you need to know about me.." I said.

"What?"

"I'm bisexual."

"Really?"

He gave me that "Oh my God, that's hot" look.

"Yes.."

"So do I even have a chance with you?"

"Duh." I replied, "I'm more into guys than girls.."

"Good." He sighed in relief.

"Mhmm."

He pulled me into a hug and then kissed my cheek.

I think I'm really starting to like this boy.