Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Monday came quicker than ever. I knew today wasn't going to be a good day. I could just feel it. My leg still hurts. Yesterday, dad hit my leg on accident and it felt like a million knives sticking in my leg all at once. It looks amazing though. My mom is coming up here this weekend. She's bringing everyone with her and said that she had to let us know something in person. I'm scared

Anyway, I took a shower and then walked into my room to get dressed. I chose a cute skirt and my neon Sally tee. The skirt really showed off my tattoo. I did my hair and make-up and then slipped on some heels.

"Dad, I'm leaving for school." I said I hugged him and then walked out to my car.

First period was really interesting to say the least. Barbie Girl, my nickname for Madison, almost got her ass kicked by me.

"Hadley." She said in an annoying nasally voice, "What is that thing on your leg?"

"It's called a tattoo, Madison and it's not awful." I replied rolling my eyes.

Whatever. Why do you have a guy's name in it though? I mean, that is suppose to be bad luck."

"Jamey was a girl. She was my best friend back home and she died on Halloween this past year." I said. I bit my lip.

Madison flipped her hair, "Oh, it was probably a good thing. There's one less freak in this world."

"Oh burn." Casey, one of the other girls said.

That pissed me off. I got out of my seat and walked over to Casey and Madison.

"Girl, you better shut the hell up. You have no idea what it's like to see your best friend lying in a fucking casket. Jamey died because she OD'd and went into Cardiac Arrest." I said. I was literally an inch from Madison's face.

"I'm not scared you of you Hadley. You're just a stupid slut!" Madison squealed.

"You know nothing about me you skank." I seethed. I raised my hand back and slapped her.

"Oh my God!" She yelled. She hit me back and then it went back and forth for a few minutes before Mr. Shoemaker broke us apart.

"GIRLS!!" He yelled. "To the office now!"

I threw up my hands and got my stuff then walked out of the classroom.

I sat in the office waiting on the principal. I knew I'd probably getting suspended or arrested or something.

"Ms. Jansen, come in." Mrs. Linder said. I followed her into the office.

"I'm very surprised with this. You are a new student. I didn't think we'd have any problems with you." She said. I just kind of shrugged.

"Is there anything going on at home?"

"Nope. Madison just made me mad because she was talking bad about my dead best friend. I get mad about it easily I mean, it's only been about three months since she died." I said.

"Maybe you should got to counseling. These things can be tough." She replied.

I just shrugged again.

"You will be punished for this. I'm giving you three days of suspension. Normally, the police would be called and everything, but I'm in a very great mood. Madison will get the same punishment. So I'm calling your dad to let him know what's going on. Now be on your way.." She said.

I nodded and then walked out of the office.