Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-One

My mom's plane had just gotten in. Dad went to go pick her up from the airport. Of course she brought Johnny, Dylan, Reese, and Keegan with her. Nick had stayed the night again. I've gotten use to waking up beside him. He makes me all squishy inside. It's a good feeling though and I'm glad he's not like the other guys. He's not dating me for sex. He's dating me because he likes me.

"Good morning." Nick said walking into the kitchen. I was sitting at the table eating Lucky Charms.

"Good morning. You get to meet my mom, her fiance and his kids today." I said. Nick sat down beside me.

"Oh boy.." He replied. I laughed at him.

"I hope they like me. I mean, I don't need to get on your mom's bad side."

"Yeah, I know. Everything will be okay." I said. I hope Reese doesn't plan to be a bitch today. I'll smack her.

I heard the front door open and a bunch of voices.

"Hadley?" I heard someone call. It was my mom.

I grabbed Nick's hand and intertwined our fingers. Then we walked into the living room.

"Mom!" I squealed letting go of Nick and running into my mom's arms.

"I've missed you so much." She said.

"I've missed you too."

"Who's this?" Johnny asked. I finally noticed him standing next to my dad. Reese, Dylan, and Keegan were behind him.

"This is my boyfriend Nick. Nick, that's my mom Piper, her fiance Johnny, and then his kids, Keegan, Reese and Dylan." I replied.

I saw Reese give Nick a flirtatious glance. I glared at her and she glared back.

"Let's get something to eat and then you can tell us your news." Dad said.

Nick wrapped an arm around my waist and we followed them into the kitchen.

"Did you two eat?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, we had Lucky Charms." I replied, "We're gonna go play Guitar Hero. Call us when ya'll get done."

"Okay." Dad said.

Nick followed behind me and we went to my room. I closed my door and his arms went around my waist as mine went around his neck. He leaned down and kissed me.

"I've been wanting to do that since this morning. Hadley, you're amazing, you know that right?"

"I guess." I replied.

"You are and you're beautiful. Hads, I'm falling for you, hard.." Nick said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, really."

I smiled.

"I'm falling for you too."