Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-Six

Graduation is here.

My row is about to walk across the stage. I'm third in this row. My tummy is in knots. My whole family is here. By family, I mean Slipknot and the whole Murderdolls crew plus my mom. Nick and Sophie are here too.

"Hadley Marie Jansen." The Principal called.

I smiled as I made my way across the stage to get my diploma. Air horns were honking at me. I just shook my head and laughed at them.

After my row sat back down, I tuned everything out until the principal started talking again.

"I want to present to you the Class of 2008!"

All of us threw our caps into the air. I looked around. I was sad that I didn't get to share this moment with Jamey. We had looked forward to this day since we were freshman. I just graduated with a bunch of people I didn't know.

"I'm so proud of you." Dad said as he walked over to me and embraced me in a hug.

"I am too." Mom said also hugging me. I started crying as soon as I hit her arms.

"Aw, hunny, what's the matter?" She asked.

I sniffled, "I miss Jamey. She should be here. We should still be in Georgia graduating with everyone we grew up withI just feel like I'm missing a part of me."

"She's here, baby doll," Dad said, "She's here with all of us."

Nick walked over to me and embraced me when my mom let me go. He kissed my forehead and then wiped away my tears.

"Let's go celebrate." I said clearing my throat.

Everyone smiled and then nodded in agreement.

We had a huge party at my house. A lot of people from school were there. It was to crazy though. They somehow smuggled in alcohol and Nick and I got drunk.

My dad eventually made everyone leave. I think that was about 3 am.

When I woke up, I was on the couch with Nick passed out beside me.

"Ugh. I must have drunk a shit load of alcohol last night." I mumbled.

"Yep, you did." Dad said appearing out of nowhere.

"Fucking hell," I said clutching my chest, "Don't do that. You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry." He said shrugging.

"Your mom wants you to go back home with her."

"What?"

"Yeah..she's being a bitch. She said she take you back with her even if she has to drag you kicking and screaming."

"Well, I suppose she will. I'm not leaving you or Nick."

"What are you going do when Slipknot goes on tour?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Ya'll aren't going anytime soon are you?"

"Nope"

"Okay.." I replied. I poked Nick until he woke up.

"Morning sleepyhead." I said.

"Morning." He replied.

"My dad said my mom wants me to go back to Georgia with her.." I trailed off.

"I..I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to go either Nick."

"Please don't go?" He asked giving me the puppy face.

I giggled.

"She might make me."

"She can't take you away from me." He said wrapping his arms around me, "I won't let her."

I smiled, "I know you won't."

"I'm going to go take a shower." I said letting go of him.

"Save water and let me shower with you."

I laughed, "I never said you weren't invited to join me."

He smirked and I ran up the stairs with him chasing me.