Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-Eight

The next morning I woke wrapped in Nick's arms. Last night was the last time that was going to happen for awhile. I knew my mom would make me leave with her no matter how much Dad and I argued with her. Nick couldn't come with me. I couldn't ask him to do that.

I sighed as I realized I was content in his arms. I didn't want to move and actually I couldn't move. I was sore and Nick was kind of laying on me.

Someone pounded on my door, "HADLEY MARIE. GET YOUR ASS UP AND PACKED."

I rolled my eyes. My mom has become a bitch.

"Nick, baby, I need to get up."

"No. Stay just like that." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I wish I could.."

"Take a shower with me?" He asked.

"Okay. No sex though. I'm sore."

He laughed and just nodded.

After our shower, I started to get things packed. It was hard. I decided to leave a lot of stuff here. Dad loved it out here now. I knew he'd be here a lot. He would take care of my stuff. Besides, I turn 18 in less than a month. Then my mom can't make me stay.

Hours later, I was at the airport saying my goodbyes.

"Hads, I'm gonna miss you." Dad said wrapping me in a hug.

"I'll miss you too. You'll see me in about a month though. Mom can kiss my ass if she thinks I'm staying with her after I turn 18."

He laughed, "Your boyfriend wants to say goodbye."

I bit my lip and Nick wrapped his arms around me.

"I'll miss you baby. I'll see you in about a month, don't worry." Nick said.

"I know, but I don't wanna be away from you."

"I know. I don't wanna be away from you either."

He handed me one of his hoodies, "Take it, okay?"

I just nodded and he kissed me.

They called our flight and I choked back sobs.

"I love you Nick."

"I love you too, Hadley."

Mom grabbed my arm and drug me onto the plane.

She officially sucks as a mom.