Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Forty

I got back to the house with my food and Johnny was sitting on the couch with my mom. Her belly had gotten bigger. I think she's about four months pregnant now. I honestly think thats why she's being a bitch to me all the time.

Johnny had something in his hands. I ignored him as I walked up to my room. I took a sip of my drink and went to get my birth control when I realized it wasn't there.

"Looking for this?" Johnny asked holding the pack up in the air. I rolled my eyes and went to grab them.

"Since when have you been on birth control? I thought you couldn't get those without a parent or guardian. Your dad didn't get them for you, did he?" Mom asked.

"No, I've been on them for a couple of months. You can get them at Planed Parenthood...they have a lot of those in California." I replied.

"Why? You and Nick are having sex aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm not going to lie about it."

"You lost your virginity to him?" Mom asked.

I laughed, "No. I lost my virginity to Craig on my 15th birthday."

"Wow.."

"Mhmm."

Johnny gave me a dirty look, "You're a slut."

"Pshh, so what if I like having sex, okay? Nick is different anyway. I've never been treated so good by a guy and he's amazing. Besides, you really don't have much room to talk. You knocked my mom up. You're a hypocrite. Telling me not to have premarital sex, and you're fucking my mom. Go away."

"Hadley, that's uncalled for." Mom said.

"No, seriously, go the fuck away. You both piss me off more than you fucking know. Now give me my damn birth control back. I don't want to end up pregnant." I said grabbing it out of Johnny's hand. I shut the door in their faces. I took my pill and then laid down. This day has been so draining. I can't wait to be back in Nick's arms.

The next morning I was woken up by Reese pulling me out of my bed.

"What the fuck?" I asked clearly pissed off.

"Get up. We're going out for breakfast."

She walked out of my room and I got up.

"Bitch." I muttered. I pulled on an Atreyu shirt, and pair of short blue jean shorts. I slipped on my flip flops then did my hair and make-up. I grabbed my phone, I-pod, and purse then walked downstairs.

"Where are we going?" I asked mom.

"I-Hop."

"Okay, I'll meet you there."

I walked out the door and to my car before anyone could protest.

I wish Nick was awake. We're on different time zones now. Bleh. I miss him so much its not funny.

Before I knew it I had pulled up to I-Hop. Mom and Johnny pulled in after me.

I got through it without punching or cussing anyone out, surprisingly. I left without saying anything to them and then I called Nick.

"Hello?" Nick answered groggily.

"Hey baby. Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"Hadley?" He sounded more awake.

"Mhmm. I miss you."

"I miss you too. My arms are lonely."

I laughed, "I'll be back in your arms soon enough. Trust me. I'm about to kill all of them as it is."

"I love you."

"I love you too. You won't believe what mom and Johnny confronted me about."

"What?"

"Johnny got my birth control and tried telling me I couldn't take it anymore."

"Seriously?"

"Mhmm, but I got it back. Everything is cool." I laughed.

"I'm going to England with my dad next week. We'll probably be gone until a couple of days before your birthday."

"Wow. What are you doing over there?"

"Recording. I'm so excited."

I smiled sadly, "I bet you are. Well, I'll let you get back to sleep. Call me later. I love you."

"I love you too and I will."

Then I closed my phone. Its bad enough we are on opposite ends of the country and now he's going to be across the pond from me. This isn't good, but I trust him. If I can trust him in California then I can trust him in England.