Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Forty-One

I didn't talk to Nick for about two weeks. He was always busy or I was sleeping. When I finally got a hold of him, I only got to talk to him for a few minutes. I'm going back to California in about two more weeks. Its July 3rd and I'm leaving on the 17th. Nick should be home when I get there. I want to see him so bad its not funny. I'm currently blocking out Johnny and mom talking to me.

"You are such a little sinner." Johnny said. I giggled and then rolled my eyes.

"Yep, I know and I'm gong to hell in a hand basket." I said being a smart ass.

"You're actually right for once." Johnny said.

"I'm glad I'm going home in two weeks and then I'm gonna be legal. Hell to the yeah." I said.

"You are home." Mom said giving me a sad look.

"Not anymore..." I trailed off giving her that same sad look.

"Hadley, we want you to stay here with us. We can even get you an apartment.." Johnny said. I gave him a strange look.

"No. No. Hell no. I'm going back to California even if dad isn't there. I can live in his house and I have Nick. I love him more than anything in this world. That boy has my whole heart.I can't do that to him and I won't." I replied. I walked up to my room and cried. I can't take it anymore. Johnny makes me so mad and it kills me that he's brainwashed my mom. I seriously need to get out of here for awhile. I grabbed my stuff and then walked outside to my car.

Weed and alcohol is what I need right now.

I drove around until I found what I was looking for. Alan's house. Party central.

I parked my car next to the sidewalk and got out. I made my inside and to Alan.

"Hi." I said timidly.

"Hadley, hi." Alan replied, "Want a drink?"

"Sure..and um, you wouldn't happen to have any weed would you?"

He raised an eyebrow, "I thought you quit doing drugs?"

"Pretty much, but sometimes you gotta let go for just one night, right?"

He nodded, handed me a drink and then led me down to the basement.

"So what's going on in your life?" He asked handing me the joint.

"Well, I met Nick Simmons, like I said, we're dating. Mom is getting married to this stupid cocky Christian guy. His name is Johnny. He bitches at me for everything. Oh and my mom is having his baby."

"No shit?"

"No shit."

Alan and I got pretty fucked up. I smoked three joints and then got handed a bong. That's my favorite thing to smoke out of.

It was a pretty crazy night and I didn't leave until five the next day.