Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fourty-Two

I got home around 5:30 and mom was sitting on the couch.

"Where were you last night?" She asked.

"At Alan's." I replied walking straight up to my room and slamming the door.

No one else said anything about me being gone so I let it go.

Its finally the day I get to leave. I'm so excited. I just want to be back in Nick's arms. We were all at the airport. Mom was crying, Johnny comforting her. Reese was glaring and Dylan and Keegan were just staring off into space.

"Mom,you knew this would happen. I don't know why you had to drag me back out here." I said. I hugged her.

"I just wanted to see you...."

I kept my comments to myself.

My flight was called.

"I'll call you when I get in, okay?"

Mom nodded and then hugged me again. I walked onto the plane. The ride back to California was spent sleeping. By the time I got off the plane, It was 8 pm.

Dad was waiting on me by the gate.

"DAD!!" I yelled running up to him. He wrapped me in a hug.

"I missed you, Hadley."

"I missed you too. I'm here to stay. I ain't going back." I said letting my accent out a little. Dad laughed at me.

"Let's get you home." He said taking my suitcases and walking us out to the car.

I hopped into the front seat and Pantera blasted out of the speakers as we drove down the road. We got to the house and I went straight to my room. It was the same as I had left it a couple of weeks ago. Dad put my stuff down and then threw my car keys at me.

"Your car is in the garage."

I smiled and then picked up my phone. I was going to call Nick, but I decided to just surprise him.

I let dad know where I was going and then walked out to my car. I love this thing. Its amazing.

I drove over to Nick's house. His car was the only one in the driveway. I knocked on the door.

"Hadley!!" He yelled opening the door. I smiled as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Miss me?"

"DUH!!"

We walked into his house and up to his room.

"I missed you so fucking much. You don't even know." Nick said bringing me into a kiss.

"I probably missed you as much as you missed me." I replied. He kept his arms around me.

He pulled me into another kiss and then pushed me down onto the bed. We both knew where this was going. I mean come on, we've been away from each other for about a month.

Nothing was better than being in Nick's arms.