Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fourty-Three

I woke up to Nick planting kisses along my jaw.

"Hi," I said and giggled.

"Hi, you know, I wanna wake up every morning with you in my arms," Nick said.

I smiled, "I want to wake up in your arms every morning, too."

We got up and he took a shower with me. None of our feelings had changed while we were apart. I think it made our relationship stronger.

"Your birthday is soon.."

"Yeah, I'll finally be 18," I replied sliding on an Avenged Sevenfold shirt.

"Are you going to college?" he asked.

"Um, I think I'm going to take a year off and then apply to beauty school."

"That will be cool."

"Yeah, I know."

"HADLEY?! Are you up yet?" I heard dad scream from downstairs.

"Yeah," I replied, "Let's go."

Nick followed me down the stairs, his arm attached to my waist. When we got down to the living room, there were about six or so guys spread around the furniture.

"Dad?" I called. He poked his head around the kitchen door.

I pointed to all of them and he smirked. He walked into the living room and stood next to me.

"Guys, this is my daughter Hadley. Hadley, these are the guys of Avenged Sevenfold."

"Holy shit."

Matt, Johnny, Jimmy, Zacky, and Brian all turned and smiled at me. However, there was another guy who I didn't recognize.

"Oh, and that is Matt Berry." Dad said.

"Hi," I said. Nick was standing next to me not saying a word. I looked up at him and he was shooting icy glares at Zacky because he was staring at me.

"Uh, Zacky, hun, underage. Jail bait. Stop staring at me." I said bluntly. He immediately looked away and blushed.

"Sorry," He muttered. I shrugged and poked Nick in the stomach.

"Stop glaring at him."

Nick rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen.

I huffed, "Jealous, much?"

"You would think he wouldn't act that way since you just came home." Dad said.

"Yeah, I know, but he's a guy and has to go and be a dick..." I trailed off.

"Hey, we all take offense to that," Jimmy spoke up.

I just laughed and told them I was sorry.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Joey asked us to hang out and he mentioned that we were your favorite band. None of us knew he had a daughter though," Matt replied.

"Yeah, most people don't. I've lived with my mom my whole life and didn't meet Joey until I was twelve," I said.

"Oh. Wow, that's kind of crazy. Where are you from?" Johnny asked.

"Georgia," I said and was interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked at the caller id and it was mom.

"Shit, I knew there was something I forgot to do last night," I said answering her call.

"HADLEY MARIE JANSEN!"

I held the phone away from my ear and the guys gave me a funny look.

"Hi mommy," I said.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I, um, got busy and forgot?"

"Yeah, right, you just 'forgot'. I'm sure that's what it was."

"Actually, you wanna know the truth?"

"Yes."

I laughed, "You don't wanna know what I was up to because it will piss you and Mr. Fag face off."

She scoffed, "His name is Johnny and you will tell me why you didn't call me."

"Whatever and it was because I was to busy having "I missed you" sex with Nick," I replied doing the air quotes.

The line was silent until she started yelling at me again.

"What is your problem mom? I will be 18 in like four days. You can't say anything to me after that."

"You know what? You are a whore. You had sex with Aiden, and Alan, and probably Kameron," She said.

"Do not bring up Alan and Kameron into this conversation."

"Well you partied with them the night before you left, did you sleep with Alan?"

That brought me to tears.

"Yeah, mom, I partied with him. Doesn't mean I cheated on Nick. I would never do that."

"You're a hypocrite. After Jamey died you said you would never do that again."

"Why do you have to bring up Jamey too? Do you like fucking with my mind and making me cry? Fuck you and fuck Johnny. He's the one who changed you," I said hanging up the phone.

Everyone was staring at me and I couldn't take it. I jumped up from the chair I was sitting in and bolted out the front door.

"HADLEY!" I heard Nick yell, but I ignored him as I ran from the house. I was barefoot too. He finally caught up to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I sniffled and told him about my mom calling me a whore again and our conversation. I even told him about the night before I left. He wasn't mad at me, thank god.

"Everything will be okay. I promise. You have me and your dad and everyone else."

I just nodded and then he told me to get on his back. He gave me a piggyback until we got back to my house. I had ran two miles without even realizing it.

"Hadley, thank god," dad said wrapping his arms around me.

"So you two are dating?" Jimmy asked motioning toward Nick and I.

"Yep," I replied smiling, "July 14th will be six months."

"That's cool," Jimmy replied. Zacky looked sad and I rolled my eyes. Zacky is way to old for me anyway.

I went up and changed into a black mini skirt and halter top, then slipped on some purple flip-flops. I grabbed my keys, purse and phone, then I walked back downstairs.

"Daddy?" I asked sweetly. He gave me that look of his.

"Will you go with me to Lex's shop, pretty please?"

"Do you have money?"

"Yep."

"Yeah, come on."

I squealed, "Do you guys wanna come with us?"

"Sure, what are you getting done?" Brian asked.

"Another tattoo," I replied.

"Another one?" He asked.

I nodded and moved my leg so he could see Jamey's tattoo.

"Jamey was my best friend and she died on Halloween last year. She went into Cardiac Arrest because of the Heroin and other drugs she had in her system," I said quietly.

"Oh, wow," He said. Brian walked over and gave me a hug. Then the other guys followed suit. I smiled at the gesture. I knew I would be great friends with these guys despite the age difference.