Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fourty-Five

We went back to my house the next morning, and I was surprised to see my mom and Johnny sitting on the couch. I just left them a couple of days ago. Can I not get a break from them?

I hugged my dad and then grabbed Nick's hand again.

"Look what Nick got me," I said holding up my hand.

"Promise ring, right?" Dad asked.

"Yep," I replied. He smiled and then hugged Nick, which was awkward because of the whole height thing. Hell, it's awkward for us because I'm short too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked mom.

"We're moving out here," She said. My eyes got wide and I felt Nick's grip on my hand tighten.

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, we figured it was for the best. I have family out here anyway," Johnny said. I glared at him.

"Great, now I'm going to have to escape to Kalamazoo to get away from you Johnny."

"Why would you want to get away from me?" Johnny Christ asked as he walked into the house.

"Not you Christ. I'm talking about my mom's fiance."

"Oh," He said.

Nick looked around, "Are you guys going to be here everyday?"

"Pretty much," Christ replied and Nick laughed.

"Oh my god, this place is amazing."

"Oh hell no, you brought Ms. Bitch skank face with you?" I asked referring to Reese.

"Quit talking about her like that. She's pretty much your sister," Johnny said.

I rolled my eyes. I looked at Zacky and he was staring at Reese.

"Zacky babe, she's out of your league," I said.

"So? She's still hot," He replied.

I heard Johnny choke on his spit, "Do not talk about my daughter that way."

He looked at Zacky like he was the scum of the earth.

"Don't worry, he looks at me that way too," I said to him and he shrugged.

The guys ended up following dad over to Corey's house leaving Nick and I with my mom and Johnny.

Nick wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I smiled up at him lovingly.

"Hadley, you and I need to talk about some things," Mom said pulling Nick and I apart.

"I guess I'll go home then," Nick said. I pouted and kissed him.

I walked him to the door and then he kissed me.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you, too."

I watched him walk out to his car and then drive away.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The reason we moved out here is because.." Mom trailed off.

I just looked at her.

"I wanted to be closer to you and when I have the baby, I want you to know your little sister. Her name is going to be Madison Renee King," Mom said.

I knew that wasn't everything. She was keeping something from me. I could see it in her eyes.