Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Five

Jamey pretty much passed out over the toilet so I got mom to help me put her in my bed and then I crawled in after her.

I woke up the next morning without a hangover. I usually don't get them if I smoke weed before I drink..its really weird. Jamey was in the bathroom puking again.

I scrunched up my nose and walked in to brush my teeth.

"Jamey, are you okay?"

She nodded, "I'm glad we came back to your house. My mom and dad would've been home and we would be dead right now."

I laughed and then started brushing my teeth. Jamey brushed her teeth and then we walked downstairs. Keegan was asleep on the couch.

"I thought he was gonna go home?" I asked.

"It was to late for me to drive him home so I told him could sleep on the couch."

I nodded my head and went to the kitchen to get a pop tart and a Dr. Pepper. Jamey got a water and some aspirin. We walked back into the living room and sat down on the floor.

I smirked and started poking Keegan.

"Stop.." He swatted my hand away.

I kept poking him until he opened his eyes.

"Oh it's you."

"What? Were you expecting the fucking Easter Bunny or something?"

He rolled his eyes and then got up off the couch.

"I'm taking him home. You better be here when I get back." Mom said.

I nodded. She left and Jamey turned to me.

"Is your mom pissed at us?"

"I don't know. She said last night that if we're going to get drunk and stuff she wants us to do it here so she knows we're safe."

"Oh..that's cool."

"I suppose. My dad would probably get drunk with me. I've never been drunk around him though."

"We got drunk with Wednesday once though, remember?"

"Yeah." I laughed.

"I'm going to take a shower. If you want, you can use mom's bathroom."

She nodded and we walked upstairs to take our showers.

I started the water and started singing.

"I feel like a Hero and you are my heroine. I won't try to philosophize. I'll just take a deep breath and look into your eyes."

I'm a bit obsessed with Boys Like Girls. They're amazing. I'm going to Warped Tour to see them and I can't wait.

I got out of the shower and put on my plaid skirt with some black and red fishnets. I waited until Jamey got back into my room to put on the corset I wanted to wear. It was the most complicated one I owned. I put on my boots and did my hair and make-up.

Jamey got dressed in a pair of her jeans she left here and a TAI tank top and put on my blue and green flip-flops.

"You better be glad you left some of your clothes here last week." I said.

"I know. None of your jeans fit me because you're to damn short."

"Like I told mom, blame it on Dad's family genes."

"Exactly."

We went downstairs and mom was at the kitchen table.

"Can you two sit down, please?"

Jamey and I sat down next to mom.

"I really meant what I said last night. I don't like what you're doing, it's dangerous and I don't want to loose my daughter,well, daughters because Jamey is like mine too."

"We understand."

"If you want to drink then do it here, but the whole smoking pot thing has to stop and for that you're grounded for the next four days. You'll go to work when you have to and then come home. No internet or cell phone either. Jamey, I need you to go home."

I looked at my mom in disbelief. She had never grounded me for anything even when she caught me sneaking out once.

"Why am I getting grounded? You've never done it before."

"It was Johnny's suggestion. He asked about what had happened and he had said you needed to be grounded for like two months, but I decided on four days."

I rolled my eyes, "So you're taking advice from some guy you've known for maybe two days? What the fuck mom?"

She shrugged, "Maybe it'll keep you out of jail a lot longer."

"Whatever."

I followed Jamey to the door.

"This is fucked up." I said.

"Seriously."

"I don't think he should be telling her how to raise me. I have my own dad for that."

"I'll see later you bitch."

I laughed, "Okay." I hugged her and she walked out to her car.

I walked upstairs to my room to see my mom carrying my laptop and cell phone to her room.

"This sucks." I mumbled.

I settled down on my bed and started writing a song.