Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fifty

Its been three years since my mom died and four years since Jamey died. I eventually went to beauty school and now I own a salon with funnily enough, Valary Sanders. Yep, Matt and her are married. Nick and I got married a year ago right after Chance was born. Chance is our one year old little girl. Her full name is Chance Piper Simmons. I did get custody of Madison. She just turned three. Johnny was hurt really badly in a car accident and could no longer take care of her.

Zacky and Reese are married.

Reese and I are actually friends..best of friends actually.

Dad and I are closer than ever. He's the best dad I could ever ask for. I don't know what I'd do with out him.

Right at this moment in time, I'm taking another pregnancy test.

I'm not really sure if I'm going to be completely excited if I am..at least in the beginning. Nick is at some charity event with his family.

"Hadley?" I heard Val call. She's one of my best friends now.

"I'm upstairs," I replied. I had set the test down and watched the clock.

Val looked at me and then at the test, then back at me.

"Are you wanting it to be positive?"

I shrugged and we sat in silence until time was up. I couldn't look.

"Hads, it's negative."

I let tears fall down my face. I was disappointed, but happy at the same time.

"I don't think we're ready to have another baby right now," I said.

"I don't think so either. I mean, you have Maddy and Chance...." Val trailed off.

I smiled, "So when are you and Matt going to have a baby?"

"Soon, I hope."

"Me too."

We hung around for awhile and then she left when Nick got home. He had taken both girls with him so needless to say, I lost my peace and quiet when they walked into the house.

I smiled at my family as Maddy and Chance ran to me. I scooped them both up in a hug and Nick kissed me on the cheek.

I sat them back down and they went to watch TV.

I bit my lip, "The test was negative."

"Are you okay with that?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay with it, are you?"

"I was hoping you would be, but we can always try again later on."

I smiled and nodded.

"So what are we doing later?" Nick asked.

"Can we have a big barbecue and invite everyone?"

Nick laughed, "Sure. Tonight?"

I nodded. I called everyone I wanted here and then some said they would go and get stuff.

By five o clock, my real family plus my extended family was crowded into our back yard. I'm talking about my dad and all the guys, Avenged Sevenfold and their girls, plus Nick's family.

I looked around at all of them and smiled. I knew what it meant to have family. All of these people were my family, related or not. I had Chance and my dad had Maddy in his arms. Nick was standing beside me. I could have sworn I saw my mom and Jamey smile at me. I just smirked and nodded my head knowing that they were there watching us. I was no longer one of those people who didn't appreciate life. Ya know, it really is like that Boys Like Girls song, Dance Hall Drug. I couldn't wait to fall in love, but I was just stuck in that moment of partying and fucking random nameless guys. I could have died..just like Jamey had that night. Every breath I take, I cherish it because I know it could be gone a flash.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad to see it end,but I had too.