Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Six

My punishment is over today. I've worked all four days so it was okay. Mom has been out with Johnny every night.

I don't even know him all that well and I don't like him. He's trying to act like he's my dad. Johnny is over here right now with Keegan. Dylan and Reese weren't allowed to come for some reason.

"So how long has Hadley's dad been gone?" Johnny asked.

"Well, she met him when she was twelve. I had never told him I was pregnant."

"Oh, so is he in her life at all?"

"Yes, he is, he is on tour right now." I said.

"On tour? So he's in a band?" Keegan asked.

I nodded, "Right now he's on tour with Korn filling in for their drummer, but he's the drummer for Slipknot."

Johnny look shocked.

"I heard you don't like Slipknot, Johnny?"

"I don't. Their music is evil and satanic."

I rolled my eyes.

"Your dad is Joey Jordison?" Keegan asked.

"Yeah.."

"That's cool."

I raised an eyebrow.

"One of my friends is in love with that band. She drug me to one their concerts..they're alright."

"That's cool. Another female maggot. I don't really care for my dad's music all that much, but the guys are awesome. I really like one of Dad's side projects, Murderdolls, though. They haven't been together in a long time because all of the guys were in other bands.."

Keegan nodded.

"Why did you say female maggot?" Johnny asked.

"That's what Slipknot's fans are called..Maggots." I shrugged.

He just shook his head.

"I hope he comes to see me soon. I really miss him."

"I know you do. Maybe you can go back to Iowa with him whenever you have another break or something."

"Maybe.."

I got up and walked up to my room. I turned on some music and then called Jamey.

"Jamey."

"Hads. What's up?"

"Nothing. Johnny is here. Bleh."

She laughed, "Come over. We're going to Alan's again if you want.."

"Hell yes, I'll be over in a little while then."

"Okay, get your toothbrush and shit because we're staying there tonight."

"Mkay."

"Who knows, we might get laid tonight.."

"You're such a dirty whore."

"I know, but so are you Hadley."

"Nope, I'm not. Oh yeah, are you not playing volleyball this year?"

"Fuck no. We have a new coach and she's a total bitch so I decided not to play this year."

"Figures. Well, I'll go get packed and tell mom I'm staying at your house."

"Kay. Bye bitch."

I hung up and got everything ready. I wouldn't leave for awhile though.

I walked back downstairs.

"Mom, is it alright if I go stay with Jamey tonight?"

"Sure."

"Mkay."

"No partying though, okay?"

"Okay."

Big fat lie. I'm getting shit faced tonight.